Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 23 Mar 2002, 19:59 (Ref:242478)   #26
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
id use this one ...

slow? another forum i go to limits them to 64 x 64 and 10k. when im dial-up, it doesnt load much slower than it did before they were allowed or than a post where users who dont have avatars post (if that last part made any sence )
Old 8 Apr 2002, 15:28 (Ref:254918)   #27
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Please say NO to these things. The thing I really value about these forums is the debate and having a laugh with buddies. I don't see how an annoying little image is going to enrich that. It will also take up space, which means more scrolling and time-wasting. Then someone will use an offensive or too large image which will start complaints etc. etc. An awful lot of fuss for something completely un-related to motorsport - which is lest we forget, is the point of this place.
Old 10 Apr 2002, 20:01 (Ref:256721)   #28
Es Nes
Veteran

every forum that has had them had the option to have them visible or not.
Old 10 Apr 2002, 21:24 (Ref:256796)   #29
Aussie 05
Rookie

Aussie 05 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Are the avatars feature in use now as i uploaded an avatar but fosome reason i can't see my own avatar or anyone else's for that matter.

Can you help me.

So check out my homepage for more info on how to enter this free monthly competition.
Old 10 Apr 2002, 21:54 (Ref:256824)   #30
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The avatars aren't in use, and as Craig has explained aren't going to be adopted.

Aussie 05, what you have uploaded is the picture that is displayed on your profile. Click on the poster's name to view their profile (or your own name to view yours)
Old 11 Apr 2002, 17:14 (Ref:257404)   #31
Aussie 05
Rookie

Aussie 05 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
OK cool thansk mate.

So check out my homepage for more info on how to enter this free monthly competition.
Old 12 Apr 2002, 07:23 (Ref:257881)   #32
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I don't think avatars add to a forum experience in any way - and as others have said, on occasion they're actively annoying. Es, even with size limiting, if you're loading a thread where 20 people have participated, that's 20 graphics per page to load. Granted some of them will stay in cache, but it's still a PITA.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 20:08 (Ref:867349)   #33
Es Nes
Veteran

thats why theres an option for dial-up users to trun them off
Old 5 Apr 2004, 16:02 (Ref:931203)   #34
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HEY GUYS I HAD A GREAT IDEA!!

As many a member would like to have an avatar, but it's impossible to grant them to all, how about putting two avatars on the line as prizes for the Result and the Fans prediction competitions?
Nowadays no prize at all is granted to the winner.
According to my proposal the two respective winners (I seriously doubt that the same poster will win both) receive under their nick a trophy-shaped avatar created by 10/10 which they will carry until the start of the new season.
Any thoughts?
Old 5 Apr 2004, 16:21 (Ref:931217)   #35
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Great idea!

No

Seriously though, keep the idea's coming as it will all be considered before Craig makes any decisions.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 16:48 (Ref:931238)   #36
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
good idea climb,
but it probably wouldnt be fair as only the F1 fans have competitions running in their forum so only f1 fans could compete for avatars..

gotta be some way of involving all 11,000 ppl...
Old 5 Apr 2004, 17:10 (Ref:931263)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have avatars on the sim-raciong board I use, but I don't give it a lot of thought. If the facility was there, I guess I'd probably use it, but I'm not exactly crying out for it. Its not really an issue for anyone is it - I mean seriously?
Old 5 Apr 2004, 17:38 (Ref:931294)   #38
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
good idea climb,
but it probably wouldnt be fair as only the F1 fans have competitions running in their forum so only f1 fans could compete for avatars..

You obviously don't get out of that forum enough!

I'll see if you can figure it out...
Old 6 Apr 2004, 07:45 (Ref:931912)   #39
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
good idea climb,

gotta be some way of involving all 11,000 ppl...
Ralfie, good old friend, I just remind you that the participation to the prediction competotins is OPEN to every member.
If they decide not to take part of it, why should this be a problem?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 07:46 (Ref:931913)   #40
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Great idea!

No

Typical of you Wrex!
Old 6 Jun 2004, 09:34 (Ref:995197)   #41
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe the no. of people dismissing avatars on the basis that they might be tacky and a few have commented that they could complain. They're all tacky - isn't that the point, they're a bit of fun, why should anyone take offense to that? Personally, i couldn't give 2 ***** about them but I certainly wouldn't complain if someone else had a tacky one.