Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1597750)   #1
DeoValente
Racer

DeoValente has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Montezemolo: Rossi first, no talks with Kimi (THREAD REOPENED)

As i said a couple of times came true today; Montezemolo stated that no contact has been made with Kimi and that Ferrari will talk with Rossi first in the next few weeks for a contract in 2007 alongside Shumi.

Nice end to all the Kimi speculation and it would be nice if the mods reinstate my original thread title KIMI IS NOT GOING TO FERRARI!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/4958674.stm
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1597756)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So Luca saying this is final confirmation is it?

Rossi hasn't signed for Ferrari yet, I assume. And, IMO, he will remain in MotoGP for the foreseeable future.

We'll only know Kimi's situation when an official announcement is made. I reckon he has signed for Ferrari, but we don't know do we?

Therefore, we can't possibly know the other way.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 29 Apr 2006 at 21:14.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1597757)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoValente
As i said a couple of times came true today; Montezemolo stated that no contact has been made with Kimi and that Ferrari will talk with Rossi first in the next few weeks for a contract in 2007 alongside Shumi.

Nice end to all the Kimi speculation and it would be nice if the mods reinstate my original thread title KIMI IS NOT GOING TO FERRARI!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/4958674.stm
How about the fat lady then?
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:32 (Ref:1597777)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well i still think Kimi will end up at Ferrari... we will just wait for an announcement i guess.. rest all is speculation
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:36 (Ref:1597780)   #5
DeoValente
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
So Luca saying this is final confirmation is it?

Rossi hasn't signed for Ferrari yet, I assume. And, IMO, he will remain in MotoGP for the foreseeable future.

We'll only know Kimi's situation when an official announcement is made. I reckon he has signed for Ferrari, but we don't know do we?

Therefore, we can't possibly know the other way.

From what info do you conclude Kimi has signed? All there was seems hollow guesses by some media. And everybody loves to ignore Rossi, who has done a lot of testing just for fun and Ferrari made no bones about wanting Shumi to resign for another few years.

I think lots of people have been staring blind to the prospect of Kimi joining Ferrari. Last year most where convinced it was gonna be a Kimi- Lonso combo at Mclaren so their swing is a bit strange, but understandable.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1597784)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, he's NOT saying anything about not hiring Kimi and Rossi first.

I guess you've a desire to make the news, but what it's that link it's the same thing we've been reading since the season started.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1597788)   #7
DeoValente
Racer

"We will talk to Rossi in the coming weeks to make a decision. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>With Raikkonen, there is absolutely nothing other than the fact that we believe he is one of the best three (drivers) at the moment.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,"

I think you've been misreading it Bononi, so il paste it again...Montezemolo makes it very clear NOTHING(read: no contract negotiations, no 5 mill$ agreements, not even a cup of tea) has been done to make a move for Kimis services. Aside from him saying Shumi is pondering their wish to stay for 2 more years i dont know how you can distill they still might go for Kimi. You must agree all the media hype with Kimis link to Ferrari was very premature.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1597789)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Well i still think Kimi will end up at Ferrari... we will just wait for an announcement i guess.. rest all is speculation
Yeah... but some people think that Montezemolo would speak out and loud all Ferrari moves before anything certain.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1597790)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
From what info do you conclude Kimi has signed?
I haven't concluded anything Deo!

Quote:
I think lots of people have been staring blind to the prospect of Kimi joining Ferrari.
So are you 'staring blind' to the opposite then?

Quote:
Last year most where convinced it was gonna be a Kimi- Lonso combo at Mclaren so their swing is a bit strange, but understandable.
No, the rumours of Kimi joining Ferrari have been strong since the end of 2004 and picked up serious momentum early 2005, which has been sustained.

Nobody has been 100% convinced of Kimi partnering Alonso, just as nobody is 100% sure Kimi is a Ferrari man for 2007. We do not know for sure, hence rumours!
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:47 (Ref:1597791)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
"We will talk to Rossi in the coming weeks to make a decision. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>With Raikkonen, there is absolutely nothing other than the fact that we believe he is one of the best three (drivers) at the moment.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,"

I think you've been misreading it Bononi, so il paste it again...Montezemolo makes it very clear NOTHING(read: no contract negotiations, no 5 mill$ agreements, not even a cup of tea) has been done to make a move for Kimis services. Aside from him saying Shumi is pondering their wish to stay for 2 more years i dont know how you can distill they still might go for Kimi. You must agree all the media hype with Kimis link to Ferrari was very premature.
DeoValene, you are a believer. Tell me, do you really believe that he would say the plain truth before anything really dealed ????

How many years do you follow F1 ?
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:57 (Ref:1597797)   #11
DeoValente
Racer

I been following F1 long enough to know Montezemolos word is pretty straightforward. But simple logic was the main consideration really. What would Ferrari do with Shumi, Rossi and Kimi? rotate on a 2 race bases? He states that Shumi is wanted for 2 more years, Rossi is scheduled for definite talks in a few weeks, and only then there would be some space for talk about another driver in the not likely event Rossi is not gonna sign for 2007.

As head of the FIAT group he makes a very clear message that Kimi is NOT on the cards. Absolutly nothing he said. Those are pretty firm wordings.
If i was Dennis and Haug, id be happy though.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:59 (Ref:1597799)   #12
DeoValente
Racer

O, and do me a favor and remove the ??? from the thread title. Very childish.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1597801)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I seem to remember Williams denying Juan Pablo moving to McLaren during 2003........hmm, how did that one turn out again?

It's common policy to deny anything and everything in the sporting world.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1597803)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I seem to remember Williams denying Juan Pablo moving to McLaren during 2003........hmm, how did that one turn out again?

True and Ferrari especially are known for this. They never have been a team to announce things a year or months in advance
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1597804)   #15
DeoValente
Racer

Quote:
I haven't concluded anything Deo!

No, the rumours of Kimi joining Ferrari have been strong since the end of 2004 and picked up serious momentum early 2005, which has been sustained.

. We do not know for sure, hence rumours!

From what reliable source have those rumours gotten serious momentum? The Sun? Daily Mirror?

We know for sure how Ferrari is looking at those rumours with this statement of Montezemolo. Its for sure they have absolutly nothing of truth in them. No talks, no future, no driver problem. They're planning to bring Rossi in and like i said, its only logic that prevails over romantic dreaming Kimi would end up at Ferrari. It hilarious that even Bononi is still misguided and changes MY thread title.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1597807)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:

From what reliable source have those rumours gotten serious momentum? The Sun? Daily Mirror?

We know for sure how Ferrari is looking at those rumours with this statement of Montezemolo. Its for sure they have absolutly nothing of truth in them. No talks, no future, no driver problem. They're planning to bring Rossi in and like i said, its only logic that prevails over romantic dreaming Kimi would end up at Ferrari. It hilarious that even Bononi is still misguided and changes MY thread title.
and from what reliable source have you gotten that Kimi is not going to Ferrari? has de Montezemlo categorically said we will not sign Kimi? he said Kimi is one of the top 3 drivers in f1! did he say he is one of the top 3 drivers BUT we are not going to sign him?
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:09 (Ref:1597808)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
I been following F1 long enough to know Montezemolos word is pretty straightforward.
Like any other business man.

Quote:
But simple logic was the main consideration really.
What would Ferrari do with Shumi, Rossi and Kimi? rotate on a 2 race bases?
Who said they HAVE hire both of them ? Man, it's just rumours.

But your last phrase would give some ideas...

Quote:
He states that Shumi is wanted for 2 more years,
He says that it's TGF's DECISION, not Ferrari's.

Quote:
Rossi is scheduled for definite talks in a few weeks, and only then there would be some space for talk about another driver in the not likely event Rossi is not gonna sign for 2007.
They will make a decision : yes or NO. They already know that Rossi is ready for racing in a competitive way, so...

Quote:
As head of the FIAT group he makes a very clear message that Kimi is NOT on the cards. Absolutly nothing he said. Those are pretty firm wordings.
If i was Dennis and Haug, id be happy though.
I don't know about being head of a group of carmakers would make any difference in what he's saying...

But it seems you know Signor Montezomolo very well, specially about firm words, so... must we believe in you ????
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1597809)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:

Bononi isn't being "misguided" at all. Your thread title stated your rumour as supposed fact. The basic thread remains the same, so what is the problem? You need to learn to differentitate between the two my friend.

The rumours have been floating around the paddock and there are a few paddock insiders on the forum who have picked up on the vibes.

It doesn't mean the Ferrari deal has happened however!
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1597810)   #19
DeoValente
Racer

Quote:

Williams never wanted JPM to leave! He did that himself after that race in France where he thought the pitwall was against him and refused to fight it out on the track! Dennis took a look at the calendar if it wasnt xmass and duly signed JPM. And it was made worldwide news right after that.

With regards to other signings..Rubens and Irvine's contracts where made public wide in time.

Montezemolo was ridiculed for saying each year Ferrari would be fighting for the championships in the mid 90s and toned his message a lot more down to teh point he refused to make predictions and aims. I think he has been pretty reliable. If not, come forth with some facts please.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1597813)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
With regards to other signings..Rubens and Irvine's contracts where made public wide in time.
Yes but not at this time in the season.... it was more toward the tail end of the season.... so i dont know why people expect Ferrari will change their policy for this one....
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1597814)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I believe JPM was signed soon after the French GP of 2003. JPM informed Williams of the decision immediately. McLaren officially announced it in December.

Nobody has any solid facts here Deo, it is a rumour and is all conjecture. On your side and everybody else's side.

There are no facts available because nobody has announced anything concrete!
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:17 (Ref:1597816)   #22
DeoValente
Racer

Quote:
Bononi isn't being "misguided" at all. Your thread title stated your rumour as supposed fact. The basic thread remains the same, so what is the problem? You need to learn to differentitate between the two my friend.

The rumours have been floating around the paddock and there are a few paddock insiders on the forum who have picked up on the vibes.

It doesn't mean the Ferrari deal has happened however!

I dunno, should the Pope declare that Ferrari has absolutly nothing with Kimi other than admiration and then would you agree it is a fact and that all the rumours regarding Kimi suposedly going to the red team, was founded on hot air? Im pretty good at differentials. I doubt you and Bononi are The big man from Ferrari says there is nothing and it still doesnt go through your heads it seems.

But hey if you agree the thread title should be like this, fine. Well see in a few weeks how silly it looks.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1597821)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quite possibly.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1597822)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Flame bait, people.

Thread closed.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 21:57 (Ref:1717313)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It's hard to go against the F1 forum community...

[THREAD RE-OPENED]

Quote:

I dunno, should the Pope declare that Ferrari has absolutly nothing with Kimi other than admiration and then would you agree it is a fact and that all the rumours regarding Kimi suposedly going to the red team, was founded on hot air? Im pretty good at differentials. I doubt you and Bononi are The big man from Ferrari says there is nothing and it still doesnt go through your heads it seems.

But hey if you agree the thread title should be like this, fine. Well see in a few weeks how silly it looks.
Well, a few weeks has gone and now we know how silly you look.

I guess this guy owes each one here a beer, as he wanted to bet some in another thread.... (i'll stick with some fruit juice )