Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 21 Aug 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1688269)   #1
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recruiting poster

Can anyone direct me to the link that lead to the BMMC recruiting poster that was around a couple of years ago. I've searched for ages but can't find it.

Many thanks
Ian
Old 22 Aug 2006, 07:13 (Ref:1688496)   #2
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We in Midlands region have just designed a new one. If you PM NJF I'm sure she's got a copy she can e-mail to you.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 07:40 (Ref:1688512)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
At the moment there are lots of new publications being undertaken Ian.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1688561)   #4
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to Jonathan Palmer, David Scott and Stephen Green, small recruiting posters are appearing at all MSV Circuits, plus Bedford Autodrome; in the Toilets. (Gives you something to read) They are in full colour and quite eye catching!!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 10:44 (Ref:1688617)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Nothing at Brands yet, I checked yesterday!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1688618)   #6
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
Nothing at Brands yet, I checked yesterday!
I have not visited all the Toilets, yet, at Brands - archaic I may be but being a Marshal I can manage to hold mine own most of the day!!!

But seriously, they are in place at Snetterton I have been reliably informed by a BEMSEE Marshal who was there last weekend. I will speak tomorrow at BH!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 11:19 (Ref:1688639)   #7
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by archaic gold
Thanks to Jonathan Palmer, David Scott and Stephen Green, small recruiting posters are appearing at all MSV Circuits, plus Bedford Autodrome; in the Toilets. (Gives you something to read) They are in full colour and quite eye catching!!
I'm being a little over-sensitive here, something being better than nothing. But does it strike anybody else that it would be nice if the powers that be could promote the cause outside the sanitary facilities as well?

It does seem a little off hand to only have the ads in the bogs.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1688647)   #8
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
I'm being a little over-sensitive here, something being better than nothing. But does it strike anybody else that it would be nice if the powers that be could promote the cause outside the sanitary facilities as well?

It does seem a little off hand to only have the ads in the bogs.
I think that we have to be grateful to obtain this exposure foc from JP/MSVR! Sorry, Ladies, being pertinent, but I need not go into details, but does one usually stare at a blank wall!! As I said in a previous post, these advertising frames have been situated at these loactions for over a year to the best of my knowledge advertising MSV Activities and Race Meetings. For JP/MSV to "give-up" some of these sights foc to the Marshals is something that we must appreciate!! Please do not underestimate the efforts of BMMC Officials, such as Stephen Green in getting this far!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1688657)   #9
ian_c_uk
Racer

United Kingdom
J5 M61
ian_c_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think that we have to be grateful to obtain this exposure foc from JP/MSVR! Sorry, Ladies, being pertinent, but I need not go into details, but does one usually stare at a blank wall!! As I said in a previous post, these advertising frames have been situated at these loactions for over a year to the best of my knowledge advertising MSV Activities and Race Meetings. For JP/MSV to "give-up" some of these sights foc to the Marshals is something that we must appreciate!! Please do not underestimate the efforts of BMMC Officials, such as Stephen Green in getting this far!
To be honest I think they are proven "good advertising" spots rather than the last rung, where else are you able to make someone stare at and read a poster?
Old 22 Aug 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1688673)   #10
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_c_uk
To be honest I think they are proven "good advertising" spots rather than the last rung, where else are you able to make someone stare at and read a poster?
EXACTLY my point!!!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 12:20 (Ref:1688685)   #11
sunny.traveller
Racer

sunny.traveller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Err, has anyone checked in the ladies loos? The back of the cubicle door is used for adverts in almost every motorway service station I've ever been into and as far as I remember there are no adverts of any sort in this location in the ladies in Hailwoods or Kentagon. If MSV are not using this space then perhaps a few more posters could go up. Believe me archaic gold, girls can doing the staring routine too!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 12:48 (Ref:1688701)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd like to point out that no, I haven't checked out the ladies loos.

It's a very good spot, straight in front of your eyes, so you can do the staring into space thing and have something to think about too.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1688704)   #13
ian_c_uk
Racer

United Kingdom
J5 M61
Quote:
EXACTLY my point!!!
oops, meant to quote post above yours... sorry!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 13:06 (Ref:1688724)   #14
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
At least two of our Oulton regulars started marshalling as a result of seeing a recruiting poster in the gents at a TOCA meeting two or three years ago.

Where Oulton leads.....
Old 22 Aug 2006, 15:44 (Ref:1688847)   #15
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand

Where Oulton leads.....
We correct and professionalise!!!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 15:52 (Ref:1688852)   #16
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
We correct and professionalise!!!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1688857)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
It is my understanding that the 'bogads' as they are kindly known, will be in both ladies and gents toilets. Maybe one or two of our lady members could check it out for me. I don't want Archaic Gold getting arrested as a peeping tom!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 16:26 (Ref:1688872)   #18
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
It is my understanding that the 'bogads' as they are kindly known, will be in both ladies and gents toilets. Maybe one or two of our lady members could check it out for me. I don't want Archaic Gold getting arrested as a peeping tom!
Thanks for the concern, Steve. However, I can normally be found sleuthing around about 0600hours when all good nice ladies are still in bed!!!!!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1688876)   #19
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll check this weekend but AFAIR there were MSV ads on the backs of the doors in the ladies loo's in Race Control at previous meetings so hopefully some of these are marshal ad's now.

As said in marketing terms these are pretty good marketing spots as you have a captive audience. MSV also had ads next to the hand driers in the ladies loos as I think those are pretty effective as well.

I'm pretty sure I've seen ads in the Kentagon loos as well but perhaps not on the backs of the doors?
Old 22 Aug 2006, 20:17 (Ref:1689061)   #20
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taking this a stage further, I like the Canadian idea where ever Observer whose post backs onto a spectator area is given a supply of A5 flyers to hand out to any interested public who pass by. They recon to get several new marshals a year in each area by this method.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 23:01 (Ref:1689184)   #21
Eric Ridler
Racer

United Kingdom
Timperley,Cheshire
Eric Ridler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Can anyone direct me to the link that lead to the BMMC recruiting poster that was around a couple of years ago. I've searched for ages but can't find it.

Chigley PM me as I have 2 or 3 versions in Pdf format, in fact I have most of the BMMC recruiting material on file (Autosport Show). I also have some A3 copies laminated if they are any help.
If anybody wants some BMMC A5 leaflets and/or A6 postcards please PM for postage details.
Stephen and I are working on a new brochure at the moment but it looks as though things may be delayed due to finances to pay for them, unless anyone knows of an interested sponsor.

Eric
Old 23 Aug 2006, 07:37 (Ref:1689332)   #22
ian_c_uk
Racer

United Kingdom
J5 M61
Quote:
Originally Posted by theracegypsy
Taking this a stage further, I like the Canadian idea where ever Observer whose post backs onto a spectator area is given a supply of A5 flyers to hand out to any interested public who pass by. They recon to get several new marshals a year in each area by this method.
Maybe they should do a version as a patch to attach the marshal's back?

(great sponsorship opportunity also )
Old 23 Aug 2006, 08:49 (Ref:1689373)   #23
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does seem that we have all been this way at least a year ago and also before that. We have moved on since that time with some marshal stands thanks to those who man them. However we dont move on fast enough to maintain our numbers let alone increase them. One suggestion made when this was discused before was to have leaflets available to marshals who camp, to take around the spectators and drivers campsites
in the evening? Any thoughts for Goodwood or the 24hr race meeting?
Old 23 Aug 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1689823)   #24
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'll check all the ladies loose!!!!.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1689837)   #25
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
I have tracked down the "bogads", as promised, and they should be in position at BH by this weekend. (So, Ladies beware, but I will knock loudly!!!) O'k Girls, that was a joke!!
However, please bear in mind only a few can be placed within the frames, we do not wish to displace too many MSV ads!