Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Aug 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3127575)   #176
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some photos from Sunday here = http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albums/260812/

My first ever Gold Cup
Old 30 Aug 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3127579)   #177
deimh
Rookie

South Africa
London
deimh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all

Some great pics!

By any chance did anyone get a photo of my Titan as it caught fire leaving the pits for the formation lap of the Formula Ford race?

As a word of caution, the brass swage tube popped out the fuel pump - worth checking / wiring in future...
Old 30 Aug 2012, 20:33 (Ref:3127583)   #178
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deimh View Post
Hi all

Some great pics!

By any chance did anyone get a photo of my Titan as it caught fire leaving the pits for the formation lap of the Formula Ford race?

As a word of caution, the brass swage tube popped out the fuel pump - worth checking / wiring in future...
Ouch! Do they use mechanical pump like th FF2000?

James, the JDCC race got reported in Autosport, and a pic of the start!
Old 30 Aug 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3127587)   #179
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az View Post

My first ever Gold Cup
Hope you enjoyed it! Some great pics including Peter's MGB and Colin's 'E' type being chased by a Morgan!

Old 30 Aug 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3127592)   #180
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

My first ever Gold Cup
.... says Adz.

... and my first time driving the Chev Camaro in the Historic Road Sports on Sunday, (car 55). Was a fantastic experience and finished in 13th place, 12 s a lap faster than I have ever done Oulton before. Just press the right-hand pedal and all the cars in your mirror disappear ! Bit of a change from the Alfa 1300s and 1600s I have been racing for the last 21 years. Can't imagine why I did not try this years ago. I drove the Camaro to-and-from West London and did feel a bit knackered on Monday.

This is a great meeting and I got loads of help from fellow-competitors : it took me four goes before I passed the noise test.
Nick S.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3127599)   #181
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deimh View Post
Hi all

Some great pics!

I have a "just after" pic. Mr Bloxham has shots of the firey moment though. Marshals were quick on scene and got it under control quickly... phew
Old 30 Aug 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3127600)   #182
deimh
Rookie

South Africa
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Ouch! Do they use mechanical pump like th FF2000?

James, the JDCC race got reported in Autosport, and a pic of the start!

I believe so - although there are (at least) two types that are used on the Kent 1600.

Mine was the more expensive rebuildable cast type - obviously no longer really rebuildable anymore.

Seems I should have gone for the cheaper version
Old 30 Aug 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3127615)   #183
deimh
Rookie

South Africa
London
Quote:
I have a "just after" pic. Mr Bloxham has shots of the firey moment though. Marshals were quick on scene and got it under control quickly... phew

Thanks for this...

The Marshalls were (as always) fantastic - and very much appreciated!

Mr Bloxham, if you could oblige and share some of the pics you took that would be great
Old 30 Aug 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3127623)   #184
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Great news about the JD coverage Mike, and if MAWP is talking it up that's good for spreading the word I guess. I was referring to your point about Guards not getting mentioned though.

Nice to see more lovely pictures being put up for up all to enjoy!
Old 30 Aug 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3127634)   #185
heyluciani
Rookie

heyluciani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are some more pics from Monday's races here:-

http://www.nogripracing.com/gallery/...ry.php?cat=512

Shame about the weather on Monday, although it wasn't quite as bad as I had feared. Some great action despite the dampness though
Old 31 Aug 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3127906)   #186
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I assume 'Burti' is John Burton. His Chevron flipped at the start of the Martini race. I guess someone is suggesting that it was due to the rolling start. I can't comment on that but I'm glad John is recovering.
Sorry for confusion, yes John Burton, an earlier post enquired as to his welfare, and posted what I know to be the position as of the Monday night. As to rolling starts, I most certainly think the incident was in part due to, if not the absolute cause of, the rolling start employed in this race. A long held personal point of view, enhanced by an in car video of the incident personally seen.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3127908)   #187
jonnytuna
Rookie

jonnytuna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
......(thanks for lending me the tracking guages, Iain - it's fun if not a tad difficult using them as the light fades) ........
Here we were, tracking by torchlight
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 26-08-2012 20 40 11.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	420.5 KB
ID:	38314

..and a pic from the HRSR BBQ
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 26-08-2012 19 39 39.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	38315
Old 31 Aug 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3128013)   #188
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1300 View Post
Arrrrr yes that little chestnut: after the pit stop think it was the first or second lap out of the pits the drive pully sheered on the crank, belt still intact and alternator spins freely...... your guess is as good as mine why it happened??
just another little issue I had to contend with..... light switched off and only use wipers when needed to save battery
That fit's from my limited machanical knowledge it looked like a drive belt pulley , the outer rims wher intact but the centre had totally sheared ( maybe its being pulled at an angle by the alternator

It's nice to see a smaller engined car mixing it with e big boy's in this type of racing
Old 3 Sep 2012, 03:20 (Ref:3129558)   #189
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have finally managed to upload my Monday shots to my website.

Monday only I'm afraid and no Stirling Moss Trophy shots - sorry.

The locations are a little limited too as I needed to stay near the paddock area or, as it turned out, go back there to collect and deposit wet weather gear. However I hope some of the rain shots make up for it though they really need to be seen at a much larger size to fully appreciate the wetness!

Here's the link to the directory - have a browse!

http://www.scene-from-above.com/web/...?dir=26304&s=3
Old 3 Sep 2012, 08:53 (Ref:3129688)   #190
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
.... says Adz.

... and my first time driving the Chev Camaro in the Historic Road Sports on Sunday, (car 55). Was a fantastic experience and finished in 13th place, 12 s a lap faster than I have ever done Oulton before. Just press the right-hand pedal and all the cars in your mirror disappear !
I was the one right behind you Nick - the Camaro was an absolute monster on the straights but my little Lenham closed up a bit in the corners!!

The HRS is getting a nice mix of cars again, helping to dilute the Lotus' - taking nothing away from these fantastic cars, but as they say variety is the spice of life!
Old 4 Sep 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3130749)   #191
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some great shots there Grant, especially those in the wet. Well worth enduring the cold and damp in my opinion
Old 4 Sep 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3130751)   #192
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I saw you .... demon braking point ! I hope I did not hold you up too much in the corners ... on the straights I was holding on for dear life trying to keep up with the car . Having had this done to me for the last 20 years (close up on braking and turn in, lose it on acceleration) I do know how you feel !

There's an indefinable something about having that much power (cackles manically, carried off in stratjacket until next HRS race).
Yrs
Nick
Old 5 Sep 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3131198)   #193
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Some great shots there Grant, especially those in the wet. Well worth enduring the cold and damp in my opinion
Cheers Colin.

It was wet? I didn't notice ...
Old 5 Sep 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3131558)   #194
Hunter1300
Racer

Hunter1300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was wet? I didn't notice ...[/QUOTE]

I certainly noticed as i circulated i had an inch or two of water sloshing around my feet

My bottom did twitch after looking down to see my battery semi submersed going up over deers leap!
Still brought LW home thou !!!!!!
Old 6 Sep 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3132114)   #195
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only your bottom? Mike Bell was driving a Delta in the last race. Two inches of water in one of those would be splashing around his genitalia as well as his feet, and bearing in mind that the battery lies on its side midway between the kness and the gentleman's area, the results of a flash flood would be too awful to contemplate...
Old 6 Sep 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3132118)   #196
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Now you tell me!

FOR SALE- Delta FF2000. Never raced or rallied......