Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 4 Nov 2006, 21:03 (Ref:1757896)   #1
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allmendinger happy with his decision

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55500

a driver has to do what a driver has to do.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1761873)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
PT's views on it: I apologise if you have to be an Autosport subscriber, I am unsure though.

http://www.autosport.com/journal/article.php/id/823

Here's a snippet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Tracy
On the morning before qualifying, I got a smartass text message from him saying, "Hey PT, what kind of plane should I buy?" So I was sitting watching qualifying and he didn't make the cut, so I sent him back a message, "Forget planes, I'd start worrying about how to ****ing qualify. Bill Elliott outqualified you, and you told me he sucks." Strangely enough, I never heard anything back from him.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 9 Nov 2006 at 22:32. Reason: Would help to post the link knowlesy, you turnip!
Old 9 Nov 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1762050)   #3
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lol! Tracy can be a bit of a pain in the bum, but AJ seems to be a little you know what

Great stuff.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 22:23 (Ref:1762080)   #4
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's funny! I knew there was a reason I liked Paul Tracy so much.

J.D.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1763481)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You gotta love Tracy. I agree with what he said... Silly arrogance from AJ.
Old 18 Nov 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1769246)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Knowles, why did Tracy get injured and what did JPM have to do with it?
Old 18 Nov 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1769265)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, PT's story....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Tracy
To clear up the confusion as to why I won't be racing in Mexico, let's set the record straight. What actually happened was that I had a couple of beers while watching [Juan Pablo] Montoya in the Busch race on TV, and had started to fall asleep. So I decided to go out on an ATV on the desert trails at the back of my house.

The end result wasn't pretty. I misjudged a bump, and suddenly the freakin' thing had its way with me like a 300-pound man in San Quentin. On top.
Everything PT says makes me laugh somehow!
Old 31 Mar 2007, 13:03 (Ref:1880427)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

More kind words for AJ from Paul's latest Autosport column:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT
Speaking of teammates, AJ Allmendinger finally got into a Nextel Cup race last weekend. He didn't last very long, and I'm not sure how many points you get for finishing 40th, but I guess it's progress. To be honest, I'm not surprised to see the kid struggling.
Old 31 Mar 2007, 14:50 (Ref:1880471)   #9
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul Paul Paul...

Was there an in betwee period between "Skinny nerdy kid" and "Big shaved head killing machine?"
Old 31 Mar 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1880585)   #10
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haha, AJ's being a total twit to Paul, but I think we know which one of them got a swelled head first! Retaliate in kind, as they say. Paul's hilarious though.
Old 31 Mar 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1880587)   #11
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Paul Paul Paul...

Was there an in betwee period between "Skinny nerdy kid" and "Big shaved head killing machine?"
No, he was repressing the killing machine even when he had those big, dorky glasses. He got LASIK surgery and a personal trainer one offseason and has been acting like a butthead ever since.

Anyway, AJ qualified for the race again this weekend at Martinsville. It tells me that Toyota has put itself together with the Car of Tomorrow, but it's too bad for him that the new car is being phased in at the tracks he probably would struggle the most at.
Old 31 Mar 2007, 18:25 (Ref:1880598)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yep, AJ is moving up the grid!

It's good to see him in the races, that is after all the only way to get acclimatised to a series.

Still annoyed at him ditching Forsythe though.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 01:07 (Ref:1880840)   #13
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Yep, AJ is moving up the grid!

It's good to see him in the races, that is after all the only way to get acclimatised to a series.

Still annoyed at him ditching Forsythe though.
I just love the way he got dumped for being a slow piece of you know what, was promptly picked up by Jerry's team and won three in a row.

Yeah take that, guys.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1880988)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It shows the importance of the team around you doesn't it? Forsythe obviously made him happier and it showed on track. Although Forsythe are a bit better than RuSport.

I don't think he was dumped for lack of speed, more he was a complete headcase. The amount of points he threw away through brain fade (particularly in 2005) was astonishing and such a shame.

So anyways, Forsythe saved his career and he repaid them by leaving for the pay cheque.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1881053)   #15
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Oh yeah! I remember the "incident" with SeaBass @ Montreal.

hehhehe, oh AJ you goof ball you.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 13:13 (Ref:1881070)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Edmonton, throwing away a win in the dying laps by hitting a wall. Etc...
Old 3 Apr 2007, 07:53 (Ref:1882493)   #17
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Montreal was far more exciting, shutting the door on SeaBass when they were not really racing for position (Or was it the other way round?)
Old 25 May 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1921295)   #18
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thought I'd check up on Allmendinger (I'm a Champ Car guy you know); what's the general oppinion? Is he better off in a lowly position in NASCAR than running at the front of the CC field? Will he be able to progress in his stock car career? And so on.
Old 25 May 2007, 22:19 (Ref:1921298)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He seems to be moving forawrd bit by bit. NASCAR is a long haul thing though, so it's hard to tell right now.

However, I am still annoyed he turned his back on Forsythe and wish him every lack of success for the future.
Old 27 May 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1922059)   #20
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's improving some, but still isn't having too great of a season. He's made 4 out of 11 races and is 47th in points after the last race. A lot of problem is that he's running in a Toyota and their results in general have not been good so far. As a comparison his teammate Brian Vickers who has several years of stock car experience has made 5 out of 11 races with one top-10 (Toyota's only top-10 so far) and is 43rd in points. So basically his not running the best isn't all his fault.

J.D.
Old 27 May 2007, 14:07 (Ref:1922124)   #21
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see both Red Bull drivers made it into the Coke 600.. Shows they have good qualifying speeds on the 1.5mile tracks