Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1541971)   #1
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STR livery

Toro Rosso's livery mainly consists of a large charging red bull (surprise surprise!) Definitely striking, although I'll wait for some photos from other angles before I pass final judgment
Old 9 Mar 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1541988)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Beautiful... I must say I am surprised that they carrying red bull logos et all, but there's nothing in the rules against it.
Old 9 Mar 2006, 22:23 (Ref:1542003)   #3
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats brilliant! Finally a decent livery this year
Old 9 Mar 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1542007)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gotta say I like it, very differnt to everything else on the grid which can only be a good thing.
Old 9 Mar 2006, 23:26 (Ref:1542033)   #5
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It looks pretty good from the one shot. Enough with the blue already! I would've gone with the sun yellow from the bull forward though, to make it stand out more.
Tomorrow we get to see practice and I wonder how many of us will initially be confused trying to sort out all the white and red cars?
Old 10 Mar 2006, 00:53 (Ref:1542057)   #6
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am yet to decide if I like it;
the livery is designed to be seen from the side - not from the front. Which for tv is very foolish. The horns may /probably will look foolish from the front.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 01:35 (Ref:1542062)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Yuk, looks a mess in my opinion, just as we got rid of the stale & cumbersome Sauber livery, we are presented with another mess of colours...
Old 10 Mar 2006, 07:18 (Ref:1542064)   #8
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I don't see how people don't like it!!! It's freakin' awesome!
Old 10 Mar 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1542157)   #9
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah - it's pretty cool!
Old 10 Mar 2006, 10:04 (Ref:1542185)   #10
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was different and not too bad at first - however, looking at it from the side, it's an indistinguishable mess. Quite a nice idea, possibly - but very badly executed.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1543061)   #11
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I really liked this livery. I was told that it would be nice, but I did not think it would be that good.

It also seems that the car is as good as its livery. the V10 concession seems to work very positively for STR.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1543204)   #12
speedfreek
Rookie

United Kingdom
Reading
speedfreek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
like it,
But would like to see a fluressent green nosecone as i believe from the front the yellow of Red bull and gold of STR are too similar, but then again, ill probaly know how to distinguish them after ive seen the race.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1543544)   #13
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its as if the horns are sticking out the car, or is that their plan to scare people of the track? hmmm......

NICE LIVERY
Old 11 Mar 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1543546)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It just looks like a large red blob on a blue background...
Old 11 Mar 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1543553)   #15
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it is a nice livery . but i think the red is too dark ..

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Mar 2006, 12:55 (Ref:1543664)   #16
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its difficult to make out on television, not a very successful livery. but atleast it looks different from RBR.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1543668)   #17
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the livery in the press photos but it's a dismal failure on TV.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1543784)   #18
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like most say, it's nice when you can see it up close but it's a red blob on TV. But then again do Red Bull need TV exposure with the amount of PR they do themselves?
Old 11 Mar 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1543900)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hideous. Messy. Yuk.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1543921)   #20
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't like it........it looks too indistinct on the TV........maybe change the red colour of the bull.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1543928)   #21
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
needs to be more contrast in the reds (and more white highlights) for it to stand out on TV (hence why teams like Ferrari, McLaren and Renault all utilise bright colours)

Nice how the horns are placed either side of the rad opening though
Old 11 Mar 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1543948)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I say we're sticking with the past year liveries, because it felt strange with most of the cars, except for those who haven't changed much. In no time at all they will be pretty well settled in our TVs...
Old 11 Mar 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1543962)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've got used to the new liveries.

So much so that when I saw footage of last years Sauber at the start of the qualifying show I was momentarily confused! (what was that car?!?)

But the Toro Rosso is hard to adjust to. It looks like its been made in five minutes and thought up by a six year old.

Come back Minardi, all is forgiven.