Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Jul 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1649663)   #1
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV deal/a few questions

Ok so FOX doesn't do Busch anymore, and I think TNT? does the rest of the Cup season, main thnk I want to know about this, is will DW and Larry Mac be commentating for these other channels? I love they're commentary, even a boring race will be made good with them, Not really bothered about Mike Joy, and I don't like Chris Myers..

If it's not DW and LM, who will be commentating?

2. Car numbers, why is the #60 of Boris Said #160 on scoring sheets? same with Mike Wallace, #09 is #109 see:http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...&FS=NASCAR-CUP

3. Car of Tomorrow, I can't see the front spoiler on that think being as strong as the current one, it's a pretty ugly car IMO, but if it makes the racing better, I guess it can't be a bad thing.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 7 Jul 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1650351)   #2
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The NBC crew takes over.
You can catch pre and post race commentary from Hammond and Larry-Mac on the Speed Channel I believe. A Fox property.
Old 7 Jul 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1650489)   #3
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
personally i like the fox/speed crew but nbc does a good jobs when it comes down to Championship tyme
Old 10 Jul 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1652445)   #4
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car numbers have the 1 prefix as they are the first team to request that particular number. There are other teams that have requested to use the same number, but they only get to run it if the teams ahead of them don't use it or race.

Personally I don't like any of the current tv coverage. I don't like Benny Parsons and I REALLY don't like Waltrip. The coverage is mediocre and only focuses on a few guys who's sponsors buy advertising (NBC is worse at this). Hopefully ABC/ESPN will do a much better job next year, their IRL coverage is superior to the NASCAR coverage in most areas.

J.D.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1654419)   #5
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfloopy
The car numbers have the 1 prefix as they are the first team to request that particular number. There are other teams that have requested to use the same number, but they only get to run it if the teams ahead of them don't use it or race.
Can you explain that again? does that mean say, that number 10 of Scott Riggs doesn't have a prefix because Ricky Rudd's team ran with it previously? (if Rudd's team were the first, they would have been #110?) so if Rudd's team still existed, they would be allowed to have the #10 on the car because they were first with it and Riggs would have to change?

Quote:

Personally I don't like any of the current tv coverage. I don't like Benny Parsons and I REALLY don't like Waltrip. The coverage is mediocre and only focuses on a few guys who's sponsors buy advertising (NBC is worse at this). Hopefully ABC/ESPN will do a much better job next year, their IRL coverage is superior to the NASCAR coverage in most areas.

J.D.
ESPN would most likely have Rusty commentating wouldn't you think? his move into IRL commentating is making sense now.

Wasn't a great fan of the commentary on the weekend, Bill Weber looks and sounds like Donald Trump, the whole commentary crew doesn't really do anything for me, I first heard Benny Parsons in '99, didn't do anything for me back then either. There isn't much joking or anything going on, nothing much in the 'countdown to the green flag' or whatever it was called. Although it's great to not have Chris Myers and to a lesser extent Mike Joy, I still prefer FOX's coverage.

any ideas on who will be a part of the ABC/ESPN crew?

Quote:
You can catch pre and post race commentary from Hammond and Larry-Mac on the Speed Channel I believe. A Fox property.
I'm in Australia, so no Speed Channel for me

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 12 Jul 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1654426)   #6
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

J.D.
Benny Parsons was good back in the "good old days" when he was doing commentary together with Bob Jenkins and Ned Jarrett. Ah, those were the days, and no one - and I mean no one - could react to a wreck like Jenkins did.

My all-time favorite racing commentary is Jenkins' reaction to when Lake Speed got clipped on the backstretch during the 1989 Firecracker 400 at Daytona and started to flip - it's just priceless
Old 13 Jul 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1655176)   #7
Jason99m
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
Jason99m should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what the international distribution deal is? I was hoping that we might get to see some Busch and Truck races on ESPN international.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1655320)   #8
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr69
Can you explain that again? does that mean say, that number 10 of Scott Riggs doesn't have a prefix because Ricky Rudd's team ran with it previously? (if Rudd's team were the first, they would have been #110?) so if Rudd's team still existed, they would be allowed to have the #10 on the car because they were first with it and Riggs would have to change?

ESPN would most likely have Rusty commentating wouldn't you think? his move into IRL commentating is making sense now.

That is exactly how the prefix on the team numbers work. If Rudd's team still existed they would be #110 and Riggs' team would be #210.

I believe Rusty will be on the commentary team for next years races, which I think judging from his IRL coverage should be a massive improvement over the current system.

J.D.