Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Oct 2006, 03:26 (Ref:1724860)   #1
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
channel 10 and the chinese GP

I am badly ****ed off at channel 10 for showing the china race 6 hours after it had already been race,which meant you had to stay away from all news service's sport's report,but i ended up finding that that schumacher won the race with about 2 hours before the channel 10 telecast,why couldnt they show the race live when they had nothing on sunday afternoon,and will they be doing the same thing with sunday's japanese grand prix or will they show it after the great race?

Did anyone else find out about the race results before you actuaaly watched the race?.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 03:31 (Ref:1724861)   #2
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, tried hard but failed...

I have no idea why they delayed telecast...as you said they were not showing anything imporant at the time of the race being live...it was stupid...
Old 2 Oct 2006, 03:40 (Ref:1724866)   #3
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter, I too was very, very annoyed with the lack of Channel 10 coverage. Although I had the Live Timing up because I wanted to at least know what was going on, even if I couldn't see what was going on.

And yes, Channel 10 will be broadcasting the Japanese GP straight after Bathurst, which means we have some 11 hours of motorsport to look forward to on Sunday!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 2 Oct 2006, 04:17 (Ref:1724874)   #4
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeah, i was pretty peeved as well...

they didnt telecast it live because it would have conflicted with their 5 oclock news.

Even still, what was most insulting is they chose to start the soppy BS movie at 9:30, which meant the race being shown later than even the european races....

i had too many beers at the pub watching nrl grand final, and as a result fell asleep whilst enduring the credits of said BS movie.... and missed a cracking race.

very very very poor show.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 04:31 (Ref:1724885)   #5
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
There was no reason for the 9 hour and 50 minuet delay. I am sending an 8 page letter and petition to FOM at the end of October. It have over 600 sigantues. I may no look like alot but you have to consider I have only posted it on forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Peter, I too was very, very annoyed with the lack of Channel 10 coverage. Although I had the Live Timing up because I wanted to at least know what was going on, even if I couldn't see what was going on.

And yes, Channel 10 will be broadcasting the Japanese GP straight after Bathurst, which means we have some 11 hours of motorsport to look forward to on Sunday!
No, the Japanese GP will be shown at 11:05pm. They could of shown it after bathurst in at least WA instead of some stupid movie!
Old 2 Oct 2006, 04:38 (Ref:1724891)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here

That's great, well done Channel 10.
Come on, that is ridiculous! Honestly...

I preferred Channel 9's work with the F1s better, we didn't have to put up Leigh Diffey and Neil Crompton blabbing on and on, at least they had Alan Jones...

Last edited by Chatters; 2 Oct 2006 at 04:43.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 2 Oct 2006, 05:16 (Ref:1724905)   #7
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer

they didnt telecast it live because it would have conflicted with their 5 oclock news.
You mean like they have done every Saturday for the past 26 odd weeks...
Old 2 Oct 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1724969)   #8
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
I preferred Channel 9's work with the F1s better, we didn't have to put up Leigh Diffey and Neil Crompton blabbing on and on, at least they had Alan Jones...
You have got to be kidding. Ch9 never showed the races before 11:30. Never showed any qualifying. Worst of all had Daryl Eastlake.

At least Diffey and Crompton have a clue and generally only talk while waiting for the ITV commentary to return from an add break.

The Ch10 coverage is not as good as it could be but I hope we never go back to what Ch9 gave us.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 07:51 (Ref:1724971)   #9
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
My bad!! Daryll Eastlake! Enough said, Ch 10's better!
Old 2 Oct 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1724974)   #10
CamF1
Rookie

CamF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To 10's credit the coverage actually started on time (well, at least accordng to the clock in my lounge room) and there was minimal waffle at the start. Well done to them for that. However, it hardly makes up for showing it so late.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1724975)   #11
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The timing of the GP almost worked perfectly for me. As I had to watch Melbourne Victory play on foxtel which started at four. Melbourne Storm then played in the Grand Final. Then Superbikes was on and in between that (well almost) was able to watch the A1GP Sprint Race. Then in the break flicked back to Superbikes and to my delight they were showing an early 90's 250cc race with Biaggi and Loris and the 40 year old test rider. Fantastic race. Then when that finished it was time for the A1GP feature race.

The only thing that went against me was that the F1 race started about 14 laps before the feature race finished.

So what started as an angry human being when seeing the timing for the telecast soon dwindled down to a smiling individual as he got to watch every single sporting event that I wanted.

Isn't it wonderful that Channel 10 think of me!
Old 2 Oct 2006, 08:08 (Ref:1724980)   #12
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
Isn't it wonderful that Channel 10 think of me!
And who else?
Old 2 Oct 2006, 09:41 (Ref:1725094)   #13
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
no reason to show it at bloody 11.40pm at night. We are dealing with idiots here. well done channel 10
Old 2 Oct 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1725137)   #14
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
I thought now would be a good time to post this link.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...d.cgi?q33dg436

I have over 600 signatures from 2 petition (All of the doubles have been delated)

Don't sign if you don't want to but please don't have a cry.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 11:45 (Ref:1725193)   #15
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I no longer watch F1 because of how late it is shown. Foxtel has MotoGP and WSBK live every race though
Old 2 Oct 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1725282)   #16
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was very hard trying to avoid anywhere I might accidentally hear the results before they bothered getting around to broadcasting the race.

I think next Sunday after Bathurst I'll just have a nap & set my alarm to wake me up for the race.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 00:53 (Ref:1725822)   #17
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Avoiding spoilers is very tough, but it suprises me so many seem to be new to it.

It isn't just F1 - you only had to wait an extra 9 hours. What about WRC, Le Mans, WTCC, DTM etc? We sometimes don't get WRC coverage for a month after its happened! Threads like this that tell you who won in the first post without warning are no better.

Not to say it doesn't frustrate me in the extreme that 10 play with us like that. The only reason they played it so late was because they knew people would stay up to watch it later since Monday was a public holiday.

They play/prey on our passion for motorsport.

You have to laugh about the campaign TEN has about free-to-air TV rights to sporting events. How dare they, when they keep us waiting until bloody midnight.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 01:08 (Ref:1725832)   #18
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ACtually, they put it on so late because they have things that people watch on before that.

As for WRC, Le Mans, WTCC, DTM? Get cable.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 02:23 (Ref:1725854)   #19
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
ACtually, they put it on so late because they have things that people watch on before that.

As for WRC, Le Mans, WTCC, DTM? Get cable.

The same old chestnuts, when are you guys going to learn that Motor Racing does not pay the bills, they will always put it on later because the revenues and ratings are just not there.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 03:03 (Ref:1725867)   #20
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle

The same old chestnuts, when are you guys going to learn that Motor Racing does not pay the bills, they will always put it on later because the revenues and ratings are just not there.
Please tell me what ratting had to do with th 10 hour delayed Chinese GP. If it was shown live it would of finished at 4:00pm WST, 5:30pm CST and 6:00pm EST. There is no excuse for what they did. They are the biggest idiots.

WST
12:15pm - 1:45pm WRC
1:45pm - 4:00pm F1
4:00pm - 5:00pm WRC
5:30pm - 6:00pm News
6:00pm - 6:30pm Sports Tonight
6:30pm - 7:00pm Meerkat Manor
7:00pm - 7:30pm It's Me or the Dog

CST
12:45pm - 1:45pm WRC
1:45pm - 3:15pm ARC
3:15pm - 5:30pm F1
5:30pm - 6:00pm News
6:00pm - 6:30pm Sports Tonight
6:30pm - 7:00pm Meerkat Manor

EST
1:15pm - 2:15pm WRC
2:15pm - 3:45pm ARC
3:45pm - 6:00pm F1
6:00pm - 6:30pm News
6:30pm - 7:00pm Sports Tonight

Nobody watches Meerkat Manor or It's Me or the Dog so I don't think it really matters that the eastern states don't get to watch Meerkat Manor. I think the Japanese GP ratted quite hight last year. I think it got about 700,000. Thats good considering 1/3 of he race was cut out and it was on from 5:00pm - 6:30pm. Imagine how high it would rate if it was shown at 7:30pm. I think it would rate over 1 million. It is very close in both the drivers and constructors and it was a wet race wich always=great race. I think the Japanese GP will also be wet. I think they should show the FULL coverage of the Japanese GP 2 hours delayed after Bathurst.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 04:05 (Ref:1725887)   #21
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hazza and Sizzle, you are correct. Yes, would love to see the GP's live etc, but it just doesn't add up when it comes to ratings and revenue via advertisers. If they did rate, they would have them on to bring in the max revenue. If people are so desperate, get Foxtel for the bikes and WRC etc and I believe you can also get a dish to receive the Grand Prix's live as well. (Doesn't a pub in Melbourne do exactly that).

We live in a commercial world, if it brings in money it will take priorty over something that doesn't - simple, sad yes, but that's the way business works.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 04:08 (Ref:1725888)   #22
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Rev
Hazza and Sizzle, you are correct. Yes, would love to see the GP's live etc, but it just doesn't add up when it comes to ratings and revenue via advertisers. If they did rate, they would have them on to bring in the max revenue. If people are so desperate, get Foxtel for the bikes and WRC etc and I believe you can also get a dish to receive the Grand Prix's live as well. (Doesn't a pub in Melbourne do exactly that).

We live in a commercial world, if it brings in money it will take priorty over something that doesn't - simple, sad yes, but that's the way business works.
I will repeat what I just finished saying. Ratting had nothing to do with the Chinese GP delay. It would of ended at 6:00pm EST if it was live.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 04:39 (Ref:1725894)   #23
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
I will repeat what I just finished saying. Ratting had nothing to do with the Chinese GP delay. It would of ended at 6:00pm EST if it was live.
Are you saying that ratings only begin in the evening? Also, RPM was on as it needed to be with the lead up to Bathurst. Also, you need to keep in mind what was on the other channels as well.

Just a side issue, in Adelaide we did not get a live telecast of the NRL Grand Final on Sunday night, a call to Ch 9 in Adelaide advised me that it was "not commercially viable". Full Stop. Ratings or commercial viability don't begin or end at any particular time during the day or night. So again, it is most unfortunate, but the GP was not viable for CH10 to have it aired in the afternoon. I would have loved to have watched it live, but...........

You said in your quote above, "Ratings (correct spelling) had nothing to do with the Chiness delay" if that's the case, what was the reason for the delay.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 04:51 (Ref:1725899)   #24
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Rev
Are you saying that ratings only begin in the evening? Also, RPM was on as it needed to be with the lead up to Bathurst. Also, you need to keep in mind what was on the other channels as well.

Just a side issue, in Adelaide we did not get a live telecast of the NRL Grand Final on Sunday night, a call to Ch 9 in Adelaide advised me that it was "not commercially viable". Full Stop. Ratings or commercial viability don't begin or end at any particular time during the day or night. So again, it is most unfortunate, but the GP was not viable for CH10 to have it aired in the afternoon. I would have loved to have watched it live, but...........

You said in your quote above, "Ratings (correct spelling) had nothing to do with the Chiness delay" if that's the case, what was the reason for the delay.
So you are telling me that RPM would of rated higher than the Chinese GP? I have no idea why they delayed it. This is Chanel Ten we are talking about. They are very stupid and they hate Motor Racing and they will find any excuse to delay it longer. 10:30pm has still to early for them so they show a carpy 2 hour and 40 minuet movie that was on a couple of mounths ago.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 05:12 (Ref:1725908)   #25
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
So you are telling me that RPM would of rated higher than the Chinese GP? I have no idea why they delayed it. This is Chanel Ten we are talking about. They are very stupid and they hate Motor Racing and they will find any excuse to delay it longer. 10:30pm has still to early for them so they show a carpy 2 hour and 40 minuet movie that was on a couple of mounths ago.
RPM has a much more diverse audience than the GP - many rally people would have been watching because; A. Rally of Melb was the lead show prior to RPM and B. it had rally content. It also had (as I said before) the Bathurst preview. and so on.

I suppose we could go on and on and on and on...... but we wont please everybody.

Finally, mabs_nsx, how many times have you attended Rally Australia? And are you intending to go this year?