Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 May 2001, 08:42 (Ref:93922)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the boy fernando speaks...

you HAVE to read this. especially for the most curious bit about ferrari being interested...

http://www.dailyf1.com/en/features/2...y/alonso.shtml

at last! an entirely honest gp driver.
meh. it won't last.
Old 18 May 2001, 09:03 (Ref:93931)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a well-spoken and honest young man St. Fernando is.

Old 18 May 2001, 13:49 (Ref:94013)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody got Button Spice's e-mail address? I'd like him to read this. He could learn a few things from this young man!

P.S. Excellent pin-up too!
Old 18 May 2001, 14:10 (Ref:94016)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

i fear by the time he gets to a decent team, he could have been told to shut it, and only speak when he's spoken too. interesting about being put in a prost too. no wonder he legged it in the other direction...

(did you know there's actually a place in spain called saint fernando? hey, i was seeing where the alavez football team were from at the time...)
Old 18 May 2001, 16:11 (Ref:94045)   #5
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone called Alonso plays for Alavez. Any relation?
Old 18 May 2001, 16:13 (Ref:94047)   #6
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso also said that he's only contracted to Minardi for this year, but Stoddart said he was there for 2002 too.
Old 18 May 2001, 21:22 (Ref:94118)   #7
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
19 years old?? Crums!
Old 19 May 2001, 03:00 (Ref:94191)   #8
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does he not look somewhat like Alesi?
A very honest, straightforward, young man. Just wait till Ferrari gets ahold of him!
Old 19 May 2001, 03:43 (Ref:94199)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Obligado, Bella.
Old 19 May 2001, 16:24 (Ref:94283)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
btw in case anyone missed it, there is a small piece about saint fernando in f1 racing. mr windsor has done some research, but not enough.
he forgot to mention fernando won his second ever car race. that's pretty important, right?
Old 19 May 2001, 16:53 (Ref:94290)   #11
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the link, Bella.

Interesting interview - and yes, he is completely honest. A couple of years in F1 could change that, but he doesn't go for all that PR-speak in the same way Button did last year.

And a very nice picture as well.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 May 2001, 21:57 (Ref:94341)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty young guy.

But please, he must go to some other place where he can mature with confidence. Ferrari isn't the right place. Jordan maybe the best choice, with the top teams I would risk Williams, but there's no room for him there for the next years. At Minardi he's safe enough but unfortunately with no addition to his career in the further stages.
Unless, Minardi is the next great thing in F1 (in our dreams) !!!!!
Old 20 May 2001, 06:03 (Ref:94414)   #13
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice Interview. Fernando is a star of the future. Good Luck to him!
Old 20 May 2001, 14:32 (Ref:94490)   #14
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
robert2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember watching the Formula Nissan races where he won the championship, yet was comprehensively outdriven by Tomas Scheckter. True he was driving for the championship, but his opponents seemed rather mediocre in Formula Nissan.
Old 20 May 2001, 18:06 (Ref:94515)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
ooh, don't bait me
i don't believe tomas schekter actually drove in that series till this year... there is one guy called manuel giao (sp?), but he's been there for ages, and still hasn't got any further. the competition isn't so hot, but fernando had never driven a car at all before that series, so they'd really have to be useless to not beat him. and they weren't. not all of them.

but i see your point, robert2000, and we'll see in a few years...

Last edited by bella; 20 May 2001 at 18:07.