Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 26 Aug 2006, 11:27 (Ref:1692722)   #1
Steve Mead
Rookie

Steve Mead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden sept two races for £130

The Barc south are running a festival of motorsport at lydden on the 9th sept. This is the biggest meeting of the year at lydden and invicta radio and meridian television will be there. The entry fee is £130 this represents one practice and two races. That is great value for money even if you dont like the place. Yes there is a clash with semsec the same day at brands but £235 for a ten lap race is a little expensive. So anybody coming to Lydden???????
Old 26 Aug 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1692840)   #2
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
rather race at Brands for £250 than lydden for half that
semsec are proposing 2 single seater races if time allows
Old 27 Aug 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1693322)   #3
Steve Mead
Rookie

it,s all very wellproposing two races. If they are proposing this then where are the details?????????????
Old 27 Aug 2006, 09:39 (Ref:1693399)   #4
driftwood
Veteran

i was told that was the plan subject to time
i would rather support semsc smaller club than barc im fed up with them booking same day events
semsec gets better grids in singleeaters too
Old 28 Aug 2006, 07:52 (Ref:1694294)   #5
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do they clash on the same day? Seem madness - are they still bickering?
Old 28 Aug 2006, 09:11 (Ref:1694332)   #6
driftwood
Veteran

yup
pathetic really
head banging required there are not enought drivers to do both sereis on same day or even 1 week apart
merge split costs pool all drivers create better champonships
i have no interest in going to race at stowe circuit
rather sit at home
it cost same time n fuel to get to stowe as lydden for me
i wish lydden would resurface the scruntinnering bay apart from that its a fine club circuit
ideal for novices to gain track time get licence signatures and there are regulars that run there
with semsec taking on 2 Brands evens that make a a variation to the racing and i would rather support the smaller club
sadly the good Dr wants higher renatl fees hence semsec running sprint in the am and races in the PM to make it pay
Old 29 Aug 2006, 08:59 (Ref:1696062)   #7
Steve Mead
Rookie

I personally think that these clubs should get together and create a well run series between them, the barc cancelled a meeting earlier in the year as not to clash with semsec and I would have thought semsec would have done the same in return. As for running a sprint in the morning with such a high entry fee again will it make it pay or will people stay away. Sprint entry fees do make racing a much better value for money.There was and don't quote me a rumour that they were struggling for marshals to make the event happen has anyone else heard this? so do I go to lydden or brands only having done a handful of laps in the renault.Does anybody know how many entries there are?
Old 29 Aug 2006, 10:39 (Ref:1696142)   #8
driftwood
Veteran

1 I LEFT MESSAGE FPR SEMSEC TO CALL ME RE 2 RACES
2 MARSHALLS- ALWAYS A PROBLEM BUT THEY GET IT COVERED AT LAST MINUTE
3 THE 1ST SEMSEC bh RACE HAD AGOOD GRID OF 20 CARS WHICH I WAS SURPRISED AT SO BH IS THE PLACE TO RUN OVER LYDDEN
4 SPRINTERS ARE A DIFFERENT BREED THEY HAVE THEIR VIEWS AND THATS IT A BIT LIKE MEN TO WOMEN NEVER UNDERSTAND THEM!
5 I CANT SEE SEMSEC CANCELLING BH EVENT COS BARC WANT TO GO TO LYDDEN I BET BARC KNEW DAMN WELL SEMSEC AT BH DATE

I DO NOT KNOW WHO THE PROBLEM LIES WITH BUT I SUSPECT IST BARC BEING THE BULLY BOY CLUB OVER SEMSEC
BUT ITS ABOUT TIME THEY SAT DOWN WORKE DOUT A 10 MEETING CALENDER WHERE THEY SPLIT THE EVENTS BETWEEN THEM AND HAVE THEIR RESPECTIVE RULES SERIES AND THEN COMBINE OTHER CLASSES LIKE SINGLE SEATERS WHERE THERE ARE NO RULE CLASHES AND GET A FULLER GRID AND MORE££ INTO THE CLUBS/MAKE A PROFIT FROM THE MEETINGS
Old 29 Aug 2006, 14:43 (Ref:1696486)   #9
driftwood
Veteran

Single seaters are getting 2 races 1x 15 lapper then later 10 lapper is planned 2 races for £235 or something like that rather pay double for BH than Lydden the same day
closing date is tomorrow contact details
http://www.semsec.org.uk/
or call/mail
Anthony Miles
SEMSEC Entries and Championships
Tel: 01892 610461
info@semsec.org,uk
Old 30 Aug 2006, 09:56 (Ref:1697431)   #10
Steve Mead
Rookie

Well mr driftwood are you going to brands as you seem to be pushing very hard, have you ever had a run in with the barc southern centre as you seem to knock everything they do.Every reply I think I have ever posted is returned with something very negative from you and as for resurfacing the scrutineering bay then if its that much of a problem I would bye you a broom.Lydden is a small club circuit and wether semsec or the barc are running races there they need support from drivers. Mr Palmer has a fantastic circuit at brands but he should be the one helping the smaller clubs remembering that he started there once.Sorry to be very negative towards you but your comments really dont inspire or help the smaller clubs.Try to come up with a few more posotive comments then maybe people will start get those cars out of garages again!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1697453)   #11
driftwood
Veteran

Mr Mead i ran nearly all of last year at Lydden as well as contesting other events in the UK in another series and i went karting
WHEN YR CAR SITS ON THE HUMP IN SCRUTINNERING BAY with the front or rear wheels off the ground then u have to get another pusher to move the car into Scrut U GET A BIT PI###ED OFF WITH YR FLOOR GETTING DAMAGED
The broom is of no use it is not the debris its UNEVEN !!
£2000 would sort the level out but as Mr Dennis has no interest in maintaing the track and lease is due for renewal soon no club is going to spend ££ there till they see the new lease deal signed

yes im going to brands why do you think i have posted the fact 2 races there!
i have also chased a few mono f3 type racer guys to come down to BH to race
have absolutly no interest in doing ANY BARC SE single seater races not even with free entry give to me
SEMSEC get a good crowd of cars that i can race with
since i started going the grids increased over the previous years either by me chasing some guys to come or the mere fact guys had some one to race with at the front
I have made the commitment to SEMSEC events a smaller club that needs the help (BARC are just muscling in on SEMSEC days)

As for the good Dr and his track hire fees yes he is taking the business mans approach of maximising the rental fee and has no interest in aiding the smaller club ( even though he did mention that in his purchase announcement) the fact he was a club driver back in 1975-7 will have no bearing on his approach you dont know JP that well if that is your view!

He is even looking at running MSV winter events no doubt lower entry fees as he does with his track days
These issues can only be directed to him directly via the masse sie you and mee with individual letters or a petition
Th eracing clubs are often loosing money at events at BH but make ££ at other circuits to support the BH type events
the meeting costs around £25-30k toput on so its hard for teh club to recoup the outlay in entry fees unless they can get 20 cars per race as an average figure
Nikki told me last year she runs libre race to encourage single seaters to come with a low fee for 2 races and she needed the libre races to give sports saloon racers the break between events ( some do 3 or 4 races in their cars due toi the rules/car specs) and effectivley she was loosing money on our libre races hence my efforts to support what the SEMSEC club does for our cars and i have brought a long 4 guys last year who have raced there specifically to run against me and that has encouraged 3 or 4 more to come out and join in
what do you want 6 cars or 12 cars
lthe last event of 2005 at Lydden had FULL libre grid 8-10 F vees came down plus the regulars and 2 F4 lads and FF2000 joined in

I could not do the Nikki memorial race due to the petticoat government stupidly booking the west end theatre with friends months earlier without consulting me or my race calander pinned to the wall - there was a row and she was told it will be the 1st and last time she does that as next time im going racing and someone else has my ticket

as for me making negative comments thats yr view i tell it as it is
sadly motor sport is far more expensive today that it should be
16 years ago it cost £50 entry fee fuel to track and racecar fuel £30 so it was £80 to get scrutineered and that was not taking a full weeks wages

today its £325-350 to get car scrutineered and eats into most of your weekly income

increased insurance & fuel costs and track rental fees have made it hard to justify going racing let alone any wear n tear costs on the car
grids are low in many formulas today
so when a club books ameeting so close to another clubs race day what do u think is going to happen?
Old 30 Aug 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1697461)   #12
Steve Mead
Rookie

Sounds like you and me need to get together then and sort a few letters and comments to mr palmer and organising clubs, so what car are you running at brands?Have you heard how many entries there are. I have already put an entry in. The barc have formuls vees attending the event in oct so looks like the single seaters will run for once.Its about time drivers started speaking there minds, as for the lease coming up at Lydden, if mclaren decide to build houses or just use it for testing that could mean the end of cheapish motorsport in the southeast allowing mr palmer to charge what he likes!!!!!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 10:53 (Ref:1697467)   #13
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excuse me but I do not think that BARC SE are muscling in on SEMSEC days, just because it is a centre of BARC doesn't mean its a big club. It is a sign of the times that there are to many meetings happening at the same time.

The MSA should stop there being to many meetings on the same day in the same area.
Old 30 Aug 2006, 12:01 (Ref:1697520)   #14
driftwood
Veteran

Re Lydden lease
i dont think McLaren will get consent to do their test track project
logically the clubs like semsec an dthe bike clubs should get together and buy the circuit

regarding BARC SE days its about tim ethe barc.semsec crowd sat down NOW discussed series rules see what are the same and agree dates so there ar eno clashes or 1 week apart events
half the races can merge some cant different rules ( some are so close they should be the same series) then the grids will be full both clubs save wasted track hire fees/make a profit
no agro for marshalls
im afraid some guys are on ego trips running clubs ( empire buildiers! )
listen to the drivers i spend my ££ going racing listen why im not spending it

Yes MSA should regulate the evenst in same area but why should it be wholly down to them logic should apply
if i was running a rural bus service and the bus runs every 30 mins between 3 villages/ to main town u would cut certain departures out if there are not enough people filling the bus say in the middle of the day to save money /reduce fares
no difference to a race club
i believe the 9 sept has BH lydden and snetterton having races
who is at fualt RACMSA or the clubs not thinking logically
half the barc races could run at semsec BH event and they could have done away with the sprint event??

im sure both clubs get by with their saloon sports car races but i have no inyterest in splitting my time for libre races between clubs
i will support semsec libre when it is not clashing with other events my cars can race in
i have no interest in running at Stowe rather spend 200£ at BH test day or silverstone natonal test day

with regrads to JP and his track fees its also the clubs that need to protest by not booking the track at his rates
yes he has a businees to run but not at my expense
sadly he has no real competition
entry for spactators should be free to all club races get bums in seats then after 1 year charge £1 or 2 when u have 3000 bums in seats paying £1 each and not the extortionate £12-15 then they will get some income
The clubs do not get the gate ££ the track owner does!!
Old 30 Aug 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1697973)   #15
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as an ex-single seater driver, I have to say that if SEMSEC & BARC-SE worked together, as motorsport providers in the South East, they would be able to provide a good single seater series with good entries, as well as a very popular saloon series(s). I for one am not knocking either club, far from it. Be adult and work together for everyone's benefit. There are very experienced officials in both clubs. So come on guys and girls, what about it? Does it take us competitiors to bang heads together and get a sensible approach??
Old 30 Aug 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1698000)   #16
MikeBz
Racer

MikeBz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
I DO NOT KNOW WHO THE PROBLEM LIES WITH BUT I SUSPECT IST BARC BEING THE BULLY BOY CLUB OVER SEMSEC
I don't know what makes you think that. The BARC have tried really hard to make their series attractive by putting on cut-price races at Mallory and Snetterton but like SEMSEC have at some meetings this year they have struggled to get grids (for single seaters). I agree that the best thing for everyone would be for a joint BARC-SE/SEMSEC single seater series.

I can see that with Lydden and Brands on the same day Lydden is going to struggle to get entries for various reasons despite being considerably cheaper. It's simply mad to run them simultaneously. I love both circuits but Brands is so special that to even the most impoverished racer it's worth making sacrifices elsewhere to pay the ££££ required for an occasional visit.

I know the paddock at Lydden isn't great for single seaters (OK, understatement) but if your car is grounding in the scrutineering bay then you're running an illegal ride height unless you're at a ClubF3 or FR event (neither of which run at Lydden...). Ooops, that old chestnut again

Mike
Old 30 Aug 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1698032)   #17
driftwood
Veteran

no such thing as illegal ride height
its monoposto that run at 40 mm
why?
because the circuit owners bullied racmsa into a ride height because f1 cars had ti skid plates making goudges in track way back when and now its stuck rule no other country has ride height rule
its the biggest loada blx since noise testing and dba limits
my car evens grounds out in brands tunnel which is why i park in the pits when i test
bootm line is thes eclubs need to get their act together either run 4 events each or merge series and make sure they do not clash
running at mallory is not going to aid BARC too many sereis running now in Uk and people who chase c/ships dont go to other races mid season and at year end plead poverty so u will not get extra cars from other seeis
just take the 25 libre runners and nourish them to get them to run at all the events not pick n choose
Old 31 Aug 2006, 08:55 (Ref:1698283)   #18
Steve Mead
Rookie

So now we all have these opinions out in the open how many competitors would get together and ask both clubs for a meeting to try and get this all sorted.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 08:55 (Ref:1698285)   #19
Steve Mead
Rookie

If a few of us are at brands next week how about get there early and have a chat about things??????
Old 31 Aug 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1698310)   #20
driftwood
Veteran

we need to lobby both clubs i did raise this with Nikki last year she said they tried 2 years ago to run with BARC but they fell out over ££ i dont know who was the difficult party
need to ask both clubs then form an opinion!
Old 31 Aug 2006, 10:12 (Ref:1698349)   #21
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fact: BARC S/E cancelled their date at Lydden once they knew SEMSEC were running at Brands on the same day. Their Lydden September date has now been on the same weekend for four years, and SEMSEC have not previously had a Brands September date.
It is a shame that these clashes have occured, but there is now the BRSCC event at Snetterton on the same day, along with Rockingham. When the calender was originally planned the Britcar 24 hours was scheduled for Sept 16/17, now that has moved a week forward. Perhaps there are just too many meetings altogether.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1698374)   #22
MikeBz
Racer

MikeBz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
no such thing as illegal ride height
its monoposto that run at 40 mm
Not wishing to give this old chestnut any more airtime than it has already had over the years, but:

2006 Blue Book, section J, page 133 (Single Seater dimensions):
(T) Minimum ground clearance 4(cm)

F3 and FR have exemption (according to other 10/10ths threads).

Quote:
its the biggest loada blx since noise testing and dba limits
my car evens grounds out in brands tunnel
Shurely shome contradiction in those 2 statements

Mike
Old 31 Aug 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1698399)   #23
driftwood
Veteran

Rod yes your right too many events n the same day that are non c/ship events ie Clubbies
as far a si can see BARC SEMSEC nee dto take their dates to the table and discuss things
im not interested in which serie s has the better grids what needs to happen is say 10 events half run by1 club or the other ( whether u co sahre the event with personell or each run 5 events is upto those people to discuss) but the driver wants to race his car at Lydden brands or wherever and know the 20 or so cars floating around come to the 1 event not 2 events ether the same day or 1 week apart
ie single seaters are low grids 15 guys split between 2 clubs makes me sit at home- why do i want to race with 6 cars

yr DTRC saloon car series is strong on entries but may be the only formula that gets 20 plus entries and it is not enough for BARC to say we dont want to merge
if all yr formulas had 15-20 car grids then u can say sorry we make a profit we dont need to merge
i suspect the barc may break even as do semsec but if u merged yr operational costs halve profits come and fuller grids
its not difficult to get it sorted only egos and prima donas causing the problems
Old 31 Aug 2006, 11:14 (Ref:1698401)   #24
driftwood
Veteran

maybe i have an f3 car and exempt !!

if i didnt i would run the factory ride height car was built and designed with that way th ecar is working as it should

never seen a man measure cars except mono series even then its top 3 only
Old 1 Sep 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1699217)   #25
Steve Mead
Rookie

Spoke with Ant Miles at Sensec yesterday and there are 20 entries so far and they are hoping for a full grid. Lets hope we have some close racing.