Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 28 Aug 2006, 11:11 (Ref:1694434)   #1
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
DaveW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton Sept 9th - 3 races for £150

The BRSCC are offering a 20 min qualifying and three 10 lap races for £ 150 at their race meeting at Snetterton on Saturday 9th September, which sounds like good value. It is listed as the Snetterton Trophy for Saloons & Production Sports Cars.

Further details can be obtained by contacting the club or from the following:

http://www.brscc.co.uk/calendar/even...tingref=sn9sep

Come and have a play on one of the fastest circuits and give us something more to watch!
Old 28 Aug 2006, 14:01 (Ref:1695382)   #2
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, so the BRSCC have suddenly cottoned onto why DTRC is so popular? i.e. value for money clean racing. Shame they picked the same date as the successful BARC-SE event at Lydden and the SEMSEC event at Brands!
If I wasn't doing the DTRC race meeting I would be there.

Pick a date that doesn't clash with other key events and you will get a full grid with reserves! I hope this is the beginning of some common sense.

Think of it guys; big grids mean good racing means entertainment for the public, means bigger gates means better income for the circuits!!!
Old 28 Aug 2006, 14:16 (Ref:1695399)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
But in the past they have always said that entry fees are not too high as they are only the price of a tyre, trouble is we have to buy the tyres as well and this fact has taken many years to sink in, high entry fees whether they like it not means smaller grids and thats a fact.

Actually guys I think it is only two races which is enough anyhow. Looks like the same format as the one I did at the Rock and that was fun although could have done with a few more entries.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 28 Aug 2006 at 14:20.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1695409)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Out Farr
Pick a date that doesn't clash with other key events and you will get a full grid with reserves! I hope this is the beginning of some common sense.
It is not a question of picking dates. It is adding an event to fill a rather sparse programme.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 15:13 (Ref:1695436)   #5
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a Club F3 meeting again is it?
Old 28 Aug 2006, 15:25 (Ref:1695452)   #6
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IS; your views are well respected; You know that.

but remember, very few of us have a money tree in the back garden so we have to be selective about what events we compete in.

When you love your sport and want to compete as much as possible, the fiscal situation has to be taken on board. I want to do more events. More like the Snetterton event will be gratefully received!!
Old 28 Aug 2006, 15:30 (Ref:1695457)   #7
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
No, no Club F3, lots of Caterhams though. And the entry form/technical & sporting regs that you can get to through the link on the BRSCC calendar states 3 x 10 lap races on the front page. Under the sporting regs further through it talks about 2 x 20 min races so some confusion but I think the intention is for 3 races.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1695510)   #8
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats good value...pretty much the same as BARC-SEC are offering at Lydden.

The fact that clubs are having to lower their prices so much to try and get grid fulls of entries surely shows that there are too many events happening on the same day? The fact that Lydden, Brands and Snet all have meetings on the same day means that the drivers in the south are being split between 3 circuits when really they should be all at the one meeting.

It is likely also that these meetings are also struggling for marshals as they all have a similar catchment area.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1695758)   #9
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's called great co-ordination by the MSA (or not as the case may be)

Rob.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1695771)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
So are you going Rob.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1695789)   #11
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Nope, I'm at Rockingham that weekend as Team Dangerous meets Revolution Torquespeed, and the "59 car" joins in the fun at Ovalfest06!

The next time "Harry" comes out will be Donington in November with the V8 Supercar Challenge. I had considered doing Silverstone in October with the LMA guys, but that looks like it'll be yet another Rockingham job...
Old 30 Aug 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1697673)   #12
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Race format is confirmed at 3 x 15 mins, with rolling starts. So who's coming along to play?