Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 Mar 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1553925)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP Predictions championship?

I was just wondering if there will be a Moto GP predictions championship or not this year? I think normally by now there has been a thread created announcing the rule book and guidelines etc? The main reason I ask is because I havent seen Schummy about as much as he normally is and Im wondering if he is intending on creating another championship for this year or if someone else would be willing to give it a go if he is unavailble to do so?
Old 20 Mar 2006, 12:33 (Ref:1554190)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, now that you bring it up I think Schummy's had enough time to re-appear.

The answer is: You are all doomed as I will be running it until Schummy returns.

And yes, I was going to start the thread but forgot. See? You are all doomed!

So you know: Standard rules apply, Years Subscription on offer for the winner/highest non-mod. Countback system will be a tie breaker question at the start of the season.
Old 20 Mar 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1554206)   #3
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schummy is around . he isn't "missing" .. we had some of his interesting stats in the F1 section

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Mar 2006, 14:00 (Ref:1554262)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed Schummy has been around in the F1 forum but has been noticeably "missing" here on the bike forum of late which is what led me to ask whether or not there will be a championship this year or not. Great to see that there will be a championship this year and good to see that the standard rules apply. Thanks to Hazza for running this years championship, I'm sure you will do a great job!
Old 20 Mar 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1555223)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
RIGGED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I mean Hazza is a great Championship bossman , he has all the talent that is required to be one of the worlds elite thingamebobs and stuff and stuff.........

(now thats gotta get me a few extra points come round 1
Old 20 Mar 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1555288)   #6
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Points Round One

Marucs: 5
Dani : 3
Hazza : 3
Everyone Else 0.

I'll post a full thread sooner.

The only debate I had was whether it's "Not as fun" if you can predict after quali? Should Quali be our cut-off?
Old 20 Mar 2006, 23:34 (Ref:1555363)   #7
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think you mean

Marcus: 5
Dani : 5
Hazza : 3
Everyone Else 0.

i think , it's fair

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Mar 2006, 07:07 (Ref:1555480)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
hmmm the qualifyinbg debate is a good one though isnt it.

I guess last year it made it a little easier to predict outcomes once you have seen the grid , which kind of made it easy (to a degree)

either way Im not fussed if we go before or after qualifying
Old 21 Mar 2006, 08:26 (Ref:1555509)   #9
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
i would go for "before quali"

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Mar 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1555781)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Personally Im not bothered either way, the best players should still rise to the top at the end of the day.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1555841)   #11
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Hey! Some revolts are trying to hijack the MotoGP guess championship!

I'm empowered by Carmelo Ezpeleta himself to run this game

So, come on, give me some time to copy and paste rules and I'll open the thread!

(Anyway, last year I was always late! )
Old 21 Mar 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1556058)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
Hey! Some revolts are trying to hijack the MotoGP guess championship!

I'm empowered by Carmelo Ezpeleta himself to run this game

So, come on, give me some time to copy and paste rules and I'll open the thread!

(Anyway, last year I was always late! )
Given the choice between yourself and Hazza running the championship Schummy you would get my vote, I have nothing against Hazza but I say keep with tradition. The championship's we had last year run by Schummy were awesome. I too say keep the same formula as last year for posting predictions, I said before that I wasnt bothered either way, but ideally I would like to stick with last years format.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1556078)   #13
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Rule 7th: "The player SALEEN S7R will get one extra point every round"
Old 21 Mar 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1556106)   #14
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
as long as we keep the rule nr.8 . aka Dani Filth wins every round . i don't object for rule 7

i would say to trim it a little .. just to post the predictions before the Quali on saturday .. or at least before Warm-up sessions on Sunday ..

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Mar 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1556116)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Keep it the way it is I say, it's simpler and it gives people more time to post their predictions. I remember multiple times last year where our friends in Australia almost missed the deadline due to time zone differnces. Still, I will play either way. Perhaps we could have a poll on the issue though? Restrict it to 1 vote per member and set it so that it shows who voted for what.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1556873)   #16
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i'm going to play this year,, i was a bit spiratic last season,, but i'm commited.. just look at me "committed" *Serious look*
Old 22 Mar 2006, 02:15 (Ref:1556911)   #17
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Asha, when I look at you what I see is you upside down (and running like a tiger)

I prefer to keep the "even after the grid" deadline. I gives more time, as SALEEN says, and "before the grid" guesses looks a bit "lotterish" to me. I think it worked last year. I'm afraid if we change it some guesses go out of time.

As promised, my friends, I'll open the thread in minutes (trumpets supossedly sound now in 10-tenths sensurround system).