Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 24 Jul 2008, 14:02 (Ref:2257203)   #1
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was'nt at the last Mondello so I missed the Libre drivers meeting. Apparently the whole two race thing has been scrapped and we now have one qualifying for everyone and one race? Any reason why? I personally didnt like that format but would still like to have two races!

On a happier note, I hear that we have a new date on 24th August. Will this mean that we're not out in October?
Old 24 Jul 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2257220)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne
Apparently the whole two race thing has been scrapped and we now have one qualifying for everyone and one race? Any reason why? I personally didnt like that format but would still like to have two races!
I'm presuming it was because of the low entry this time around.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 18:52 (Ref:2257330)   #3
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no idea why there was only one race but what a race!!! Best Libre race in ages! Mind you, there haven't been any boring ones!!
Really close stuff between Ken Fildes, Ron, Dan Daly and Alan Kessie. Thought Kessie had it in the bag but Dan was on TOP form.
Thankfully I had Stealth1 in the commentary box with me. Not only does he seem to know the model and spec of every single car on the grid, sometimes I think he might know the tyre pressures and shock settings too!!!!
Old 30 Jul 2008, 00:42 (Ref:2260014)   #4
stealth1
Rookie

stealth1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Single race last day due mainly to the low entry, but other issues also. Extra date most favoured was 24th Aug but still t b c with Mondello, will text when confirmed. Peter, we were never out in October, pay more attention please!

What a race indeed & a real blast to watch it from the tower ... sublime drive by dan dare, one his hero the great british bulldog and fastest moustache in the west would have been proud of!!

Tyre pressures easy 14 & 16 in most of em! ... funny story to relate about shock settings ... certain wee man who debuted a new car at the anniversary meeting and seen twiddling shocks a lot since wondering why it was having no effect only to find out they were a dummy set hed fitted when building the car up!!
Old 30 Jul 2008, 06:47 (Ref:2260086)   #5
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth1
Single race last day due mainly to the low entry, but other issues also. Extra date most favoured was 24th Aug but still t b c with Mondello, will text when confirmed. Peter, we were never out in October
Ok you pedant! I meant 28th Sept. Its nearly October
Old 30 Jul 2008, 08:03 (Ref:2260129)   #6
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone seen this?? Great onboard from the Boy McKinley!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HgvS...eature=related
Old 30 Jul 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2260158)   #7
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He can certainly drive it on... Look at the gap Mattheson gave hime. Class!

This one isn't Libre but it is McKinley. Pure balls!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPjCQ...eature=related
Old 30 Jul 2008, 11:33 (Ref:2260222)   #8
Peter Dunne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8rirl
He can certainly drive it on... Look at the gap Mattheson gave hime. Class!

This one isn't Libre but it is McKinley. Pure balls!
Jeez guys, maybe you should start a "we love Simon" thread?

Seriously though, theres no denying he can peddle a motor well. IMO if he tidied up on the sideways stuff he would go a lot quicker. Not as spectacular though!
Old 30 Jul 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2260335)   #9
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the first vid. I was about to say the guy looks like he's driving a Mk2 scrot. Then I watched the 2nd vid... Very impressive, he looked very happy keeping the wellie in and just working the wheel. I tell you what though, he looses some sweat on those hills, he must be knackered after a Hillclimb event. Have to agree with Peter re; the track stuff. Opposite lock is lotsa fun but it just aint quick.