Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Jan 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1504577)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jamie Davies

What's he been up to lately? Did he do any races in 2005? I think he's a cracking good driver with pace to match. He certainly impressed me with his stint at Veloqx. I was surprised he didn't get a ride with the Aston Martin Team. Anyone know anything???
Old 19 Jan 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1504609)   #2
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He raced the #10 Vitaphone Maerati at Spa 24 last yr, but don't know what else he did
Old 19 Jan 2006, 18:56 (Ref:1504619)   #3
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could be very wrong here but i think i recall his name as the safety car driver for F1 on an occasion cant remember the race tho.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1504648)   #4
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He drove a JMB Maserati too - Bahrain
Old 19 Jan 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1504711)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah yes, forgot about the Maserati drives.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1504718)   #6
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Jamie also tested an Aston on Pirellis late in the season
Old 19 Jan 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1504719)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Graham, do you see him getting left out of a full-time drive for another season?

How about Davies and Chilton in the factory Zytek?
Old 20 Jan 2006, 01:48 (Ref:1504894)   #8
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Graham, is Jamie a Pirelli-associated driver in the same way I get the impression Robin Liddell/Fabio Babini seem to have been over the past few seasons? I'm never quite sure exactly what the arrangement is there but certain people have appeared in Pirelli-shod cars most of the time, with Pirelli jumpsuits on.

I ask only because Davies' cameos, the 2 Maserati drives, BMS Ferrari drive and BMS Aston test, all share that interesting similarity.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 06:59 (Ref:1504967)   #9
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Graham, do you see him getting left out of a full-time drive for another season?
No, Jamie is very firmly in the gaze of Pirelli - I'd be surprised / disappointed if we didn't see him in a Pirelli shod GT1 in 2006
Old 20 Jan 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1505012)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
How about Davies and Chilton in the factory Zytek?
Tom Chilton has signed to the BTCC with VXRacing and Vauxahll this year, so I can't see him driving the Zytek this year as the LMS rounds at Spa and the Nurburgring clash with the BTCC rounds at Outlon Park and Croft. As for Le Mans he test day clashes with the round at Thruxton and as Tom has not raced at Le Mans he would have to do the rookie test, which Loeb did last year, but I can't see the ACO extending the session for him as they did for Loeb last year.....