Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 May 2001, 15:36 (Ref:90262)   #1
John Batchelor
Racer

John Batchelor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "B&Qsi"

Well, you've all finally done it! You have achieved cult status! The top brass at B&Q were very impressed with the level of support that the team was given on Monday. So much so, that they have decided to set up "The B&Qsi" similar to the "Tifosi" but more fun! There will be hats banners etc etc available to all interested at Oulton, with a lot more idea's to come! Well done one and all and thank you all very much for everything at the weekend. How about those results then, Nick second and the old man of the team ninth! The whole team were jumping up and down in the garages laughing, crying, covering each other in Nick's birthday cake! All very emotional after they put so much work in to set the team up in only 3 months!
Old 8 May 2001, 16:28 (Ref:90284)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Cool! Do we receive special status as the founding members then ? A free lunch in your hostility area on raceday perhaps ?
Old 8 May 2001, 16:30 (Ref:90286)   #3
John Batchelor
Racer

Maybe we could have a founders party one evening at a future race. Drinks could even be on the house!
Old 8 May 2001, 16:34 (Ref:90287)   #4
John Batchelor
Racer

Actually, that bit about free drinks........I've just remembered what state some of you were in on Monday morning (and you all know who you are!!)and I think we will have to ask the sponsors for an increase in the budget!
Old 8 May 2001, 17:02 (Ref:90299)   #5
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about a new poster?
I will provide a picture copyright free!
mail me John and we can discuss!!

Kelvin
Old 8 May 2001, 17:15 (Ref:90308)   #6
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by John B & Q
Actually, that bit about free drinks........I've just remembered what state some of you were in on Monday morning (and you all know who you are!!)and I think we will have to ask the sponsors for an increase in the budget!
No idea what you mean John sounds a nice idea!
Old 8 May 2001, 17:18 (Ref:90312)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds great John! I'll not be at Oulton until late on Saturday, so maybe after the night race at Silverstone ? hehe! Bet you wished you'd never said that now!

Poster ? Sounds like an excellent idea! How about seeing if we can't get hold of that photo which featured John signing aytographs in pitlane walkabout Sunday, and the two clowns in the silly hats...? Maybe you'd even have space for a 10 Tenths plug on there too ?
Old 8 May 2001, 17:22 (Ref:90316)   #8
John Batchelor
Racer

All sounds great so far, keep the idea's coming and I'll put them to the sponsors this week. They really want this to be driven by the members, so all things are up for consideration. (Kelvin I'll be in touch on that one)
Old 8 May 2001, 17:27 (Ref:90322)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
John, I really think that the opportunity is there to make a big impression with the fans who, after all, want to come to the BTCC meets for some fun and a bit of good old fashioned showmanship... Cleland has been gone too long, and now the 'fans favourite' Neal has gone too... there's a niche to be filled there...

You don't have to be the best driver in the world to be popular with the fans... Matt Neal proved that
Old 8 May 2001, 17:46 (Ref:90332)   #10
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done John! Is it something good about the name John? All of yous seem to have luck. It goes to show that if you take time out to come on to forums like these and 'talk' to people, you really get them on your side. Well done again.

Hey - just a thought. Do you think the same thing could have happened to Menu if he'd come on here????
Old 8 May 2001, 17:56 (Ref:90337)   #11
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad the plan came together for you John! I have some piccies of you that I can email to you when I have them developed and scanned in if you would like them.

Thank you very much for my hat. AND it had kisses on it

Originally posted by John B & Q

Quote:

Hehe. I can just see it "B&Q have had to pull out as sponsors due to lack of funds" followed by alot of guilty 10 Tenths faces!
Old 8 May 2001, 18:06 (Ref:90341)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Oh my god, what have we done. We've created a monster Just don't let this new found 'cult' status go to your head.

If the gang being there has helped smooth a few palms with the sponsors then glad we could have helped.

BTW what happened to the 'bang and screw..' decals, they suddenly disappeared on Monday ?
Old 8 May 2001, 18:15 (Ref:90347)   #13
Lorna
Veteran

Good point, Redshoes! What happened, John?
Old 8 May 2001, 18:19 (Ref:90349)   #14
John Batchelor
Racer

No Chance that it will EVER go to my head.....I promise ( I spent too much time trying to set the team up!!) as for the B&S logo, we are considering a change in livery, nothing drastic but when we have it sorted I want everything to be in the right place for the whole season, including at ten-tenths logo.
There is no doubt, and I mean it, that the whole lot of you will deserve a big part of the credit for what we have done so far.
Old 8 May 2001, 18:30 (Ref:90362)   #15
Lorna
Veteran

Is there a Team B&Q website? I am sure there are quite a few of us that would happily display a banner on our own websites.
Old 8 May 2001, 18:34 (Ref:90365)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark

I liked the Bang & Screw decals...!

A Team B&Q website sounds good... be sure to check out the forum affiliates link above!
Attached Thumbnails
pict0004.jpg  
Old 8 May 2001, 18:46 (Ref:90370)   #17
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I wished I had keep the air horn.
I didn't hear any from the other side of the track - mainly because there was about 10 in the grandstand!!!!

To John - a pleasure to meet you as always - thanks for the hat - it's fun wearing 2 at once.
Glad the sponsors were happy.
Thanks for the acknowledgement as you drove past but there was no need to do that spin - I was impressed already!!

I have to agree with you all - John will nicely fill the gap left by Matt & John Cleland.
Old 8 May 2001, 19:00 (Ref:90382)   #18
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
super idea john - im sure the entire ten tenths team will definately take u up on a party it doesnt take much to get this lot going!!!

just a bit of wine, more wine more wine oh and baileys>>>>

a website would be great too - anyone gonna offer to produce one - seem to remember a alan hyde website created 4 him!! by some of you lot i think

Will you be at Donington on Friday John
Old 8 May 2001, 19:11 (Ref:90392)   #19
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love the picture Craig - I was wondering what happened to the Bang and Screw after everyone else was going on about it.
See, I said we needed a Team B&Q website
I was completely shattered when I got back from Thruxton last night and couldn't be bothered posting much on the forums. Now I've got most of my photos back and I'm catching up on the forums, that's enough to put me back in complete over excitement mode
Old 8 May 2001, 19:11 (Ref:90393)   #20
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to add my congrats on the teams first podium finish. The right day for it to all fall into place. I don't think Nick could belive his eye's when on the parade lap by Seagrave there was the huge B & Q banner and an ear shattering blast of air horns.

It was a great to meet you, all the best for Oulton, I will have to miss that round, but all going well I will be at Silverstone.

Simon

PS, If you don't mind me asking. What's the 'correct' spelling of your surname ? the programme has B&Q, B-&-Q and B & Q. The fan club ought to know !
Old 8 May 2001, 19:28 (Ref:90408)   #21
John Batchelor
Racer

Hi SL,
The official spelling is B-and-Q, but anything will do and B&Q is easiest!! Thanks again!
Old 8 May 2001, 19:30 (Ref:90409)   #22
John Batchelor
Racer

Hi Les, obviously for you I'm in a spin!!
Old 8 May 2001, 19:38 (Ref:90414)   #23
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SUPERB IDEAE!!!

ok john get this one - first just remind you me and craig with barmy army union jack hats with b&q caps placed on top - we need blow up hammers and drills etc etc to add to the picture - im sure the B&Q bang and screw crew should have a few!! any chance what do ya think...
Old 8 May 2001, 19:43 (Ref:90419)   #24
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
B and Q Picture...
http://www.moto-build.com/btcc/thruxton/feature2.jpg

ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT (c)2001 Kelvin Fagan
Old 8 May 2001, 19:49 (Ref:90423)   #25
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent Kelvin