Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Sep 2011, 11:26 (Ref:2950267)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Knockhill 3rd/4th September

Our weather hasn't dissapointed the visitors then I see!

First practice Shedden was quickest from Chilton the Neal.

Something was up electrically with Plato's car he was well down the order.
Old 3 Sep 2011, 13:15 (Ref:2950283)   #2
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan Welch was fifth, these NGTC cars are beginning to look tasty!
Old 3 Sep 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2950303)   #3
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying top-10 results...

Stunning performance by the NGTC cars! COngratulations to Frank Wrathall and Rob Austin and their respective teams for getting those cars up there!
Old 3 Sep 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2950304)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ashame Welch wasn't further up the times in Qually.

Good to see Wrathall and Austin doing well now, the hard work is starting to pay off.

Chris James @ Clark's. My god.

Tim Harvey mentioned that as well as Honda / TD building a full NGTC car for next year he has heard some 'major' teams are going to follow suit.

Chevy would be the obvious one or maybe AON?
Old 3 Sep 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2950313)   #5
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, the tide is surely turning...

Would love to see an NGTC car on the podium tomorrow.

Exciting grid for race one. Looking forward to it.
Old 3 Sep 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2950333)   #6
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Wow, the tide is surely turning...

Would love to see an NGTC car on the podium tomorrow.

Exciting grid for race one. Looking forward to it.
Yeah.. Three bar boost should do it!
Old 3 Sep 2011, 18:10 (Ref:2950348)   #7
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see a Ford on pole! A good effort by Matt Neal considering he was suffering with a broken bone in his hand. Yeah the tide has seemed to turn dramatically for the new ngtc cars which is great and I can't wait to see what they can do tomorrow.
Old 3 Sep 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2950358)   #8
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am really looking forward to being at Knockhill tomorrow, that grid is just sure to provide some very exciting races!

An early morning start and a drive over to Fife.
Old 3 Sep 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2950359)   #9
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

And the predictable moaning and *****ing begins once more.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94229

Just get on with it lads!
Old 3 Sep 2011, 18:44 (Ref:2950366)   #10
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
''Shedden said: "We've been beaten by the rules. They're equalising teams and cars, which I didn't think was supposed to happen.

"The NGTC cars have got bigger tyres, bigger brakes and are quicker in a straight line so I don't know how I'm going to pass them.''

Maybe Flash should be asking Matt how he's gotten pole in his backyard, rather than complain about the NGTC.
Old 3 Sep 2011, 18:48 (Ref:2950367)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
And the predictable moaning and *****ing begins once more.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94229

Just get on with it lads!
Sadly its all part and parcel of having a mulit-reg series. I doubt you can ever get true parity between the different cars. I do perhaps think that the full NGTC cars maybe need a turbo bar adjustment on the engine. Its obvious that to begin with the chassis issues that the NGTC teams experienced masked the fact that they had such an engine advantage, now that they have sorted the chassis out, the engine advantage perhaps has come to fruition?

If I recall correctly, the Austin Audi's use the same engine as the Seat and VW Golf, yet the Audi can run it at 1.8 but the rest run the exact same engine at 1.6...?
Old 3 Sep 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2950375)   #12
juicy sushi
Racer

juicy sushi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding the sudden competitiveness of the NGTC cars, I am rather tired of the whining of the other teams. They weren't complaining when the cars were off the pace and clearly lacking development, and now complain once the cars have started to show their capabilities. Boo hoo.

The non-NGTC teams have more resources, better engineering and driving talent overall, and a lot of experience. If they can't win in cars which still do faster lap times, it only reflects poorly on them.

I know there is supposed to be parity this year, but the qualifying order indicates there is, and the results to this point in the year argue that the NGTC cars are still behind. The NGTC cars are being choked down to give these older designs a fighting chance anyway, and they clearly have a (better than even) one...
Old 3 Sep 2011, 19:25 (Ref:2950379)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heading down tomorrow morning. Should be good fun!
Old 3 Sep 2011, 19:47 (Ref:2950387)   #14
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should of seen this sooner.

At one point it was, "Wow, the NGTC cars don't seem to be any good at all" and now it's "Oh no, they've suddenly become developed then our cars. Lets complain about how unfair this is."

Roll on 2012 and 2013...

Looking forward to the race tomorrow!
Old 3 Sep 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2950390)   #15
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Roll on 2012 and 2013...
What makes you think 2012 will be any different. We'll still have a mix of S2000, S2000/NGTC and full NGTC. The equalisation issue isn't going to go away overnight.
Old 3 Sep 2011, 21:09 (Ref:2950451)   #16
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
But next year Honda won't complain.
Old 3 Sep 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2950499)   #17
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They will. They'll complain they're being victimised for producing the fastest NGTC car out there when it gets pegged back for the umpteenth time.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 11:21 (Ref:2950652)   #18
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
Great win for Chilton, and now the championship battle is very close:
Old 4 Sep 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2950737)   #19
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terrible Driving from boardman, punting plato off then bunching the field up at the hairpin causing carnage.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 16:51 (Ref:2950743)   #20
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if there might be a change in the result after that race. so do not say new winner until we find out want the clark of the course says about those two things metion above.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 16:51 (Ref:2950744)   #21
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
Terrible Driving from boardman, punting plato off then bunching the field up at the hairpin causing carnage.
Over-aggressive and completely unfair on Jason who was driving his absolute socks off to keep that position. Heart sunk when it happened - felt really sorry for him as he didn't deserve that at all.

The hairpin business was a mess and is exactly what happens when a driver inexperienced with being at the front is put there. Perhaps they should reconsider the reverse grid for race 3?

I for one simply cannot wait until the parity issue just disappears in the next two or three years and all the cars are turbos, because (never mind one's opinion on it), it's simply becoming dangerous to the drivers!
Old 4 Sep 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2950747)   #22
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Boardman keeps his win we'll know BTCC has finally descended to expensive banger racing.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 17:50 (Ref:2950772)   #23
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

I actually have no problem with the Plato/Boardman incident. The contact was so small and not malicious in any way that it's ridiculous to claim otherwise. Just a racing incident.

I hope no action is taken. I've grown increasingly bored with the way every single damn incident in F1 is investigated and more often than not met with a penalty. It is inevitable in my view that when guys are racing each other so hard and so closely that RACING INCIDENTS will occur. I've always felt that BTCC's been better than F1 in that area, with the end result being the end result, with no stupid steward's inquiries generating a false race result.

As long as there's nothing malicious about it, like the Mucke/Westbrook incident, then I don't see why penalties for what happens on track should be given out. It's racing. Incidents happen, especially in the BTCC. There's been far worse incidents in the past in my opinion, and this was just one of those things where two guys are RACING.

Motorsport is dangerous. These things happen.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 18:30 (Ref:2950788)   #24
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Incident is very similar to the 99 one at knockhill where Lauren Aiello put Plato off in the Laguna, Aiello was thrown out of the result for causing an avoidable accident and taking out the race leader unfairly which is what Boardman did to Plato.

The problem with the BTCC is not the drivers its the penalties given out which appear to be decided like the reverse grids...pick a number any one will do so you have no guide to work from which then leads you to think are the penalties being fabricated to keep driver A in the championship.

So looking at the Boardman incident if they throw him out it gives Honda more points so thats bad, if they fine him and add points to his licence thats good but then it simply means other drivers will look at this and start taking out other drivers becuase the penalty is worth the result to sponsership/team placing.

Don't blame the drivers is all I am saying look at the penalties for similar incidents and shows the BTCC lacks credability at times in not showing a clear stance for contact.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2950880)   #25
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
If Boardman keeps his win we'll know BTCC has finally descended to expensive banger racing.
finally