Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Monaco Grand Prix?
10 1 1.39%
9 1 1.39%
8 13 18.06%
7 21 29.17%
6 14 19.44%
5 8 11.11%
4 7 9.72%
3 4 5.56%
2 0 0%
1 3 4.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 May 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3253553)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sorry

But any race where the Worodl Champion is making a point on the last lap and goes 2 seconds a lap quicker than anyone else is pathetic

Sort it out FIA, this is complete and utter garbage

Pirelli are being made to look very dumb with this Mercedes thing after SPain, and this makes it look even worse.

I want to watch a race, not a reliability trial thanks, I'll leave that stuff for the old blokes in MG's

Awful advert for F1 and motorsport in general I'm afraid
Old 27 May 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3254049)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I want to watch a race, not a reliability trial thanks
Monaco has always been about looking after some aspect of the car, be it brakes, fuel, gearbox, engine, tyres, whatever.

In the so-called 'Golden era' it was very much the case that some part of the car was going to limit lap times or it would most likely fail in the race if you didn't look after it. The 80's turbo engined cars were never allowed anywhere near their full potential during races, for example, because you could never carry the required amount of fuel for that to happen and could never run at full power for too long a period, and so the previous turbo era was actually an economy formula and also a reliability trial. And sometimes the tyres were much worse than anything Pirelli have recently made.
Old 27 May 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3254056)   #3
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 7. Nico did good. Plus, we had mainly one stopping cars. It's a shame that it was a little bit of a tyre conservation contest at the beginning, but Sutil, PĂ©rez and Kimi more than made up for that. When it's dry at Monaco then overtaking is always difficult, but I did feel that this was one of the better races from there.
Old 27 May 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3254144)   #4
sublimao
Rookie

Italy
Alassio Italian Riviera
sublimao should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico Rosberg won well deserved the GP Monaco exactly 30 years after his father.
Monaco is Monaco.
Before to write it is boring or it is just a parade, please remember who raced here or who won here. I do totally agree that nowadays it is almost impossible to overtake, but the history, the surroundings, the
glamour make this race unique and I would not change this track with Yas Marina or Macao or Shangai or........