Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Jun 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1640491)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRSCC Snett 24th June

Superb meeting - plenty of good close competitive racing combined with generally lots of sun during the afternoon and an early finish!

Well done to all the BRSCC-EA team for keeping everything on track timewise, even with the various stoppages etc during the day. Peter, sorry about the need for the new filing cabinet!

Also many thanks to our brilliant crew,Colin, Leslie, Paul, Alan, Mark, Avil, Jerry & Kevin, for an entertaining day with plenty of laughs and for doing an excellent job with the various incidents etc. Hope to see most of you tomorrow for the BARC meeting.

Terry
Old 26 Jun 2006, 17:46 (Ref:1641835)   #2
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Terry,
Pleased to hear your magnet is back in operation, after recent lapses, because I'm coming back to see you and the guys this weekend, for the HSCC.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1641911)   #3
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Nick,
Luckily this time the magnet wasn't that effective at Russell, only a few minor spins and the like, but enough to keep us relatively busy.

Good to hear that you can make it for the HSCC, think most of our crew will be camping and the weather forecast looks promising so should be a cracking weekend. You're more than welcome to join the crew if you wish and overall numbers permit. (could be Senna Saturday and Riches on Sunday if I've done the mathematics correctly but don't tell anyone!!!)

Magnet is going to be left at home and pork pies banned - these cars are just too good for anything bad to happen to them!

See you Saturday,
Terry
Old 26 Jun 2006, 23:13 (Ref:1642164)   #4
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was a good days racing, as was Sunday. I'll have some photos on my site soon if anyone is interested, here's a few of marshals from sunday, and the FRenault crash at Riches.
Attached Thumbnails
snet_marshals_25_06_06_01.jpg   snet_marshals_25_06_06_02.jpg   snet_marshals_25_06_06_03.jpg  

frenault_crash_01.jpg  
Old 27 Jun 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1642866)   #5
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Mike,

Great pictures as usual, however have noticed that recently you seem to be where incidents happen, especially when connected with Riches, perhaps the myth about the magnet is about to be revealed- it must actually be with you.

I must admit I was starting to get a bit nervous when you were taking pics on Russell on Saturday - I was already running out of report forms before you arrived! Are you planning to be at the HSCC this weekend??!!

Must admit I wish all cars had the means of displaying its race number so clearly during an incident as the Renault managed to do!

Well done to everyone on Riches and on the Rescue Unit etc on dealing so professionally with this incident.

Terry
Old 28 Jun 2006, 00:15 (Ref:1643069)   #6
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I'll be there this weekend, on Sunday anyway.

I should say aswell, I was very impressed with the way the big crash was handled, the marshals did a good job of keeping the driver calm while he was trapped upside down in the car, and it was all handled very professionally.
Old 28 Jun 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1643283)   #7
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
DaveW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And can I add my personal thanks to everyone for their efforts on Saturday. Its amazing that only four championships can cause so much grief in terms of red flags and aborted starts.
Old 28 Jun 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1643636)   #8
GT3
Racer

United Kingdom
King's Lynn, Norfolk
GT3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not Me ....... Honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
....... and the FRenault crash at Riches.

You can't blame me for this one !

Steve :beer
Old 29 Jun 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1644395)   #9
johnosnetmarsh
Rookie

England
essex
johnosnetmarsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on paper it looked a bit naff weekend but after pushing upteen cars off the grid on sat and all that great racing who said senna straght could be boring, thanks to chris robinson for the drink on sat night from the jedis who had a spin and done his car after a hand full of laps.Hope he got it fixed for his charity do this weekend and the big one on sunday at riches i was amazed the driver walked away only worrying about his car!!! cant wait for this weekend at snet see you all at flame sat morning
Old 30 Jun 2006, 15:33 (Ref:1644990)   #10
gozzer
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds,suffolk
gozzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi to every one who was at snetterton on june 24/25.Myself Mark and Avril had twodays of great racing, on saturday with Terry and rest of the crew,It's a pity we got broken up on sunday but thats BARC for you.Still it was a good weekend bar the red flags.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 17:09 (Ref:1645062)   #11
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
DaveW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozzer
Hi to every one who was at snetterton on june 24/25.Myself Mark and Avril had twodays of great racing, on saturday with Terry and rest of the crew,It's a pity we got broken up on sunday but thats BARC for you.Still it was a good weekend bar the red flags.
Glad you enjoyed the weekend. As far as crew allocations go, Mike Whitney (BARC chief marshal at Snetterton) will also try to put people who wish to marshal together on the same post, in the same way as Pete Rodwell (BRSCC) does. Have you let Mike know which crew you would like to be with? Bear in mind that things can always change on the day, in order to get the circuit manned with sufficient people in the right places.