Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2001, 10:01 (Ref:82253)   #1
SparX
Rookie

SparX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now that michelin have made there come back, will goodyear see how fast michelin is becoming compeditive and get a idea that now would be a brilliantly good time to re launch there F1 tyre manifacturing to steal some of michelins limelight. goodyear are in a very bad position with the gerneral motoring public due to what happened on the ford explorers in the USA. F1 may be a good chance for them to prove them selves worthy of being used on road cars.
a 3-way tyre battle would become nothing short of supurb

SPARX
Old 19 Apr 2001, 10:49 (Ref:82264)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SparX
now that michelin have made there come back, will goodyear see how fast michelin is becoming compeditive and get a idea that now would be a brilliantly good time to re launch there F1 tyre manifacturing to steal some of michelins limelight. goodyear are in a very bad position with the gerneral motoring public due to what happened on the ford explorers in the USA. F1 may be a good chance for them to prove them selves worthy of being used on road cars.
a 3-way tyre battle would become nothing short of supurb

SPARX
I raised this in "A first win".

I thought it was Firestone (which belongs to Bridgestone?) that Ford were sueing?
Old 19 Apr 2001, 12:06 (Ref:82293)   #3
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as my knowledge tells me..good year is out for another couple of years...but u never know
Old 20 Apr 2001, 07:58 (Ref:82579)   #4
SH0077
Rookie

SH0077 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope that Bridgestone doesn't pull out anytime soon. Another boring tyre Monopoly is not what F1 needs...
Old 21 Apr 2001, 00:22 (Ref:82888)   #5
riusnow
Racer

riusnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with the Ford Explorers were tread separation at low air pressures on certain Firestone Wilderness and ATX tires. Ford wanted a lower tire pressure to give a better ride and reduce the chance of a rollover. The problem was traced to the tire's ingrediants.
GoodYear is not related to Firestone, although Bridgestone is, and has helped fill the void of needed truck tires along with Michelin and others.

I have also wondered if Goodyear will reenter F1, especially with Michelin's new found success.
Old 27 Apr 2001, 08:13 (Ref:85679)   #6
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good year is the undisputed winners in tyre manufacturers.
as i see them in f1, they will enter as they please but not until another year.