Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Apr 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1574626)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Ide out after Imola?

Ide has just Imola to prove he has what it takes to remain in F1.http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35538
Old 9 Apr 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1574646)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe they could stick Davidson in the car...
Old 9 Apr 2006, 16:48 (Ref:1574647)   #3
Aguri_Poo_Suki
Rookie

Aguri_Poo_Suki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Ide has just Imola to prove he has what it takes to remain in F1.http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35538
I believe Ide will be out 'during' Imola around lap 15 after turning left at a right turn and driving into a hot dog stand
Old 9 Apr 2006, 16:49 (Ref:1574649)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Is Ide bringing money to the team?
Old 9 Apr 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1574652)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good luck Ide.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 17:03 (Ref:1574660)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguri_Poo_Suki
I believe Ide will be out 'during' Imola around lap 15 after turning left at a right turn and driving into a hot dog stand
He'll be in Italy,so probably he'll drive into a 'Pizza Hut'. *which reminds me*
Old 9 Apr 2006, 17:07 (Ref:1574664)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You hung round for two days waiting for this didn't you?

Hmmm....this is both surprising and, err, not surprising.

Whilst Ide has been emphatically useless and supremely inept, I expected Super Aguri to not put pressure on him for some reason.....

Oh well, hopefully he'll either perk up or be replaced by someone a bit more worthy.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1574712)   #8
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While you would have expected Super Aguri not to have put to much pressure on him he has been consistently slower by 1.5-3 seconds than Sato who really isn'tthe fastest driver in the world. Personally I have felt for the last few years that if any Japanese driver deserved a shot at F1 it is Motoyama, who has been right at the top of FNippon for several years now. While he may be no spring chicken, neither is Ide.
Who do we expect to replace Ide if he goes? Super Aguri obviously want 2 Japanese drivers in the race drives at the moment. Matsuura looks very unlikely due to his IRL comitment but Motoyama or Yamamoto could both be feasable.
I do have sympathy on Ide because the circuits have been new to him, but Rosberg isn't 1.5-3 seconds a lap slower than Webber even though Sepang & Albert Park were new to him. Ide will only stay if he can get to within 1.5 seconds of Sato. There really wouldn't be much excuse to be slower than this as the car is no longer that new to him-only the track. I do hope he does it though as it would be a bit cruel to dump him so soon.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 9 Apr 2006, 18:43 (Ref:1574724)   #9
goodhorsehymn
Racer

goodhorsehymn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least he's not costing them any points, like Sato was doing at BAR. Other than slowing the development down, he's hardly a wasted seat for them, especially as he's bringing in money.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1574730)   #10
Aguri_Poo_Suki
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
You hung round for two days waiting for this didn't you?

Hmmm....this is both surprising and, err, not surprising.

Whilst Ide has been emphatically useless and supremely inept, I expected Super Aguri to not put pressure on him for some reason.....

Oh well, hopefully he'll either perk up or be replaced by someone a bit more worthy.
Why have you got it in for me knowlesy?? there is no need to be jelouse of my extensive formula one knowledge (when I met Adrian Newey he said my brain was like a formula one encylopedia) I was just making a humorous quip about a driver who has really bitten off more than he can chew by joining formula one
Old 9 Apr 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1574734)   #11
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
Maybe they could stick Davidson in the car...

God; I hope not. Could he get one more place forward in this car? 16th place would be a miracle and do Davidsons chances at a GOOD race drive no good at all
Old 9 Apr 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1574738)   #12
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
when I met Adrian Newey he said my brain was like a formula one encylopedia
... what generally boring, quite thick, full of pointless information and does venture out very often.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1574745)   #13
Aguri_Poo_Suki
Rookie

there is no need to speak about adrian like that! he is a very interesting person who does go out alot ie - travelling the world and he is not thick he designs F1 CARS MAN!!
Old 9 Apr 2006, 19:07 (Ref:1574748)   #14
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure Adrian is very interesting ... Oh dear!
Old 9 Apr 2006, 19:07 (Ref:1574749)   #15
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Does he grow Rubber Plants though?
Old 9 Apr 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1574754)   #16
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Why have you got it in for me knowlesy?? there is no need to be jelouse of my extensive formula one knowledge (when I met Adrian Newey he said my brain was like a formula one encylopedia) I was just making a humorous quip about a driver who has really bitten off more than he can chew by joining formula one
I don't think he'll have much against your knowledge. The boasting and attitude I've seen so far from you wouldn't score very highly at all in any of my good books, though.

As for Ide, it's very early days yet, he obviously needs time to improve. However, I guess there are limits as to what a team can put up with, and I've seen nothing particularly convincing of him this year at all. Upon what basis did they sign him in the first place - money and nationality, or previous racing experience and skills...?
Old 9 Apr 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1574759)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nationality seems to be the key, for integration and patriotic reasons I guess.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1574760)   #18
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Just wondering if Aguri Poo is Ide in disguise. Hugh; he dont grow Rubber Plants, thats strange. If he talks like he drives...
Old 9 Apr 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1574946)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How many F1 races clash with IRL this year? Matsuura could do the non-clashing races, and either Ide or Davidson the others, at least until the newer car is ready.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 22:09 (Ref:1574970)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I doubt that Davidson would want to drive the current car Boot's, also I can't see Honda allowing this to happen..What I can see though is Anthony going there next year if he does not take Ruben's race seat at Honda.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 04:00 (Ref:1575166)   #21
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i tend to think that Ide only had until imola right from the start of the season - ie when the new car was originally intended to be introduced. so, even though the new car isn't going to be here for a while its not surprising that he's had his 'time in the sun' as they say... although to his credit he hasn't binned the thing, so whether he's 20s rather than 18s a lap slower than everyone else surely doesn't matter much...
Old 10 Apr 2006, 04:53 (Ref:1575175)   #22
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer
i tend to think that Ide only had until imola right from the start of the season - ie when the new car was originally intended to be introduced. so, even though the new car isn't going to be here for a while its not surprising that he's had his 'time in the sun' as they say... although to his credit he hasn't binned the thing, so whether he's 20s rather than 18s a lap slower than everyone else surely doesn't matter much...
Ide is very lucky, particularly on Saturday of the Australian Grand Prix, that he didn't put the car in the wall, with the number of spins he had.

I'm a little bemused, though. Stepping up to Formula One from Japanese F3 (I think that's what he was doing last year) is a very big step to make as a rookie, and I don't even know he's tested a Formula One car before this season. Super Aguri were paying peanuts (if they were paying Ide at all) and getting monkeys in return.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 05:46 (Ref:1575188)   #23
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
you're right there dixie. the way the team was put together, i think Super Aguri just plonked him in there because he was standing close by and had a helmet - "hey you over there, come and have a holiday driving this 'trolley with bodykit' around for a bit whilst we build our proper car and find a proper race driver" or some such...

i doubt SA would have wanted to waste too much money before they're running their show properly, but would've wanted Sato from the start so he's fully integrated and ready to go when the new machine comes on board (and also so he would't go elsewhere)?
Old 10 Apr 2006, 06:34 (Ref:1575207)   #24
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't Ide have some Formula Nippon experience or something...? As well as the Japanese F3...?
Old 10 Apr 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1575280)   #25
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And he had a Superlicence
You need to have a pedigree in a feeder plus F1 testing to get it
I am sure they also thought that he could contribute to the development of the car