Old 3 Mar 2010, 23:32 (Ref:2644477)   #1
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
olivk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three Lakes Circuit, Switzerland

Hello racetrackfans!
It's been a while since i discovered this forum, and enjoyed your creations. As i'm a car enthusiast myself and like drawing racetracks just-for-fun, i thought i'd give it a try!

I live in Switzerland, and as some of you may know, closed-circuit races are still forbidden in my country, following the terrible 1955 accident at Le Mans. The only circuit we have is about 1300m long and except for old mini coopers, it's not so fun... There is a current project for a real track but facing oppositions from green-fanatics...

So i decided i'd propose in this forum, a project for a 1st real track in Switzerland. It's called Three Lakes Circuit because located in the flatlands between 3 major lakes. I didn't calculate the lenght of it but i think it's quite average. The pit straight is 600 meters long. My aim was to provide a great variety of curves, making it quite a technical track. It features slow as well as fast curves, 3 straights (last one being slightly "waved") , and 2 hardcore brakings. Width of the track is 10m, pit straight is 14m.

The track can be split in 2 separate tracks (the outer track and the inner track), the inner track yet not for racing use, using the cnonecting bits at T2 and T11. The inner track would be accessed from the north of the paddock.

It's also possible to shorten the track using one, or the other, or both, connecting bits at T1 and T7.

There are 3 buildings in the paddock area. From left to right: 1) The control tower and general building (administration, meeting rooms, schooling rooms, restaurant, etc). 2) The boxes. 3) Service hangar and private renting boxes.

I picked elements from 2 existing tracks : Paul Ricard HTTT (Le Castellet, France) for its "green islands on large runoff areas" design, and the pit entrance is copy-pasted from the circuit of Charade, in France too.

So, i hope you enjoy this track, and as always, every comments are welcome!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg circuit3lacs.jpg (1.00 MB, 29 views)

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 16 Mar 2010 at 00:15. Reason: Adding Original Image back into Post