Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 13 Nov 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1764740)   #1
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Decals

My brother and I need to dress up his 993 Turbo for the le run to Le Mans next year (perhaps 'need' overstates the case...)

the car's paintwork is pristine- are there decals that can be applied and then removed leaving no trace whatsoever??

cheers for any help.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 13:10 (Ref:1764960)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Try sending a PM to Al Weyman as I believe he does that for a living?
Old 13 Nov 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1764986)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This seems to be the thing to do. I saw a modernish Porsche (I think) last year that proudly boasted 2,000 miles in seven days or something on a trip to Le Mans. Hardly Long Way Round!

Anyway, that is off topic. What scheme are you going for?

I've never put decals on a car that I was planning to remove. Although I've taken some off and they have come off easily; with a bit off hot water and polish has brought the surface underneath up to a decent standard. However it sounds like you need better than that.

I've heard that treatment beforehand with polish helps removal, although I've never wanted to try this!

Which ever way you end up going you could try a small tester on a discrete part of the car before June.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1765045)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Before applying decals I always polish the aerea where they go. Then I damp it down before applying the decal. This allows me to squeegee any bubbles out and of course the final position of the decal can be adjusted. Then leave it to dry and it cures on to the surface.

To remove I apply a hairdryer or some other heat source and the decal will come off, leaving a surface that will polish up again.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1765235)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The polish idea is genius! I've applied a lot of decals to various trucks and vans over the past few years and, although it's pretty foolproof, it can be a little nervewracking!
Old 14 Nov 2006, 09:48 (Ref:1765687)   #6
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Anyway, that is off topic. What scheme are you going for?
not sure yet- the car is a sort of aubergine colour - like this:

http://911porsche.free.fr/page-princ...o/993turbo.jpg

ideally a 'quote' of a real livery - don't know any on that base colour though...