Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 22 Aug 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1994701)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Franchitti 2007 Indy 500 1:18

Just received the GrandPrixLegends die cast catologue in yesterday and noticed they have the 2007 Indy 500 car of Franchitti due sometime this year.

They say it's only available in the USA and are shipping over 50 models, all of which will be signed by Dario. All for £79.99, does this seem quite good value for a model which was involved in such a race ?
Old 22 Aug 2007, 20:03 (Ref:1994710)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look on ebay for unsigned for around £20, shipping is about the same but it works out cheaper than the standard price they would sell at £44.99 unsigned or whatever rip off they do. I guess if its signed you want £79.99 isn't that bad, but they have pretty much doubled the price. The car livery is nice but Greenlight aren't very good at making models.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 20:05 (Ref:1994711)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At that price I assume it is signed?

If not, it's best to look on eBay. They should be at least half that price, if not a little less.

That is, unless, it is made by some new manufacturer. They are usually made by Action though.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 22:06 (Ref:1994775)   #4
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You could try reading the post rather than looking at the thread title and guessing what the message says!
Old 23 Aug 2007, 06:55 (Ref:1994889)   #5
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do they make any 1/43rd present day IRL or Champ Car models? I can never find any

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 23 Aug 2007, 08:47 (Ref:1994922)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No its just 1:18 and 1:64

unless you want this guy the king..

http://www.chapparrelsdiecast.com/id9.htm
Old 23 Aug 2007, 17:58 (Ref:1995269)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
You could try reading the post rather than looking at the thread title and guessing what the message says!
I did read it twice and still totally missed it. Bad day!

I guess I just don't trust GPL. They have a habit of selling models which they "import in limited numbers from abroad" at ten times the price.

They then compound this by charging too much for postage and taking six weeks to deliver it.

However, signed, that seems reasonable value. Although I'm not a fan of the actual car being signed, I think they should supply a display base with a signed plaque.

I am in picky mode now I see.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 20:16 (Ref:2000333)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I like a car that is actually signed, means the "signer" has actually touched it. i.e Juan Pablo has "touched" the signed car i own

Right, i'll get my coat
Old 30 Aug 2007, 20:20 (Ref:2000336)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I've never been interested in signed stuff...just means nothing to me...

I wouldn't pay twice the usual price for something just because some famous person has stuck some squiggles on it...

Each to their own, I guess.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2000341)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I know what you mean, tho', theoretically, something signed should make it more collectable.

Best value thing i have signed is a signed print of Dario in his '99 Champ Car, cost 30 quid (this came from America, i'm sure that had i bought it in the UK, it would have cost double that!)
Old 30 Aug 2007, 20:36 (Ref:2000352)   #11
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with your sentiments Mr V. I have the 320i of Andy Priaulx on the shelf above my computer, not because I like the BMW really, but because he's British and has signed it. It just means more to me.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 20:45 (Ref:2000365)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I like a car that is actually signed, means the "signer" has actually touched it. i.e Juan Pablo has "touched" the signed car i own

Right, i'll get my coat
I've got it for you, out the door.

I don't mind signed stuff.... although I don't buy it as a general rule and I don't like cars signed as it doesn't look terribly good to me. They don't race with sigs on them and that really would bug me to the grave.

But I do have a rather nice framed photo set of JPM signed though that I got for my 18th birthday four years ago. Really nice that. There's a picture of JPM on the left with a signed plaque underneath and a large picture of him driving to vctory in Monaco in my favourite F1 car, the FW25.

I say 18th birthday, GPL posted it so slowly that it was two months late, but no matter. It got here.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 20:48 (Ref:2000370)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I'd quite like a gear-cog, or something, signed by Michael (having been raced by him somewhere - preferably a win at some cool track or other).

That'd be cool, but other than that I have no interest.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 15:33 (Ref:2000917)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

A gear cog? You really have gone for the obscure there!

I'd want a wing endplate or something. Or an entire car.
Old 31 Aug 2007, 19:10 (Ref:2001018)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I just like genuine race memorabilia of any sort, really (gear-cog was arbitrary). I guess it is the car alternative of the driver-touching-it thing. I like to know that it has run in x-race on x-car, or what have you: exactly what it is does not really matter.

The other month I got one of the front-lefts (including rim) that JPM ran in Nextel at Dover (IIRC, his Nextel debut?).
Old 31 Aug 2007, 22:33 (Ref:2001114)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Made his Cup debut at Homestead last year. He was quite literally on fire (what a great event, must watch that again sometime).

Yeah, know what you mean about race run stuff. To be honest, I like that kind of stuff myself. I must become a marshall someday so I get some bits and bobs for free.
Old 1 Sep 2007, 11:17 (Ref:2001261)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I'd rather have a whole car that was raced and won the Indy 500, a photo of me in the car shaking Dario's hand and then signed somewhere on the side pod (it would be small) now that is what you want!
Old 2 Sep 2007, 00:01 (Ref:2001620)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Made his Cup debut at Homestead last year. He was quite literally on fire (what a great event, must watch that again sometime).
I have just looked through the gumphh, and I have one from Homestead.

I knew it was his first Nextel race, anyway.
Old 2 Sep 2007, 10:42 (Ref:2001745)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

What the hell are you doing with JPM stuff anyways Schummy boy? Send it out to a JPM fan!
Old 2 Sep 2007, 11:11 (Ref:2001766)   #20
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I dunno, Knowls...for a brief moment, I saw a glimpse of motor-racing outwith solipsistic fantasies of Michael and I, in that farm he always talked off...

Alternately, in Bizzaroworld, I love all motorsport and such an item was just a bit hard to resist!

Take your pick!

Last edited by Dutton; 2 Sep 2007 at 11:15.