Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 25 Mar 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1560361)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmm...fresh - Jerez MotoGP Discussion

Two Ducati's and a Kwaka on the front row!

How cool is that?!?

And good effort from Dani Pedrosa in fifth as well.

Grid:
1: Capirossi Gibernau Nakano
2: Hayden Pedrosa Elias
3: Melandri De Puniet Rossi
4: Edwards Vermeulen Hopkins
5: Roberts Checa Stoner
6: Tamada Cardoso Ellison
7: Hoffman

250cc:

1: Lorenzo Takahashi Barbera Aoyama (S)
2: De Angelis West Aoyama(H) Simoncelli
3: Baldolini Locatelli Dovizioso Heidolf
4: Smrz Tizon Debon Davies

125cc:

1: Pasini Bautista Pesek Simon
2: Faubel Kallio Talmasci Gadea
3: Nieo Olive Di Meglio De Rosa
4: Corsi Rodriguez Koyama Iannone

Previous Winners
MotoGP: 05 Rossi 04 Sete 03 Rossi 02 Rossi 01 Rossi 00 KrJr
250cc: 05 Pedrosa 04 Rolfo 03 Elias 02 F. Nieto 01 Katoh 00 Waldmann
125cc: 05 Simoncelli 04 Simoncelli 03 Cecchinello 02 Cecchinello 01 Azuma 00 Alzamora

MotoGP.com Fact of the day:
This is the first time since 1993 that there hasn't been a Honda on the front row. Allthough if there were four to a row still that wouldn't be true.

Last edited by Hazza; 26 Mar 2006 at 00:55.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1560362)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, good to have the Ducati's at the front of the grid, although not entirely unexpected when you look back at their pre season testing form. Interesting to see the Yamaha's struggling so much, Rossi only mananging 9th! I dont fancy his chances for tommorow.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 14:29 (Ref:1560365)   #3
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oil late on the track ruined some of the key runners qual runs though with four minutes remaining.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1560377)   #4
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
Oil late on the track ruined some of the key runners qual runs though with four minutes remaining.
Whops was mis-informed. Take no notice of last post.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1560405)   #5
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I missed the first 10 minutes of it so didn't see all the commotion! But good effort for Ducati and well done Shinya! I'm being careful not to discount Rossi though...still reckon he will make the podium!
Old 25 Mar 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1560467)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BBC referred to the session as being fragmented, but I don't know exactly what happened, or whether the grid really is topsy-turvy as a result.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1560468)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it was fragmented in the sense that the session was stopped after four minutes and then ran non-stop for the final fifty-six minutes.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 22:00 (Ref:1560569)   #8
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
I don't think it affected the outcome, Capirossi was clearly the best! Hoping for a good race tomorrow!
Old 25 Mar 2006, 23:09 (Ref:1560633)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ducati procession by the looks of things, unless they get Rossi sorted out.

I personally want to see the Kawasaki of Nakano spring a shock!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 00:00 (Ref:1560669)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Ducati procession by the looks of things, unless they get Rossi sorted out.

I personally want to see the Kawasaki of Nakano spring a shock!
I remain skeptical, Bridgestone have their BS-Q tyres that they pull out for the occasions (Remember Kenny's performance in Brazil '04?) and the Duke cuts through it's tyres.
Also, in preseason testing Melandri was the fastest on "real" rubber.

Having said that it wouldn't be too much of a shock to see them do a 1-2, but I don't think it's likely.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 00:03 (Ref:1560672)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It can go either way....they can fall away dramatically like you say, but on the other hand they could perform like they did in Malaysia and Motegi last year and be very strong.

I think they'll be OK personally, but we will see.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 00:18 (Ref:1560680)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I think Gibernau will take the win tommorow, if not at least make the podium with Capirossi a outsider for the win but defintely a top 5 finisher. Providing the Bridgestones can last the distance I cant see anything realisticaly beating the Ducati's on pace today.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 07:44 (Ref:1561094)   #13
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
125 Pasini/Simon
250 Barbera/Lorenzo
MotoGP Rossi/Capirossi

Ducati usually goes well at Jerez, but i don't think BS will last, at least will not have a that big advantage.

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Mar 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1561342)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Capirex!!!!!!!!

And what a debut from Pedrosa......he's some boy, despite the fact his physique makes Loris Capirossi look physically massive!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1561345)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Today's race was a bit boring IMO, great performance by Capirossi and Pedrosa though, considering it was Pedrosa's first ever Moto GP race I think he performed exceptionally well and ran Capirossi hard up until the final few laps, a definite title contender if today's race is anything to go by.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 19:32 (Ref:1561522)   #16
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
SALEEN: Particularly if Little Toni (Elias) goes on crashing Rossi

Good race, although a bit devoid of emotions in the last laps. And Rossi has a handicap of points to start with. I think it was a requirement from Dorna to spice things a bit.

Where was Nakano? I hoped some good results for him.

One of the less happy men there is going to be Hayden. His rookie team mate has won over him clearly and he had to fight with supposedly unnexpexted opposition from Elias (although he was motivated in this home track). Only Melandri was worse among the title contenders, but at least Marco was not beaten by a rookie mate... errr... well, Elias is not a rookie.

Sete was good (in training at least) but he continues cursed...

Biaggi did not make anything this GP... ummm... sorry for this tasteless joke

An interesting game would be to follow who is going to crash more often: Sete, Checa or the notorious Randy de Puniet . Anyway I hope they do well, in fact I like all of them! (buuut... they are a bit McCrash!). The rider I would like to see crashing a bit (without any injuries, of course) is Valentino, so things would be interesting points wise. Ok, it is not fair play and sportsmanship...
Old 26 Mar 2006, 19:44 (Ref:1561532)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hayden and Pedrosa were on different bikes I'm led to believe.

However, Dani may well have beaten him anyways. It was certainly pretty comprehensive today.

Very very impressive debut.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1561545)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Exactly his debut was one of the most impressive in recent years, but Casey was good also I think considering he has hardly done any testing either, he was 4th for a bit!

As for Dani, he got past Hayden really quickly aswell, coz as usua; Nicky was a bit of a roadblock after a good start!

He apparently is ont eh chassis built last year at Brno, Dani is so much smoother, Hayden always has the bike sliding in wierd places, must knacker the tyres!

Think Loris had it all under control, he went for it with 4 laps to go after Dani got within a few tenths, though whether that was Dani wilting a bit or Loris lapping quicker...
Old 27 Mar 2006, 00:20 (Ref:1561759)   #19
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rookies certanly had the rides of the day.

It wont be long before motogp becomes the Stoner, Pedrosa, Elias show (era)
Old 27 Mar 2006, 04:30 (Ref:1561916)   #20
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
awesome effort by pedrosa , I thought for sure he was going to get Loris , but it didnt happen.

Loris gave it a squirt when he needed to and broke Dani's spirit I guess.

great effort by Stoner , his start was simply awesome.

a good way to start off the year I think , bring on Qatar
Old 27 Mar 2006, 08:29 (Ref:1562050)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I want to beat my video recorder. It's what I get for not watching it live...

Alas, the Gripe of the Mother would've been unbearable.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 08:38 (Ref:1562060)   #22
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
If I had to choose just three riders from Jerez, I think I'd choose Capirossi, Pedrosa and Lorenzo. They did well and left a mark for future races. Possibly I'd consider Angelis, Hayden and Bautista as the others who gave me a good impression (but Hayden need to be even better to match the high expectations he deserves). Pesek and Barbera close the "positive bag" in my mind.

That's just perfomance wise. If we enter rookie actuations or bad luck, then others can be nominated with fairness.

Disappointments? Melandri, Nakano (respecting grid position, but Kawa is this way), possibly Edwards (his race's pace was mediocre at best). I would not want to mention Poggy, who looks to have big problems with his career (he is a double champion, not less).

Special mention to poor Luthi, who won my Bad-Luck trophy.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 08:48 (Ref:1562072)   #23
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Good race today, what an impressive ride from Pedrosa! Good win for Capirossi but it would have been interesting to see where Rossi would have finished!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 13:20 (Ref:1562340)   #24
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And On a side note, in the 250s what did you guys think of Shuei's riderless bike trick and the poor sod in my avatar?

How did that bike get so high?
Old 27 Mar 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1562349)   #25
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
And On a side note, in the 250s what did you guys think of Shuei's riderless bike trick and the poor sod in my avatar?
I didn't see the 250/125 races but from what I can see, I think he's a very lucky rider!!!