Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 7 Jul 2007, 10:13 (Ref:1956761)   #1
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pepsi 400

Bout time this thread went up

Qualifying was washed out, starting order is by owner points, which means Boris Said who was sitting on the pole with a few cars to go misses out I hope he runs another race to make up for this one...

Busch Race got rained out too and will be ran 9am (I think) Daytona time.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 7 Jul 2007, 10:50 (Ref:1956787)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
NASN2 are showing this live (presuming no cricket overrun!) from 1230-0400 this evening/tomorrow morning. Any idea if we get an 'as live' re-run??
Old 7 Jul 2007, 14:16 (Ref:1956904)   #3
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The fastest car all week is not racing tonight, and that's an absolute embarrassment. Boris Said got the worst break in NASCAR history if you ask me, and it's another example of why NASCAR needs to do some serious retooling to its qualifying procedures. Without even mentioning the top-35 rule, if the qualifying session is past 50% complete when inclement weather arrives, the results should stand, and the rest of the field should qualify at the earliest the weather permits. They were three cars away from filling the field when the rains came, over 75% through the entries, and NASCAR wipes the whole thing out, sending a lot of very fast cars home. Ridiculous.
Old 7 Jul 2007, 14:20 (Ref:1956905)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Flake
The fastest car all week is not racing tonight, and that's an absolute embarrassment. Boris Said got the worst break in NASCAR history if you ask me, and it's another example of why NASCAR needs to do some serious retooling to its qualifying procedures. Without even mentioning the top-35 rule, if the qualifying session is past 50% complete when inclement weather arrives, the results should stand, and the rest of the field should qualify at the earliest the weather permits. They were three cars away from filling the field when the rains came, over 75% through the entries, and NASCAR wipes the whole thing out, sending a lot of very fast cars home. Ridiculous.
I agree
Old 7 Jul 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1956938)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It does seem a sick joke really.

There was an interview with Boris Said last night and, to his credit, he seemed very philosophical and easy going about it. But really he should be fuming.

It cannot be hard to alter the structure to alleviate such problems. I suspect this will trigger some changes.
Old 7 Jul 2007, 18:43 (Ref:1957038)   #6
StuiE
Veteran

If it were Dale Jr there would be changes already... Your solution sounds perfect Fish Flake.

I dont see why they can't turn the qualifying into the impound style they do in the Busch series, qualify right before race if regular qualifying gets rained out.

Busch series ticketholders got a score today, free entry to the Cup race, you have to go to the 'superstretch' (I assume that's the back straight) but still, pretty good deal, only problem being you would have to be there for a good, oh 13 hrs....

Was hoping I would be home in time to see the busch race on Nascar.com, just came in at 2:30am and it's all over what am I going to do with all my energy now!!

05 - Peter Brock
Old 7 Jul 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1957113)   #7
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unfortunately, Boris Said is all too familiar with being hosed by sanctioning bodies. He knows the right things to say in such a moment.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 02:21 (Ref:1957243)   #8
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No one here for the race? To be fair, i'm alternating with LiveEarth and NASCAR...but i'm here...
Old 8 Jul 2007, 02:21 (Ref:1957244)   #9
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Poor Stirling...
Old 8 Jul 2007, 03:18 (Ref:1957249)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
That, ladies and gentle folk

IS A MOTOR RACE

Oh yeah, I heart Daytona.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 03:34 (Ref:1957251)   #11
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will rate the race a 9 out of 10. You just will not see a closer finish.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 03:35 (Ref:1957252)   #12
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is the link to the unofficial results.

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2007...nofficial.html
Old 8 Jul 2007, 03:51 (Ref:1957261)   #13
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The last caution saw the Roush cars and the Hendrick cars all finding themselves at the front of the field. During the tussle for positions near the finish, Roush's stable managed to get in line on the upper groove in the final lap to push McMurray to victory. If Kurt Busch didn't shoehorn himself between his brother and Jeff, Kyle Busch might have had the help to stay inches ahead at the finish line.

Restrictor plate racing: it's all about having a friend on your rear bumper.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 06:57 (Ref:1957308)   #14
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good too see jamie mcmurray back in victory lane - its been a while...

disappointing run for ambrose in the busch race - thats 2 bad races in a row, still 8th in points though.... time for a good run marcos, momentum mate

Last edited by gomick; 8 Jul 2007 at 07:00.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 09:36 (Ref:1957401)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
No one here for the race? To be fair, i'm alternating with LiveEarth and NASCAR...but i'm here...
Good combination. An event for a better green world and the fuel comsuming V8s.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 10:24 (Ref:1957435)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmmm....Live 8 or NASCAR. Tough one that.

Well, I watched the first half but I couldn't stay up until four in the morning. So I atempted to watch the rest of the race on Sky+ this morning only to find the last 14 laps were cut off (forgot to tape the programme after NASCAR scheduled finish).

It's a long wait for the repeat on Thursday.

Stewart wasn't happy with Denny Hamlin, anyways!
Old 8 Jul 2007, 10:40 (Ref:1957448)   #17
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Hmmmm....Live 8 or NASCAR. Tough one that.
I didn't realise TV in the UK was 2 years behind So how was the 2005 Pepsi 400??
Old 8 Jul 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1957449)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It was brilliant.

8 is just quicker to type than Earth.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1957497)   #19
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hehe, All the spotters were telling their drivers to stay away from the 42 car. Harvick should have paid a little more attention.

Jamie drove well. Seems like no matter where Gordon is during the race you can almost count on him being up front in the last 20 laps. Tony needs some lessons from Jr. When Jr screws up he admits it.
Old 9 Jul 2007, 10:27 (Ref:1958424)   #20
StuiE
Veteran

Oh man that was good!!

I only caught from aobut lap 60+, so I didn't see Stewart/Hamlin, will look for vids on that now...

still, damn good race, Kyle Busch ran real well, whichever team picks himup will have a real score IMO. I thought Bowyer might win the thing at one point (with so many first time winners this year).

The CoT had better be as good as this..

05 - Peter Brock
Old 9 Jul 2007, 14:31 (Ref:1958675)   #21
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me or does every accident involving Tony Stewart seem to be someone elses fault? He said that Denny just stopped but Tony had 4 or 5 cars lined up behind him where Denny was out on his own.. of course he'll be faster? just my opinion anyway.
Old 12 Jul 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1961771)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Just got the chance to see the final part of the race....wow, that is what it's all about! 0.005 of a second....

Two great finishes at Daytona this season, fitting end for the old shape car!
Old 13 Jul 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1962736)   #23
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hoped Kyle did the double of winning 2 NASCAR races on the same track on the same day. He came within an inch or 2!

Good race. I still don't know how no one hit the #38.

But Mcmurray deserved the win after having to pit for crossing the yellow line and making the ground back up.