Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 12 Dec 2003, 09:15 (Ref:809903)   #26
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
i think the following will get the seat

webber
button
piquet
rosberg

button and webber are fav.....rosberg is good and sop is piquet but they still need to prove themselves....neither has had a brillient year even though the money and cars have been there
Old 12 Dec 2003, 09:58 (Ref:809948)   #27
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by x_dt
I'd like to see Fernando Alonso in a Williams, but is there any realistic chance of that happening in the near future?
There is no chance of that happening at all.

Perhapps Kimi and Alonso would be a great line up for 05?
Old 12 Dec 2003, 11:17 (Ref:810019)   #28
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
I'm merely pointing out that if you say that Marc only did what would have been expected of a test driver, in 1 race, then, Rafe under performed in the other races bar Hungary.
Yea so your point is that Ralf underperformed, aiiigh and it's a news since when? He indeed underperformed in the Usa and also in Suzuka.And what does it have to do with Gene? Does it make him a better driver? Like I said Gene did what one would expect from a test driver who knows the car perfectly and has all the racing experience that he can possibly need to perform.Did he have a race winning car, the reigning winner of Monza, one of the best two cars of the field with the most powerful engine? Yepp. Did he have an enormous milage in that car and over 10 years of racing experience? Oh yea. Did he win the race or at least came close winning it (or at least a podium)? Hell No. He isn't Williams RACE drive material. End of the story. The fact that Ralf spun at Indianapolis (or in Suzuka for that matter) doesn't change it, it's perfectly irrelevant.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 02:17 (Ref:810696)   #29
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
Williams re-signed Antonio Pizzonia as official test driver for the upcoming season
Old 13 Dec 2003, 03:41 (Ref:810722)   #30
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by alonso11
Yea{.......}irrelevant.
Fella, i feel like we're each banging our heads against the wall, as we seem to be agreeing, but disagreeing at the same time???

In my initial response, i did agree that Marc would not be promoted to race seat.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 04:28 (Ref:810743)   #31
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good topic...

actually Sir Williams would love to dump small bro for 2005 and big bro would also love to have small bro with him for his final year in f1. I suspect we will see Ralf join Ferrari/Michael fiasco for the 2005 season. BMW will make sure he does well in 2004. My prediction for 2005 williams line-up:

1- Mark Webber
2- Villeneue or Coulthard or Rubens
Old 13 Dec 2003, 06:23 (Ref:810773)   #32
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
In my initial response, i did agree that Marc would not be promoted to race seat.
That's actually true m8
Old 13 Dec 2003, 06:31 (Ref:810777)   #33
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
even though I hate Willams I think Mark Webber will end up there in 05 and Rubens will be his partner. Ralf will move to Ferrari to replace his brother
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 14 Dec 2003, 08:18 (Ref:811433)   #34
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Webber deserved the seat, and I think Frank will take him on. Button proved himself worthy this year, and if he keeps it up next year, then he will be invited back into the fold.

Rosberg and Piquet Jr. don't even belong on the short-list. They were tested because they have famous surnames. If they were Joe Bloggs, no-one would care...
Old 14 Dec 2003, 09:18 (Ref:811451)   #35
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ralf and Jensen for 2005 but if Ralf goes, Jensen and Webber
would also make a great team.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 15 Dec 2003, 13:45 (Ref:812182)   #36
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
With the rumours re Kimi and Ferrari appearing it throws even more speculation on things.

Could it be that Ron knew about this and signed Monster as his back up card?

Is it too late to see TGF retire b4 start of 04 and Kimi (get bought out of Mclaren by Fiat) to learn the ropes alongside Rubinho for a season, then take over as no 1 in 05. Rubinho then replaced by either Fizzi or Massa and goes to Williams alongside.....?!! damn can't picture this one

:confused:

Suspect Williams annoyed about Monster leaving and would rather Ralf was the one who went. I suspect he'll be gone end of 04 and they'll start afresh with two new drivers.

Ganassi link always been strong so maybe it will be Dixon if he wins another IRL title. Remember when Manning was well rated by Frank and look where he's ended up....at Ganassi alongside Dixon. They'll be watching to see if the Kiwi blows Dazza away alright.

If he does then i reckon they'll sign him alongside Rubens.

I agree that Webber will be more likely to replace Trulli at Renault.

Old 17 Dec 2003, 04:07 (Ref:813678)   #37
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by chunterer

I agree that Webber will be more likely to replace Trulli at Renault.

I dont think so... u know why.. coz Flavio will remain stuck with Alonso. Once he discards Trulli (I'm sure Trulli wont play second fiddle in the 'second' Renault car) he should be all set to sign a C class driver to circle the Renault # 2...

And the list of potential Alonso sidekicks at Renault... well i hear a few names.. Motoyama?? Nokash??
Old 19 Dec 2003, 12:11 (Ref:815994)   #38
Dangerous games
Racer

Dangerous games should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Piquest will get the seat in 2005, because he will walk away with the f3 title unless someone signs soon then he will move into f1 like button did. If he doesn't then he will certainly get the test driver seat or do f3000 in 2005 and in 2006 do f1!
Old 19 Dec 2003, 12:28 (Ref:816009)   #39
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by chunterer
Is it too late to see TGF retire b4 start of 04 and Kimi (get bought out of Mclaren by Fiat) to learn the ropes alongside Rubinho for a season, then take over as no 1 in 05.
What can Rubens teach Kimi? On the basis of Kimi's form in an inferior car last year, very little.

The hype surrounding Nelsinho is worrying, because he's ahd every advantage thrown at him from a young age but has still to do anything outstanding. He's nowhere enar ready fro F1 in 2005, and Frank doesn't usually sign based purely on reputation or name. When he signed Mansell, Hill, Rosberg, Patrese, Jones and Montoya, none had proved all taht much, but they soon did.

Webber and Button seems quite likely - double driver replacements are quite common at Williams, such as 1982, 1989, 1993 and 1999. Ralf will be lucky to earn any more than he currently gets, if anythign he's already voerpaid. Webber and Button will be quite experienced by then, and have certainly proved themselves. The only issue is that both will be under contract, but I expect BMW will consider throwing good money at the team.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 12:45 (Ref:816022)   #40
Tony F.P.
Rookie

Tony F.P. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Believe it could be Two new Drivers at
Williams in 2005.
Button
Villeneuve
Old 19 Dec 2003, 13:04 (Ref:816038)   #41
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony F.P.
I Believe it could be Two new Drivers at
Williams in 2005.
Button
Villeneuve

Button maybe, but JV. Hehehehe

I doubt an overpaid 'has-been' with poor PR & developement skills that did'nt honour his last contract to it's end is on Frank's shopping list.

Ralf and Button or Webber is my pick.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 14:12 (Ref:816121)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
What can Rubens teach Kimi? On the basis of Kimi's form in an inferior car last year, very little.
When he signed Mansell, Hill, Rosberg, Patrese, Jones and Montoya, none had proved all taht much, but they soon did.
I meant get the hang of Ferrari's ways, not learn off Rubinho!

As re these names. Mansell was already quick, and Montoya was multi championship winner in other formula with a preceeding reputation for talent, so i'm not so sure bout that part sir!

Old 19 Dec 2003, 14:36 (Ref:816141)   #43
Tony F.P.
Rookie

Tony F.P. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

Button maybe, but JV. Hehehehe

I doubt an overpaid 'has-been' with poor PR & developement skills that did'nt honour his last contract to it's end is on Frank's shopping list.

Ralf and Button or Webber is my pick.
Keep on Laughing silly...
Who Won the Last championship for Williams,
Villeneuve of course.

Let's Be Honest, Don't matter if you Hate Villeneuve or Not JV will be Back if fine style...Ha Ha Ha
Old 19 Dec 2003, 14:38 (Ref:816142)   #44
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I for one welcome his return
Old 19 Dec 2003, 14:39 (Ref:816144)   #45
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Villeneuve won't get back in at Williams ahead of Button.

Mansell was widely derided in F1 circles in 1984 when Frank signed him. He was seen as a choker after the Monaco and Detroit mistakes, crashed his fair share of cars in 1984, rarely matched De Angelis' pace, and was much mocked by his boss Peter Warr. He may not have got another F1 chance had Frank overlooked him. Not everyone expected Montoya to get the job done either, which does seem silly ocnsidering his F3000 and CART success - much of the hostility in the UK may have been because he was replacing Button.

As a further way of expressing my point, those 6 drivers had only won 3 F1 races between them. Others such as Ralf, Frentzen, Villeneuve and Boutsen hadn't won any races at all. Prost, Senna, Reutemann, Regazzoni and Mansell the second time are the only real cases of Frank signing a proven topline driver. Webber and Button would continue the trent,
Old 19 Dec 2003, 14:44 (Ref:816150)   #46
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Fair point Boots on side. I see what you're saying now. I suppose what Williams likes above all else is a head strong and/or gritty driver, pretty much all of those have this in common, with the exception of Boutsen, Frentzen
Old 19 Dec 2003, 15:40 (Ref:816187)   #47
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flav wishes it to be known he and therefore Renault have an option on Webber for 2005 - sorry Frank

http://www.planet-f1.com/Home/story_13881.shtml

Last edited by josvandeperre; 19 Dec 2003 at 15:42.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 16:24 (Ref:816210)   #48
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jis, it just means that Frank will have to open his wallet.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 16:24 (Ref:816211)   #49
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Headstrong and gritty describe my point perfectly, whcih is probably why Frentzen struggled at times despite his talent.

A lot of people would love to see Webber at Williams, and maybe every contract has a price (enough to fund Renault making a big technical advance, or Heidi Klum (Flavio Briatore's fiancé) getting a dream wedding)?
Old 19 Dec 2003, 22:36 (Ref:816467)   #50
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Ralf will be at Williams in 05 I can not see why not ! Button could be again be his temmate I think our Webber will be at Renault Which is not a bad thing and still could have real WDC chances there . The only way Ralf will not be at williams is if he is at Ferrari and that could be a real chance with Rubens going to williams
Closed Thread