Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Jun 2006, 02:10 (Ref:1628935)   #1
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pescarolo reliability?

I don't know if the question's been adressed already, but what have been the known problems for Pescarolo this year? Did they test a lot (mileage)? They haven't changed much, but the body's tighter on the chassis, the aero's been sorted a bit more and the rad intakes are a bit bigger to avoid overheating. Most importantly, they use the new S2 variation of their Judd engine and have switched to a longitudinal gearcluster for their X-Trac 'box that's using the same proven parts as last year, except for some gearchange return springs that I hope they've changed...

The question is: What will the Judd have in store come 3000km+? Have they tested an S2 this far, in one long run? Has the gearbox been flawless? Can it be repaired under 10 minutes? Are there still uncontrolled gremlins that come up from time to time with this car?

If they have confidence in their reliability, why make one of their cars slower in the race? They should both go all out and give Audi's new car a real test... Hoping for a French victory, but I think some german failures could be needed....
Old 7 Jun 2006, 06:23 (Ref:1628993)   #2
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know the Pescarolo that won Istanbul and Spa did so with the same drivetrain, so it has at least run 10 hours in race condition and it did so flawlessly. It has ran well over 24 hours in my presence (Paul Ricard, Istanbul, Spa and Le Mans) and neither car has missed a beat.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 07:04 (Ref:1629003)   #3
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think no team is able to repair the gearbox under 10min because the must not change the complete gearbox anymore
Old 7 Jun 2006, 07:41 (Ref:1629035)   #4
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
I think no team is able to repair the gearbox under 10min because the must not change the complete gearbox anymore
Maybe if they develop a "cassette" solution to replace the inter parts of the gearbox without the casing See http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?p=847269
Old 7 Jun 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1629037)   #5
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think we can say it's the most likely car not to have problems after the Audi

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Jun 2006, 07:54 (Ref:1629039)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Pescarolo does now appear to be a thoroughly sorted package, there are no signs of any weaknesses. If Audi win at Le Mans this year, I honestly believe that it'll come down to little more than fuel economy. Any hiccups at all and the Pesca's will be there to pick up the pieces. It's going to be one hell of a battle!!!
Old 7 Jun 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1629246)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I honestly feel that it is Pescarolo's year . I reckon the Audi's will be playing catch up come Sunday afternoon .
Old 12 Jun 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1632994)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Moi aussi - those Audi engines will play up........