Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

View Poll Results: Robby Gordon...
It was fair enough, Ambrose spun him, i'd do the same! 5 5.43%
Really wasn't on, I can understand his anger but that was a little childish. 20 21.74%
Robby is a dirty driver, he should be suspended for that! 40 43.48%
Man, Robby is Cool. He Gave Marcos a Cup ride. 16 17.39%
I like polls. 11 11.96%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Aug 2007, 23:10 (Ref:1981059)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is fairdinkum...and then there's Robby Gordon.

Whats the verdict?
Old 4 Aug 2007, 23:38 (Ref:1981087)   #2
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Whats the verdict?
The verdict is..... Robby Gordon is a DOG !
Old 4 Aug 2007, 23:42 (Ref:1981094)   #3
Ross Cadell
Racer

Ross Cadell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets see, move the race 15000Km south west and put them in front of CAM's i'd say

Ambrose - exclusion from results and $10,000 for spinning Gordon under yellow
Gordons - Drive through for overtaking under yellow, exclusion from results for failure to obey black flag. $10,000 for failing to follow direction of official. $50,000 and exclusion from rest of season for the last incident.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 23:46 (Ref:1981097)   #4
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I nearly chose option 5, but through my current anger, the only answer is #4!
Send him out to Dakar in his hummer permanently I reckon... Less cars to run into out there..
Old 5 Aug 2007, 03:36 (Ref:1981175)   #5
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robby should be suspended for ignoring the NASCAR officials warnings. However I'm not sure he was aware that the yellow had come out when he passed Ambrose. In that case it really wasn't fair for Ambrose to punt him either, although knowing Ambrose that was probably entirely accidental. I can understand Robby being a little upset, but he took it too far out of line. However it is nothing out of the ordinary knowing him. I have a feeling that his days in Cup and probably NASCAR are numbered. He's had a lot of trouble finding sponsorship and this will not make it easier.

J.D.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 04:13 (Ref:1981188)   #6
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The best bit is Knowlesy is in bed with siphilus or something, meaning he missed on
A) Some excitement
B) Some choice Robby bashing.
C) Some excitable Aussie whining. (Just kidding folks)
Old 5 Aug 2007, 07:17 (Ref:1981227)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
robby was as professional as he always has been - is he a spoilt/rich kid?

kinda new that he was going to do that ambrose, pretty sure marcos new it too.... very disappointing & nascar ( ) shouldn't have re-started the race until all cars where in correct order - very disappointing
Old 5 Aug 2007, 07:57 (Ref:1981241)   #8
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's pure Robbie, if you racing him at the end of an event it will always be spin to win.

For mine, the yellow with four to go. He moved MA out of the way (as per Robbie's normal method) and was probably making a legit move but he had to take more (all of) the curb on the way in which just bounced him accorss the chicane and compromised his exit.

Marcos I recon was concerntrating on getting his exit right to jump down the inside of Robbie along the next straight and probably hadn't even seen the yellow flag that would appear, up track.

Robbie's come off the corner a little out of control (seen the yellow) and jumped off the gas to block MA grinning from ear to ear (at this point anyway). MA on the loud pedal sees Robbie slow and goes to brake (if you watch the replay the car dips before hitting Robbie) but by now it's all too later and around goes Robbie under yellow.

The last part was just pure unprofessional behaviour at it's best from someone who you would consider an experienced veteran.

When a person lets thier emotions get the better of them on a race track it's just dangerous. No one was hurt this time but you'd be a bit concerned to be racing against someone with that mind set at a higher speed.

The guy should be made an example of and suspended for a good period for his actions and fined a large amount for disobeying officials.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 09:32 (Ref:1981294)   #9
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfloopy
Robby should be suspended for ignoring the NASCAR officials warnings. However I'm not sure he was aware that the yellow had come out when he passed Ambrose. In that case it really wasn't fair for Ambrose to punt him either, although knowing Ambrose that was probably entirely accidental. I can understand Robby being a little upset, but he took it too far out of line. However it is nothing out of the ordinary knowing him. I have a feeling that his days in Cup and probably NASCAR are numbered. He's had a lot of trouble finding sponsorship and this will not make it easier.

J.D.
Totally agree.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 5 Aug 2007, 09:57 (Ref:1981319)   #10
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted: Robby is a dirty driver, he should be suspended for that!
Old 5 Aug 2007, 10:44 (Ref:1981368)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am delighted to see that Robby Gordon (the spiritual Sonoma winner ) has proven once again what a world class buffoon he is.

They should kick him out entirely IMO, but I may be biased.

Hazza - I refute your syphilis suggestion. It was actually attempted suicide over F1 matters.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 11:23 (Ref:1981410)   #12
Bigem
Rookie

Bigem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps NASCAR should book Robbie in for some "anger management" classes! He should be booted for the rest of the season, fined half a million dollars and have his feet beaten with a big stick!! I was up until this morning a Robbie Gordon fan! ******!!
Old 5 Aug 2007, 14:00 (Ref:1981531)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When he won his first race at Richmond a few years back I remember he took the leader out on purpose to win. Got away with it so I doubt NASCAR will do much which sucks as the way he was driving looked as though he had committed grand theft auto and had a dozen police cars and a copter chasing him.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 14:02 (Ref:1981533)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Doubt NASCAR will do much?

I would be surprised to see him appearing at Pocono this evening at least...
Old 5 Aug 2007, 15:13 (Ref:1981641)   #15
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigem
Perhaps NASCAR should book Robbie in for some "anger management" classes! He should be booted for the rest of the season, fined half a million dollars and have his feet beaten with a big stick!! I was up until this morning a Robbie Gordon fan! ******!!
Might be a seat available in Nelson Piquet's class
Old 5 Aug 2007, 16:07 (Ref:1981711)   #16
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's been banned from the Pocono race and the garage area. So he won't be at the track at all today. There's going to be additional penalties announced Tuesday. Expect at least a fine, points docked, and probation if not more.

J.D.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 17:25 (Ref:1981766)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hasn't Robby just been interviewed at the track?
Old 5 Aug 2007, 17:30 (Ref:1981769)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
mmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfloopy
J.D.
Don't mind if I do... very good of you, old boy.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1981848)   #19
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was enjoying the race from Montreal and hoping Marcos was going to get his 1st Busch win, then in the last 4 laps it descended into a complete farce. I can understand Gordon being unimpressed at NASCAR sending him to p17 but nothing justifies his moronic actions - the officials decision is final. Had he raced Marcos fairly in the last 2 laps then perhaps he'd have a case, but just taking Ambrose out when effectively disqualified is one of the most disgusting acts of driving I've seen in 19 years of following motorsport.

What is worse is that it was blatantly obvious what Gordon was going to do on the restart yet NASCAR didn't red flag it and DQ him beforehand. As it stands Marcos lost a richly deserved victory due to the stupidity of Gordon. I jolly well hope that NASCAR throws the book at him this week.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 07:51 (Ref:1982222)   #20
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lets hope marcos gets that win at watkins glen this weekend - will robby be there
Old 6 Aug 2007, 08:32 (Ref:1982255)   #21
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
We'll find out on tuesday.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 08:38 (Ref:1982262)   #22
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm robby does look like Crash Bandicoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 6 Aug 2007, 08:40 (Ref:1982263)   #23
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Who? Robby Gordon is Rick Kelly?
Old 6 Aug 2007, 11:24 (Ref:1982409)   #24
Sweet Corn
Racer

Sweet Corn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcos and Gordon Happy Fun Land (merged)

I have heard that Robby Gordon dudded Marcos big time it seems that Marcus was comfortably leading when under yellow flags Robby Gordon decided he should be in front then he had a spin (not sure what caused it) then under yellows he passed cars came up behind Marcos and rammed him off the track robbying him of a sure win .
Old 6 Aug 2007, 11:27 (Ref:1982413)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ive seen it sweet corn and its on you tube if you want to see.

but alas the count down now starts

you tube