Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Aug 2007, 21:54 (Ref:1980930)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A new racing sim contender... from Papyrus!

Well not exactly Papyrus, but the company that was formed from thier demise. The sim is called iRacing, and looks rather pretty:

http://media.iracing.com/downloads/i...e_16001200.jpg

No idea when it will be released I'm afraid.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 22:18 (Ref:1980967)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like it will have some good money backing it and looks like John Henry has caught the racing bug as well.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 03:11 (Ref:1982121)   #3
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Those guys are certainly taking their time in development, and I don't think it's because of a lack of funding. iRacing is being marketed as a professional tool first and an armchair sim second; I am then assuming that they are making sure that their finished product is as detailed as technology allows. If Papyrus' reputation is any indicator, this is going to be stunning and difficult as all heck, and worth whatever wait it takes.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 09:25 (Ref:1982307)   #4
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
and difficult as all heck
Why are people always equating a good simulation to being difficult? GPL was/is difficult because such cars were difficult to drive, not because it was a good sim. If a car is easy to drive in real life, it should be easy to drive in a sim. That would not make the game arcadey, but spot on. Difficulty is not something a good simulation needs to be. As a matter of fact, a bad sim with strange reactions to driver input could be immensely difficult, which however would not yet make it an accurate simulation.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1982742)   #5
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Challenging" probably should have been the more appropriate term.