Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:09 (Ref:1674064)   #126
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi will probably be on fumes again. The ball is in Massa's court for tommorow I think.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:10 (Ref:1674066)   #127
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Kubica 9th on debut... Gives Heidfeld a reason to swerve in a particular direction at the start...
No probs for Nick, he IS german after all,
JV has daggers though

Good effort from Kubica
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1674067)   #128
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Massa's first win is really his for the taking..... but if MS runs long and manages to get into 2nd which is completely possible given the pace advantage Massa will be asked to move over no doubt.....

I think Massa will be praying that MS is held up in traffic ...
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1674069)   #129
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hang on he was .8 quicker in S1, even in S2 and .3 quicker in S3 yet only .3 quicker overall?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1674070)   #130
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi might be lighter than Massa since McLaren finally seem to be listening to what we've been saying all year and running more aggressive strategy, but barring another fuel sensor failure he won't be as light as last race
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1674072)   #131
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah that was weird... I think as long as he can run fast, maybe for not as long he may be on target for a win (finally).
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1674074)   #132
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
MS isn't his normal self, a bit subdued.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1674076)   #133
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just think he's trying hard to conceal anger there to be honest.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:19 (Ref:1674079)   #134
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
He would be pretty ****ed off about that penalty... Serves him right though... The amount of crap he's gotten away with in his career...
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1674085)   #135
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunno if this has been mentioned...but on ITV, Anthony Davidson's commentary - top notch! I'd rather see him driving in qualifying of course, but he sure makes an excellent commentator, with a superb level of technical information.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1674088)   #136
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, he did a good job there.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1674090)   #137
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was thinking the same thing.

To be honest I think Brundle has been increasingly lacking in that area - he's been out of the game too long I suppose.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:37 (Ref:1674095)   #138
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
Where is Brundle this weekend anyway?
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1674098)   #139
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kub did a good job there. So did Kimi, whom i guess is running a few laps lighter than Ferrari. And Michael must be really fired up to put in that impressive last fast lap in quals, almost squeezing into the top 10 shootout. Barrichello did well to outqualify Button, but i suspect Button's at least 5 laps heavier.

Tomorrow's race will be interesting to watch, how Michael and Alonso will carve through the field, and what strategy is employed.

Today is a good opportunity for Massa to nail in for his first win. But unfortunately, Massa did two messy laps, lockups and slides..the second of which could and should have been much quicker and potentially on pole. Hopefully, if Michael's not in a position to win, then at least Massa can win his maiden win.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:40 (Ref:1674100)   #140
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Yeah where is Mr. Brundle... I always prefer his comments to James. Maybe because he has actually raced F1s...
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1674104)   #141
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brundle is on his annual break. He will be back for Turkey!

My worry for Massa tomorrow, Gt_R, is Barrichello may get him being on the cleaner side of the track and Kimi will speed into the distance.

However, the Honda is pretty poor starting so he might be OK.....
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:48 (Ref:1674107)   #142
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Why can't they have their break in the off season...

I think Massa is safe, unless Ruebens has a clash of Schumacher team mates...
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:49 (Ref:1674109)   #143
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
Ahhhhh...yes, the Hunbororing would usually be the de facto "Sod it, I'm off on holiday" race.

Nice effort from Mr. Webber again - let's hope he gets a Renault next year, it could be pretty exciting! Or a McLaren...you never know
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1674111)   #144
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Why can't they have their break in the off season...
he surely deserves a break especially with all the travelling during regular season and the time spent away from the family....
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:55 (Ref:1674121)   #145
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
True, true

I'm just looking at the speed trap... Webber was 18th fastest about 10km/h slower than Massa... If he can be 10 km/h slower and only be .5 slower in the times... It's just another reason why he deserves to drive for a good team like Renault next year.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1674123)   #146
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everybody else in F1 gets an extra break during the European summer, and it ties in with the main school holidays, so I don't begrudge him that. the good news is that James' youngest starts school next year, so maybe he'll start taking a break as well.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1674124)   #147
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well chatters, that may well mean he is running higher downforce and has more corner grip.

And also Massa's laps weren't all that great in any case. Pants in fact.

The paddock gossip seems to suggest mark is on his way to RBR...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=86701&page=11
Old 5 Aug 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1674135)   #148
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
LOL I agree with that Massa comment.

I guess it all comes down to setup, and what Webber likes to race with in terms of wing, downforce etc. Rosberg's setup is definately not working form him. Slowest in the speed trap and 18th... I'd say unfortunate, but I don't like young Rosberg much... His father though was a good bloke.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 14:19 (Ref:1674144)   #149
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I fear the consequences, Good job Kubica!

P.S. We were told during the TV broadcasting of the qually in French, here in Canada, that DC, being asked by a female interviewer what difference did the cold weather make to him, reportedly replied something like: "It makes it more interesting to look at your t-shirt". Can someone confirm or infirm and/or provide the actual wording of what is likely to remain in the f1 anthology as one of DC's famous quotes?
Old 5 Aug 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1674148)   #150
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Good to see DC has a sick sense of humour...