Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Sep 2006, 13:04 (Ref:1710176)   #1
fullcircle
Racer

fullcircle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2006 Rallycross Superprix

Old 14 Sep 2006, 13:38 (Ref:1710203)   #2
RampItUp
Rookie

RampItUp has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Awesome! Cant wait till this event. Not been able to go to many rallycross events this year but have been saving my moeny for this main event on the British Rallycross calendar. It will be well worth the trip up to Croft. The sight of the top European drivers in the UK is something that makes me wish that they would come across on a more regular basis.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 15:07 (Ref:1710273)   #3
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmm only 2.5 hours on a train, not as bad as I thought it would be!

Anything else to see around Darlington?
Old 14 Sep 2006, 17:36 (Ref:1710351)   #4
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
theres a statue of a train made out of bricks!
Old 14 Sep 2006, 18:12 (Ref:1710379)   #5
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted
theres a statue of a train made out of bricks!
Cool, where else would you find it?!

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 14 Sep 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1710487)   #6
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a very good sculpture, but it's at the back of an industrial estate next to the main road.

Darlington on a Saturday night is very good, just ask the Boy Blunder and Tyre Wall about the yard of ale contest a few years ago!

Hope to be up for this event, and the last round of the British Champs the week before. Should be a pair of top events for Rallycross!!
Old 14 Sep 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1710550)   #7
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey UDB i think this southern softy showed those northern monkeys how to
drink that nigth.The best thing was,i didnt pay for any drinks that night
,shame about the bird thou,still thats another story.

BB....
Old 14 Sep 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1710561)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOY BLUNDER
Hey UDB i think this southern softy showed those northern monkeys how to
drink that nigth.The best thing was,i didnt pay for any drinks that night
,shame about the bird thou,still thats another story.

BB....
Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

10/10ths would like to remind its readers that we do not encourage this type of behaviour

We now return you to our normal ramblings.

Sounds like a good night!!!

Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

1000 Posts

We now return you to our normal ramblings.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 14 Sep 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1710567)   #9
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RXIE my friend it was a good night,followed by a excellent rx meeting the next day,like UDB i to coming up for those to meetings cant wait,
see you up there mate.

BB....
Old 14 Sep 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1710572)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any recomendations where to stop over locally?
Old 14 Sep 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1710573)   #11
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOY BLUNDER
RXIE my friend it was a good night,followed by a excellent rx meeting the next day,like UDB i to coming up for those to meetings cant wait,
see you up there mate.

BB....
Night on the tiles and rallycross the next day??!?! Talk about living life on the edge..

Old 2 Oct 2006, 08:16 (Ref:1724988)   #12
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not long now :-)

Will be good to see Helmut Holfeld back again
Bardy's boys will be busy

Last edited by M.Lowe; 2 Oct 2006 at 08:19.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 16:42 (Ref:1725429)   #13
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DDMC web site has along list of B&B local to the circut or e mail marshal@darlington-motor-club.org.uk and I will e mail the list back.
As for drinking, it should be discouraged during daylight hours and as for the southern softies we have some well 'ard scottish marshals Coming so when you think you have sorted out the "Northern Monkeys" you can have a go at our "Red haired Sporan Twirling Northern Cousins"
Two weekends of rallycross on the trot at the best circuit.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1725505)   #14
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Hi Steve

I'm sure the BB and I will have a go, but we don't care if we lose, just as long as its a good night out.......and it always is with the northern monkeys and those from north of the border.

Croft is a great track, but loyality is a great thing too, so we shall agree to disagree, and I'll go for Lydden being the best!!

UDB
Old 4 Oct 2006, 17:46 (Ref:1727870)   #15
RXfan
Racer

RXfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah Lydden without a doubt the best but Croft in the George Shield days gave it a good run for its money. Now the start straight is too long and the last tight bend does little other then split up the field. I can only remember a few battles that have lasted from lights to flag and very few tight finishes. You must remember though i am only a mere spectator, driving the track maybe quite different!
Old 4 Oct 2006, 18:02 (Ref:1727884)   #16
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
I don't think there is a real bad rallycross track in the country, but I always put Lydden first, and Croft not far behind, because those are the two tracks that seem linked to Rallycross....like forever!
Old 5 Oct 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1729234)   #17
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Another Division 1 entry

John McCluskey has confirmed his entry for the Superprix.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1734353)   #18
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And the rest of the TBA's, any news yet?
Old 10 Oct 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1734356)   #19
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You will know as soon as Peter and John do!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1735664)   #20
RXfan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HrRACING
You will know as soon as Peter and John do!
That doesnt fill me with alot of confidence!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 16:10 (Ref:1736350)   #21
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That doesnt fill me with alot of confidence!
What a strange comment! from a so called fan of Rallycross, would you like to elaborate on your comment and let us know why the people who have managed to get European Drivers to come and take our boys on and entertain the British fans fill you with little or no confidence.
With supporters like you rallycross certainly does not need any enemies!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1736455)   #22
RXfan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gibson
What a strange comment! from a so called fan of Rallycross, would you like to elaborate on your comment and let us know why the people who have managed to get European Drivers to come and take our boys on and entertain the British fans fill you with little or no confidence.
With supporters like you rallycross certainly does not need any enemies!
What i was saying is that i am not confident that we are going to get any more European entries if John and Peter dont know who they are. The super national entry looks excellent but division 1 has only 1 top European entry and some of "our boys" are not on the entry list either.I hope im wrong to feel this way and that the rest of the entry is soon filled with quality cars & drivers.Whatever i shall still be making the journey up for the weekend because as a true rallycross fan i go to events here and abroad regardless of whos organising them. All im after is good racing from a good entry which im sure the super nationals will give us.

Last edited by RXfan; 12 Oct 2006 at 18:02.
Old 12 Oct 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1736482)   #23
fullcircle
Racer

fullcircle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you have got to appreiciate what it actually takes to get some of these foreign drivers over here. It is clearly extremely difficult to try and get them to commit until the eleventh hour so perhaps you should give credit where its due. The "1 foreign driver" only happens to be the biggest attraction in rallycross. I for one cant wait to see Kenneth Hansen and C4 at croft.

From what I have heard this event is going to pull quite a few surprises and I think RSS will release the remaining entries when they want to rather than when they know!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1736492)   #24
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcircle
I think you have got to appreiciate what it actually takes to get some of these foreign drivers over here. It is clearly extremely difficult to try and get them to commit until the eleventh hour so perhaps you should give credit where its due. The "1 foreign driver" only happens to be the biggest attraction in rallycross. I for one cant wait to see Kenneth Hansen and C4 at croft.

From what I have heard this event is going to pull quite a few surprises and I think RSS will release the remaining entries when they want to rather than when they know!
That's a fair point, the majority of the big names would be reluctant to commit to anything like a one off event whilst they're in the middle of a title battle.

From the RSS point of view i think they'd be better off releasing names as soon as possible - whilst keeping them back allows 'dramatic' announcements to be made it also makes the entry list look a little empty in the top class. Should be a good event though - those supernationals always look spectacular
Old 13 Oct 2006, 10:12 (Ref:1737023)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest it never used to be a problem getting the top Euroipeans to commit a few years ago did it!
We used to get MArtin and the like over here twice, three times a year in the old days.
Now I know things have changed and maybe the links with ferry companies are not as strong, but if we did it in the ninties, surely we can still do it now!

Or is it the people involved that make it more unlikely.

Nice to see the old RSS love nest still going strong, haha

(take this iin teh spirit it was meant, its a sport remember!!)