Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 9 Jul 2006, 15:13 (Ref:1651332)   #1
Racer Scott
Racer

Racer Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya to NASCAR

Autosport.com reports Juan Pablo Montoya has signed to replace Mears in Ganassi's team next season.

Amazing development!

I personally think it has disaster written all over it.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1651337)   #2
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I mentioned in the F1 board:

HOLY CRAP!
Old 9 Jul 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1651340)   #3
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ill belive it when i see it but he does have the talent
Old 9 Jul 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1651352)   #4
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
link; http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....montoya.0132/

What arm is he going into, the trucks, the 2nd sedan class or the top class?
Old 9 Jul 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1651360)   #5
Racer Scott
Racer

The top class - Nextel Cup
Old 9 Jul 2006, 15:56 (Ref:1651367)   #6
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I think Montoya should join the truck series for about a year to see what he has got and then mabey join the Nextel Series
Old 9 Jul 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1651386)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
That is awesome! It may or may not end in disaster but it's gonna be damn fine entertainment watching it!

Wanna book my flights for next Febuary asap now!!
Old 9 Jul 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1651403)   #8
Racer Scott
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
It may or may not end in disaster but it's gonna be damn fine entertainment watching it!

Absolutely - it will be compelling viewing.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 17:48 (Ref:1651503)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bring it on.

Think I'll make my new home in this cosy NASCAR forum then.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1651508)   #10
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im gonna drink to this wonderful news
Old 9 Jul 2006, 18:02 (Ref:1651514)   #11
Racer Scott
Racer

It is very exciting - I for one will be tuning into NASCAR far more than I have previously.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1651533)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't wait for the intense rivalries, hairy racing and general outspokenness.

RS, I disagree. I can't see it being a disaster. However, even if it is, he has at least tried another category of racing and I for one admire that!
Old 9 Jul 2006, 18:25 (Ref:1651537)   #13
Racer Scott
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I can't wait for the intense rivalries, hairy racing and general outspokenness.

RS, I disagree. I can't see it being a disaster. However, even if it is, he has at least tried another category of racing and I for one admire that!

Absolutely - I hope I'm proved wrong - and I definitely admire him for giving it ago rather than slipping into a midfield F1 team.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 18:31 (Ref:1651548)   #14
simonfa
Rookie

England
England
simonfa has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
link; http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....montoya.0132/

What arm is he going into, the trucks, the 2nd sedan class or the top class?
He will be driving in both Nextel and Busch as soon as this year !

Quote:
Article removed. Please do not post whole articles. This is for copyright reasons. See the FAQ rules. Just post the relevant part to make your point AND provide a source reference or a link to a website. Thanks.

Last edited by Adam43; 9 Jul 2006 at 19:23.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 18:54 (Ref:1651588)   #15
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't watched watched a top flight since the days of the Winston Cup. Recently I've made do with the Busch Series highlights on Motors TV. But on the strength of todays news, I've got all fired up for NASCAR again and I have just subscribed to NASN, so tonight I'm going to watch the Sheetrock 400
Can't wait to see JPM in the mix.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1651640)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They like to get into a few scrapes in NASCAR and Montoya seems to attract them too. It could be fun...
Old 9 Jul 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1651659)   #17
Racer Scott
Racer

I assume he'll be back to being JM rather than JPM now
Old 9 Jul 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1651664)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yep. Juan Montoya. Said in an american drawl. Just like Paul Page used to.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1651671)   #19
Racer Scott
Racer

That was Champcar/Indycar - maybe he'll have to become "John Montana" in NASCAR
Old 9 Jul 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1651681)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

If so, consider my NASN subscription forgotten.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 02:32 (Ref:1651840)   #21
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From a long time nascar fan, welcome to Montoya. It should make the racing even more interesting.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 08:32 (Ref:1652000)   #22
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he'll do well, in part because unlike several other open-wheel drivers who have crossed over, Montoya actually seems genuinely excited about the switch. Not even the much more intense racing schedule seems to bother him - heck, it seems he even looks forward to racing almost every weekend as opposed to having gaps of two, three weeks between each race.

I can't wait to see what happens, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins a race in his first year.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 08:58 (Ref:1652020)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The more I think about it the more exciting it gets.

Variety is great isn't it and to have a driver come from F1 full time to NASCAR full time is unheard off. And to do it in the middle of his career is great too. It shows how serious you have to be to compete at the top in any discipline
of the sport.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 09:16 (Ref:1652035)   #24
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think this will be great, while it lasts - imagine the run ins with tony stewart, who will take the backward step 1st

think he should have to do the hard yards to prove himself like marcos ambrose..... surely driving a stock car on an oval is different to driving an open wheeler

even paul tracy had to race in the busch series

Last edited by gomick; 10 Jul 2006 at 09:21.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1652041)   #25
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Montoya will have to do some Busch races before he can race in the cup.

Tags
jpm