Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Apr 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1587963)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshals Wanted - Snet 2cv 24 hours - April 29,30 & May 1st

As we are soon approaching another Bank Holiday weekend, if you are looking for a good excuse to escape the DIY stores and the wife's list of decorating / gardening jobs and fancy escaping to a wonderful piece of Norfolk countryside then we have just the answer.

The 24hr 2CV meeting on Sat 29th April, Sun 30th April and Mon 1st May is just what you're looking for.

A fantastic fun filled weekend, which will be held in a festival atmosphere, providing all the thrills of real 24hour competitive racing combined with real teamwork from the competitors and the marshalling crews. Come and be part of the history of the last 24hour event to be held on the current Snett track layout.

If you can assist for the weekend, or even just a part of it, please contact BARC marshals secretary,Sara,e-mail; swernham@barc.net. You'll be more than welcome.

More event details are available via www.barc.net/timetables/hq0608-02.htm and via http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/2006/yea...-24hr-race.htm

Last edited by Terry Scannell; 18 Apr 2006 at 20:54.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1588663)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Event details now added to 'marshals needed' calendar sub forum.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1588669)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Ahhh I just did that as well!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1588678)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
LOL. That didn't take as long to happen as I expected!
Old 19 Apr 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1588681)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well you have to remember that I'm still learning these new fangled things
Old 19 Apr 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1589091)   #6
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Never mind Chris & Stephen - double the publicity is truely welcome and appreciated for this superb event.

Many thanks for your help with this.
Terry
Old 20 Apr 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1589442)   #7
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The meeting is Saturday through until Monday so perhaps one of you kind gents could include the Monday on the calendar as well (now now, don't fight over it this time
Old 20 Apr 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1589450)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I have deleted my entry and I think Woolleys shows all three days?
Old 20 Apr 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1589762)   #9
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
DaveW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those who aren't sure about either endurance racing or 2CV's this, as Terry said, is a great event. For those who are old enough to remember it has a similar spirit to the early days of the Willhire - no BTCC-type politics going on here!
Old 20 Apr 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1589887)   #10
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
And even if you're not old enough to remember the old Willhire, it's stilll a fantastic event. I'm afraid I've had to send my apologies this year, but that's not from lack of trying to be able to make the event.
The atmosphere is fantastic, and the racing unique, so if you've got a free weekend, this is the event to go to.
Old 21 Apr 2006, 00:28 (Ref:1590350)   #11
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any of you know what time the circuit shuts, or the office? I want to go to most of it, but I'll be at Brands on Sunday. Ideally I'd like to leave Brands when it finishes, go straight to Snet, sign on and start shooting... hopefully only missing a bit of the race.
Old 21 Apr 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1591074)   #12
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Mike, the only restriction is that requested by the Planning Requirements which states that there will be no vehicular access between 10pm Sunday 30th April and 8am Monday 1st May. Not sure about signing on, but I'm sure that would be possible.

So just make sure that you're there before 10pm so you can capture those special night time pics!!!

Hope to see you at some time during the 24hrs.

Terry

Last edited by Terry Scannell; 21 Apr 2006 at 18:14.
Old 22 Apr 2006, 00:10 (Ref:1591373)   #13
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, looks like I'll be there... sometime, it's about 2 hours from Brands apparently, so if I leave promptly I should be there with plenty of time to spare. Will miss the start (obviously...), but will be there for dusk/night/dawn/Monday shots.
Old 24 Apr 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1593779)   #14
JonJ
Rookie

England
Uttoxeter, Staffs
JonJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what the numbers are like for marshals this weekend? I could do with giving my apologies for the Sat, but don't want to leave them short handed if they are already low on marshals. Do people think it might be possible to miss all the racing on sat, but turn up for the 2cv Quali sat evening?

Cheers

Jon
Old 24 Apr 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1593922)   #15
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jon I'm not sure who the chief Marshal is this year as I think Pete is elsewhere for the meeting? I think I'd be right in saying though that the meeting will be low on marshals because of the need to run a shift system.

Having said that, you would be welcomed with open arms whenever you can get there, whether it's just the evening quali or not. You might make the world of difference to someone who's been stuck on their own for a couple of hours.

Contact Sara Wernham at BARC (swernham@barc.net) or give her a ring, she should be able to put you in touch with the chief marshal if you wanted to have a chat with them.

(you also get to play with the funky lights if you turn up for the night session!!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1593985)   #16
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Chief Marshal is Mike Whitney. Incidently he is also the Chief Marshal for other BARC meetings at Snetterton. As for the numbers I guess they could be described as adequate but no danger of turning anyone away!

Jon, as Piglet said your presence might make a world of difference to someone else, either as company or to give them a break.
Old 24 Apr 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1594033)   #17
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Yes, as Dave has said any extra assistance, even if just for a part of the event would really be appreciated by all of us involved.

Please don't forget that apart from the normal racing with Caterhams & MG's etc on the Saturday and Sunday and the 2cv Night practice Sat night and the actual 24hr race running from Sunday afternoon through to Monday afternoon, there will be plenty of off-track attractions with the PistonFest being held over the weekend.

This will mean lots of superbly prepared and customised cars on display and plenty of opportunities to investigate what makes them both look and go so well. See www.pistonfest.com for details.

Also Katrina Sparrow, who will be racing in the all girl 2cv Team, has another offer for the more mechanically minded of you;

"Hi, here's your chance to see how a 2cv race car goes together! We are Team Simply the Breast and have been given the challenge to build a 2cv race car at snetterton Stingray 24hour,with donations being given to our charity (BREAST CANCER CARE). The car will be supplied by Stingray and our job is to get as many mechanical people putting it together as we possibly can! so if you think you can help, or just want to come have a look see how it's all done please feel free. The car will be under construction in a gazebo next to the ECAS trade stand at Snetterton from the Thursday you can contact me direct if you need to know anything more on www.kat@ptsdevelopments.com
thanks Katrina
ps check out our donations page www.justgiving.com/simplythebreast "

Last edited by Terry Scannell; 24 Apr 2006 at 19:43.
Old 1 May 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1599031)   #18
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Having just arrived home after a superb weekends racing and in dire need of catching up on some zzz's please click on the following link for race info.

http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/2006/yea...ace-report.htm

More news tomorrow!

Terry
Old 2 May 2006, 07:38 (Ref:1599155)   #19
Piglet
Veteran

Blimey, it was wet, cold and very windy but the racing and the teams were fantastic. Well done to the 2CV club on yet another great event. Could someone just remember to turn the sun on for longer next time
Old 2 May 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1599200)   #20
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks to all those out on post - 'twas a fantastic event
Old 2 May 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1599204)   #21
Englishman
Rookie

England
Englishman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've survived the 24 hours!!! (my first)

Despite the driving rain, especially during the 0200 - 0600 shift, I really enjoyed myself and am already looking forward to next year.

Many thanks to all the regulars for the help and advice, to Mike for his sterling efforts in organising "The Mob", and to the draw for my lovely new jacket

Also congrats to the teams for some great, well behaved racing.

Hope to see you all again next year.
Old 2 May 2006, 10:12 (Ref:1599253)   #22
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Well done team

From one who managed to stay (mostly) dry, a thoroughly enjoyable weekend and a great effort from everyone on the bank (and I include pits/startline in that.......good selection of sweets, Paul). Doubly so during the filthy weather Sunday night/Monday morning - at least it finished in the dry and sunshine! Thanks also to all rescue/medical personnel, breakdowns and circuit staff. Overall I think it can be described as a team effort.

And to the 2CV teams and competitors, apart from some great racing, your cooperation in resolving problems with cars was greatly appreciated. The reliability is quite remarkable now, with only one competitor not managing to make it across the line with 5 minutes of the finish and, therefore, not being classified.

Lets hope we can see everyone back next year. To the newcomers - spread the word, and to those who think we must all be mad - yes, but come and join us.
Old 2 May 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1599338)   #23
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great weekend all round. Definately be there next year. Seems like everyone enjoyed themselves and all the 2cvs teams are just a bunch of great guys and girls. Entertaining on and off the the track. A meeting not to be missed. Tho I left just before 8 last night, it was great fun in the bar and everyone was enjoying themselves. Also brilliant job on the charity money raised.

Although it does appear Terry did leave his magnet in his caravan for the 24 hr, much to everyones relief. Mind you, I must confess to my fair share of calls to race control over the weekend, but fortunately they all just minor "hiccups" were drivers then continued on their way.

Great weekend and well done and thanks to all concerned. Now sure i shall be catching up on the sleep this afternoon (tho I am missing that gentle drone of a field of 2cv's charging round!)
Old 2 May 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1599476)   #24
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snetmarshal
be catching up on the sleep this afternoon (tho I am missing that gentle drone of a field of 2cv's charging round!)
The sound of the cars is soooo theraputic, I slept really well on the campsite even though it was freezing cold!

Some of Happy Snapper's pictures are here for anyone who is interested....http://www.gtphotosport.com/2cv2006/index.html
Old 2 May 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1599506)   #25
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Gutted I couldn't make it this year, but I'll make up for it next year

Glad everyone enjoyed it though, and well done to everyone involved in all the roles - how was it with having Pistonfest there as well?