Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 Apr 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1881203)   #1
briscaf1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
briscaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you ever watched brisca f1 stock cars??

The new season for the BRISCA F1 STOCK CARS begins next saturday at coventry and this will be shown on channel 5.
I was wondering how many of you guys know what stock cars are and how many have seen them in action??
If you go to this site www.myspace.com/briscaf1 you can watch some videos of them in action. What did you think of them???
cheers
Old 1 Apr 2007, 18:09 (Ref:1881228)   #2
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like Brisca F1 - really annoys me that the Thunder 500 at Ipswich always clashes with Le Mans - you see I absolutley love National Hot Rods...
Old 1 Apr 2007, 18:20 (Ref:1881242)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, Brisca's not bad. Seen them loads of times over the years, but not for a while now, they still good then?
Old 1 Apr 2007, 18:25 (Ref:1881249)   #4
briscaf1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
yea i like the national hotrods, i saw them at birmingham last month actually. but stock cars are my passion. did you know the hotrods are racing at coventry this year!!! i thought they couldnt race on shale??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
I like Brisca F1 - really annoys me that the Thunder 500 at Ipswich always clashes with Le Mans - you see I absolutley love National Hot Rods...
Old 1 Apr 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1881251)   #5
briscaf1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
yes they are on a real up at the moment actually. Coventry next week should see around 80 cars attending and the racing is really competative at the moment with any number of drivers capable of winning the finals!!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:09 (Ref:1881525)   #6
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nationals on shale? Bad move I think
Old 2 Apr 2007, 21:36 (Ref:1882308)   #7
briscaf1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
Why would that be mate?? The world final is very often on shale and this has been the case since around 1954. Almost all the drivers that would be in the race drive on both surfaces all season so it is a fair way of doing things. You'll be pleased to know its being held a wimbledon next year though!!
Old 2 Apr 2007, 23:43 (Ref:1882370)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Why do they call them stockcars? They are less stock than NASCAR stockers...

However, National HotRods? YES PLEASE! I actually have a NHR game on my PC, lol. Full online as well.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 00:29 (Ref:1882381)   #9
Jason99m
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
Jason99m should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Why do they call them stockcars? They are less stock than NASCAR stockers...

However, National HotRods? YES PLEASE! I actually have a NHR game on my PC, lol. Full online as well.
Simple really in the 50's when stockcars were first started in the UK they were constructed from stock standard cars and have evolved into what we have now much the same as NASCAR has evolved. Intrestingly enough stockcars based on those in the UK were introduced to New Zealand in the late 50's and evolved to be something completely different again.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 13:21 (Ref:1882698)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have seen WoO Sprintcar racing before, this looks similar, just with shorter tracks.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 14:06 (Ref:1882722)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Quote:
Why would that be mate??
think you misunderstood me, Nationals always run on sealed surfaces and the world final is always at Ipswich!

National Hot Rods are more like NASCAR Brisca F1 is more like sprint cars.

I like both but my preference is NHRPA, just a bit more finesse.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 16:29 (Ref:1882800)   #12
briscaf1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
oh ok i see what you mean now lol!!

i think the NHR and BRISCA F1's are bot the top of their respective trees, if you get what i mean. i have great respect for anyone who takes part in any form of racing though.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1882944)   #13
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
I've long been tempted by lightning rods or 2ltrs
Old 3 Apr 2007, 23:27 (Ref:1882993)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I would think that a lot of current racers have cut there teeth on the ovals. They always give good value for money for the racers, and spectators can see all of the action like Brands indy and Lydden. I can remember in the 70s it was almost impossible to get in to some of the tracks like Eastbourne and Wimbledon as they were packed to capacity. Don't forget Dereck Warwick was Superstock champion in his early days, and I can remember Gerry Marshall giving it a go as a bit of PR . Amazing days !
Old 4 Apr 2007, 12:33 (Ref:1883339)   #15
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Shame the current regime cannot fathom modern marketing to make it work so well these days.
Old 4 Apr 2007, 13:35 (Ref:1883381)   #16
briscaf1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
Yea thats true, although they put on an impressive display at the autosport show in january and got a lot of good press coverage. A step in the right direction at least
Old 4 Apr 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1883633)   #17
briscaf1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
Gerry Marshall giving it a go as a bit of PR . Amazing days !
Yea David Leslie and Tiff Needell have also driven stock cars in the 80's. And at Long Eaton they used to have a celebrity special car which drivers from all forms of racing used when they appeared as guests!! Good days indeed
Old 4 Apr 2007, 21:10 (Ref:1883663)   #18
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I wish the HotRods would run on larger ovals, I'm sure it would be absolutely awesome to watch.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 20:56 (Ref:1884442)   #19
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seen Brisca F1 and National Hot Rods at the Racewall and also on the Knockhill tri-oval.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1884462)   #20
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
National hot rods are due at Lydden on the 620 metres oval on Sept.8th.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 21:40 (Ref:1884466)   #21
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
BriSCa F1s and F2s are at Wimbledon on April 15th. First time for F2s at Plough Lane (expect a big turnout).
Old 5 Apr 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1884479)   #22
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Seem to remember youve knocked around in younger days in this or related Formulas Rod?
Old 5 Apr 2007, 23:13 (Ref:1884530)   #23
briscaf1
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
BriSCa F1s and F2s are at Wimbledon on April 15th. First time for F2s at Plough Lane (expect a big turnout).
Yea should be a cracking meeting. there should be a good turn out for both formulas because its the first time for the F2's, and the F1 World Final will be at Wimbledon next year!!! Cant wait
Old 7 Apr 2007, 13:41 (Ref:1885425)   #24
boyracer019
Rookie

boyracer019 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going tonight to Coventry - always a good meeting
Old 8 Apr 2007, 09:35 (Ref:1886208)   #25
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Any news or results from Coventry. There used to be a good site (F1 stockcars) but it appears to have closed.
I raced what is now National hot rods and more recently Camso V8s. Have been offered a test in a BriSCa F1 which should happen soon.