Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 May 2006, 03:38 (Ref:1598485)   #1
daniel1985
Rookie

daniel1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 5 - European GP

I will kick things off by saying I have a feeling Mclaren and in particular Raikkonen will be stong this weekend and will take the win.

Ferrari may struggle here as Michelin is tipped to suit this circuit.

A fight between the Mclarens and Alonso would make an entertaining race.
Kimi was robbed here last year so i would like to see him make up for it this year.
Old 1 May 2006, 03:47 (Ref:1598488)   #2
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Kimi was not robbed. It was the result of his mistake combined with the decision not to pit.
Old 1 May 2006, 09:11 (Ref:1598599)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Agreed with Dutton, although i will say he was robbed in 2004 when his engine went whilst leading comfortably.
Old 1 May 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1598617)   #4
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too agree with both of you, but I'm afraid if we start like that we'll make this one more thread about whether it was McLaren's fault or the FIA's rules' fault

I guess I expect McLaren to do well here too though.... Typically they're good here..... So let's hope
Old 1 May 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1598653)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, should Kimi have pitted?

I think this weekend is set to be dominated by Renault, with McLaren trailing home behind.
Old 1 May 2006, 11:04 (Ref:1598666)   #6
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
My hot tip is Montoya taking the win from Alonso and Webber
Old 1 May 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1598680)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Williams for the surprise win! I'll keep saying this before every race until it happens...

I fully expect Ferrari to be behind Renault & McLaren this time.
Old 2 May 2006, 02:38 (Ref:1599101)   #8
daniel1985
Rookie

daniel1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Variable conditions might throw things out a bit.
There is rain predicted. If it rains look out for schumacher, rubens, webber and maybe heidfeld to suprise. All of these guys will like the wet conditions at the ring
Old 2 May 2006, 03:12 (Ref:1599106)   #9
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Williams for the surprise win! I'll keep saying this before every race until it happens...

I fully expect Ferrari to be behind Renault & McLaren this time.
Williams comment I am with you on that one!
Agree the usual top 2
BMW will be putting in a special effort, lauching their "Pit experiance" thing I am sure they will have the best of every thing, and they will run light in Qual.
Are they on new motors? is so I wouldn't be surprised to see a motor that is only designed to last one race...
Old 2 May 2006, 08:08 (Ref:1599172)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Raikkonen will be using a new or uprated Merc engine this weekend which I suspect will propel him at the front of the grid but then break during the race...

Montoya is on the second race of his older spec engine and if it keeps together, I reckon he may be looking at his first win of the season.

Suspect Schuey will also be there or thereabouts if the weather is cooler.
Old 2 May 2006, 09:09 (Ref:1599218)   #11
goodhorsehymn
Racer

goodhorsehymn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're all very optimistic! I think Alonso will win hands down.
Old 2 May 2006, 12:48 (Ref:1599339)   #12
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If Mclaren change their approach to race strategie they will win...

That's why I'm gonna say Alonso's gonna win. If Fisi's got one of his rare good weekends he'll be up there as well. Kimi and JPM will finish in the top 5 if their cars don't brake down.
Old 2 May 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1599445)   #13
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Raikkonen will be using a new or uprated Merc engine this weekend which I suspect will propel him at the front of the grid but then break during the race...
/\ /\ /\

Selby
Old 2 May 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1599461)   #14
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift
BMW will be putting in a special effort, lauching their "Pit experiance" thing I am sure they will have the best of every thing, and they will run light in Qual.
Are they on new motors? is so I wouldn't be surprised to see a motor that is only designed to last one race...
Both NH and JV will have new engines (each of their last ones having made it through two GP races) and everyone knows that Germans don't cheat given that it is not allowed.

Insofar as engines are concerned, I point out that Williams have yet to have a single engine going through two GP race weekends (some of their previous DNFs were not caused by the engine but, still, not a single power unit has seen the chequered flag at the end of a race twice). While they both had a new engine at Imola, I read that their intention was to take the 10 place grid penalty and change both engines for the upcoming weekend.

The two race rule for engines does indeed make it a strategical consideration as it may be better in term of gathering championship point to force the engine one race out of two in order to get points. This is another ludicrous rule from the FIA casting doubts as to the merits of the respective achievements on a particular race. It allows someone like me to suggest that Williams might not have scored a single championship point if they had limited the revs of their engines in order to have them last two GPs as they are supposed to. One is indeed better off blowing his engine than completing the race when he is out of the points.

My recollection is also that there were several DNFs in the past for Mclaren in races held in Germany.

In other words, I see Renault at the top of the pack with Honda, Mclarens & Ferrari fighting behind. Hopefully, BMW will grab a couple of points (because of my bet with N01Special and my bias for JV).

Last edited by Louis B.; 2 May 2006 at 16:41.
Old 2 May 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1599507)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I tip Alonso to win and Ide to tip Albers or Sato or somebody.I hope it rains,is this the weather thread?
Old 2 May 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1599634)   #16
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mc Laren have disappointed me so far. i have expected better races in the past 4. I hope that they will make up for it in Nurburgring.
Old 2 May 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1599636)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure they will, a double podium is on the cards for me.

However, they will trail the master, Alonso.
Old 2 May 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1599727)   #18
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lol Ide to take out Sato? I certainly wouldn't back against it...

A Mclaren will win for Mercedes at home turf. It's going to happen.
Old 3 May 2006, 00:14 (Ref:1599769)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Much rain will cause Renault and Mclaren to get it all wrong to disasterous proportions, and Ferrari will get a 1-2 followed by one Williams and Jenson.
Old 3 May 2006, 00:14 (Ref:1599770)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tip, Martin ?