Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Aug 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1672050)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hungaroring Practice/Qualifying/Race

Well, Hungaroring is about to kick off as the Formula 1 circuit rolls into Budapest once again. What are your thoughts/predictions for the coming sessions?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 3 Aug 2006, 12:44 (Ref:1672090)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
What are your thoughts/predictions for the coming sessions?

Rain for Godsakes!
Old 3 Aug 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1672092)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*rushes off to check date and timing of practices*
Old 3 Aug 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1672093)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thought so. It starts tomorrow.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 12:48 (Ref:1672094)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Yes,you're a little early there Chatters.Beat Rennen to it though.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1672123)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not my intention, but...

Always nice to get some pre-race thoughts.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 3 Aug 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1672289)   #7
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Yes,you're a little early there Chatters.Beat Rennen to it though.
Be warned that, on my side, I have the mouse just ready to click on the "submit thread" button for a Suzuka weather thread.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1672296)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
Be warned that, on my side, I have the mouse just ready to click on the "submit thread" button for a Suzuka weather thread.
I haven't sorted out Turkey yet!
Old 4 Aug 2006, 06:55 (Ref:1672828)   #9
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
I bags the Shanghai thread.

It seems whoever is going to have a Turkey thread will have to start it before the Hungaroring race finishes...
Old 4 Aug 2006, 07:08 (Ref:1672836)   #10
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping Kimi takes a win this year and MS and Alonso take each other out.
I wanna see this season go down to the last race.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 07:53 (Ref:1672871)   #11
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both drivers being taken out would be an interesting twist. It would favour Alonso though so it doesnt exactly liven things up
Old 4 Aug 2006, 07:53 (Ref:1672872)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
Be warned that, on my side, I have the mouse
You have a mouse on your side?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1672908)   #13
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I haven't sorted out Turkey yet!
You sort that out, and I'll do the vegies and cranberry sauce!
Old 4 Aug 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1672927)   #14
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
LOL good to see we're staying on topic here...
Old 4 Aug 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1672986)   #15
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
Both drivers being taken out would be an interesting twist. It would favour Alonso though so it doesnt exactly liven things up
At the moment ,Fernando looks like he might need a little help to see out the year. The red cars look mighty fast the last 2 gp's. How many to hours till practice?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 11:45 (Ref:1673029)   #16
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
My hopes for an exciting race this year continue...

However, it appears we did get rain in FP1, amazing, or at least a drying track...
Old 4 Aug 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1673038)   #17
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Saved me a task 'Chatters'

So first practice over...I can't tell you how frustrating it is for me, having run Ant for more years than his F1 team have, not to be able to see him run or even see it on TV this year! Just following the data sectors requires a certain amount of guess work...I get out last years annual and follow the circuit, and check out the lap times on the Friday...but they are for V10's so it's all a bit frustrating, without pictures, sound or the atmos! Also I dread that word 'STOP' appearing! Can you imagine?

Well with no Kubica, to follow as a rival 3rd driver, I write down all Wurz sectors and make a note of his laps and stints. For the first half an hour only 5 cars set lap times, as the track 'evolved' later in the session, things got more interesting with 6 minutes of the session remaining several GP drivers appeared and meant business! M$ just failing to topple Ant from p1 by a tenth, interestingly Wurz 4th and final stint of 4 laps failed to produce a fast time (no green let alone purples!) perhaps it was sheer traffic? One can only guess that 3rd drivers do give way to messers M$, Alonso & Kimi when the loom large in the mirrors! Often slow sectors are just that and of course sometimes if they are very slow it's an pilot-error!

However Kimi must have 'turned the wick up' as his 3 purples were 7ths faster than anyone else put together; 29.7 / 29.1 / 22.6 = 1.21.624
Ant 29.8 / 29.4 / 23.1 = 1.22.396
M$ 29.9 / 29.2 / 23.2 = 1.22.499
Dela 29.8 / 29.5 / 23.2 = 1.22.730
AW 30.0 / 29.6 / 23.0 = 1.22.941

Roll on session 2.

Last edited by Rennen; 4 Aug 2006 at 12:01.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1673206)   #18
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great lap from Massa that 2nd session, 1.3s clear from Alonso in 2nd position. P2 to 10 (almost) within a second with Doornbos as quickest friday driver in 4th. Engine change for Albers, again. Raikkonen disappointing 25th.

Another episode of 'waving incident' featuring Alonso and a guest appearance from Doornbos. Doornbos held Alonso up for 2 turns and received a waved fist and a brake-test at the end of the straight. Both Alonso and Doornbos had to report to the stewards, no word on the outcome yet.

http://www.dag-nabit.com/userfiles/2...o_Doornbos.avi
Old 4 Aug 2006, 16:07 (Ref:1673238)   #19
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wish we could have seen that in 3rd world Britain!

2nd session might be more interesting for the spectators at the circuit with all the cars on the track. From my perspective it's a less so, as the 3rd drivers concerntrate on long tyre evaluation runs, and slide down the list into the teens. Only if and when they've done all their work do they get a few laps at the end, to get back up the time sheet, which Williams didn't bother to do this time (maybe because BMW wern't there to parry with?).
However today in the cooler conditions all over Europe, the tyres that had tested and chosen in hotter conditions have been graining, so it's all down to who can find the chassis settings to work them up into their operating zone the quickest.

Sato seems to be getting some increase in performance from the revamped Aguri, which is encouraging.

Last edited by Rennen; 4 Aug 2006 at 16:09.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1673495)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Tyres

The race may be fairly exciting even without rain.At least JA seems to think so. http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?T...en&PO_ID=36931
Old 4 Aug 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1673496)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This has to be the single worst paragraph of anything I have ever read in my entire life:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Allen (in martyn's link)
This weekend looks like being a total lottery, and instead of the Hunga-boring, it could be the Hunga-roaring excitement!
Swish!
Old 4 Aug 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1673504)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh dear......
Old 4 Aug 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1673520)   #23
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
In fairness to him, though, his comments regarding tyre choice/management are fair enough.

If we are going to work on history, which is maybe not the best plan, and we have cool(er) and/or green conditions, then it makes things unpredictable. Well, the possible exception being Bridgestone/Ferrari usually cope in those circumstances pretty well.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 23:49 (Ref:1673625)   #24
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen
Wish we could have seen that in 3rd world Britain!

thank your lucky stars Rennen - here in Oz (4th World?) we don't even see Quals let alone Practice - I've become quite adept at trying to interpret timing screens!
Old 5 Aug 2006, 07:26 (Ref:1673748)   #25
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Damn you Channel 10.