Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jul 2002, 09:14 (Ref:331634)   #1
Mygale
Racer

Mygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Takuma is now showing his talent .

Everyones has their own opinion on Takuma . But i am begining to think that he may be one of the best talents to come along in many a year . Ok he made 2 big mistakes in races at Malaysia and Monaco , but apart from that he has been fast and spectacular ( maybe too spectacular sometimes ).

At Monaco he pulled off a awesome move on Salo going into Mirabeau , he had the rear end sideways under braking but still pulled off the move , who else do you know that trys that hard at Monaco ?.
Now again he has pulled off another great bit of racing against Irvine in the Jaguar at Silverstone last sunday .He was fair , clean but still pulled off the move which lasted wheel to wheel for over 5 corners.

That is impressive stuff from the young rookie , is he starting to now show what many people always knew he was capable of .

Last edited by Mygale; 11 Jul 2002 at 09:16.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 09:24 (Ref:331639)   #2
Mygale
Racer

Mygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is what i was talking about .

Sato said

"We were
almost side-by-side at Bridge but it had just started to rain and it was a bit risky. At Brooklands he had a slow line and I dived inside at Luffield. We were side-by-side and wheel-to-wheel all down the straight, and into Copse Corner we were still side-by-side. And into Maggotts we were still side-by-side! And at Becketts I finally got him. It reminded me of 1999 in
the National Class of British Formula 3 with Martin O'Connell! I had those memories at the time and thought, 'Ah, I've seen this before and now I'm
doing it in Formula 1'."
Old 11 Jul 2002, 10:30 (Ref:331670)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll agree. He seems to have tamed his wild-side for now and is starting to equal Fisichella in a few more sessions, and beating him on occassion. Starting to impress and is starting to suit the tag he was given about him being the best Japanese talent so far to enter F1.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 10:42 (Ref:331682)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He is a lovely little bloke too. I remember talking to him last year by the wire fence at the back of the F3 paddock at Brands. The Mini Se7ens were racing at the time on the GP track and he was so enthusiastically watching and laughing at some of the antics of these racers and told me he would love a go in one! How many 'almost' F1 stars would say that? The day before he had driven the BAR up the Goodwood hill!
He LOVES racing..a bit like our heroes of old who would race anything. If only modern contracts would allow them too. JPM is the same and I like many others see a similarity in the driving styles of these two F1 racers who have brought a breath of fresh air to the world stage.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 12:46 (Ref:331783)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not many drivers would even be interested in Mini racing , let alone wanting to have a go in one.

Drivers like Takuma is just what F1 needs to make it really exciting again , and i think the coming years in F1 could be very entertaining for us all . Imagine the kind of racing we are going to see if we have JPM, SATO and drivers with the same sort of ability all in top teams ...its going to be great .

The sort of moves that Takuma is starting to do in F1 is no real surprise for anyone thats watched him before , he's been doing it for a long time in Junior Formula's . Thats why i always thought it slightly miss placed when some forum members have said he is only in F1 because Honda are paying his way , or that he is just another Alex Yoong oh , and another good one was that his Uncle owns Honda or something like that !.

That was a great move at Silverstone that he done on Irvine . But if he gets the right equipment in the future im sure he will do great moves again. Im also sure that he will still have some of his trade mark track excursions in races to come this year . As it is his nature to to wring every last bit of speed out of the car that is possible . Thats why he always says "I will just go MAXIMUM ATTACK "!!!

Last edited by Sato san; 11 Jul 2002 at 12:49.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 14:52 (Ref:331906)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
The talents always been evident, it's the experience that has been lacking, thats all!
Old 11 Jul 2002, 15:05 (Ref:331921)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think that people have been a bit too harsh towards Sato. After all he is the reigning British F3 champion. This is at least a small indication of talent. I don't think he was signed just to get the Honda engines. You could always see that the guy was quick. However questions have always been around about his race-craft.

I think it is still too early to judge Sato, but hopefully he will continue to improve as he gets more experience. And hopefully he won't lose his 'maximum attack' attitude.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 17:50 (Ref:332027)   #8
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The worst thing is we dont get to see him race. Since the winning teams get more tv coverage the good racing between teams that are closer together rarely is seen. I want to see him do good. I want him to succeed because he is fast, he is Japanese and because of Honda. F1 is bland as far as spirit. Many of the drivers present themselves like snobs. JV, JPM have the attitude that US drivers usually have. They act like regular guys that are fortunate to be doing what they love. Sato seems to be even more open and down to earth. It would be great to see more nationalities and races in F1.
Old 11 Jul 2002, 19:36 (Ref:332085)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm a believer. Let's hope he doesn't make the wrong moves outside the car. That's where he must show his talents (or his manager). First thing: get out of Jordan...
Old 12 Jul 2002, 03:53 (Ref:332312)   #10
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Second move stick with Honda. The WILL be winning. I hope
Old 12 Jul 2002, 09:22 (Ref:332414)   #11
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
The talents always been evident, it's the experience that has been lacking, thats all!
I agree to a point there MR V , but thats the same for most drivers in thier rookie season . And most drivers havent recieved the bashing like that Takuma has recieved this year . JPM got a lot of critism saying he was out of his depth last year just before mid season , but even that was a ridiculous remark to make IMO , as now we see him sticking it on pole every race in a inferior car . Critism can be a good thing , aslong as it doesnt go over the top. Takuma certainly deserves some flak for his mistakes of course but like JPM , lets just watch him get better and enjoy watching it . Its can be great entertainment .

I think we need to all except that young drivers will always make mistakes , if after a season and a half they are still making them , then fair enough , boot them out !, but everyone needs time to develop . Look at Webber , good solid year so far , but he has made a fair amount of mistakes also , but doesnt get half the critism because he is more calm in his style .

QUOTE]Originally posted by neilap
The worst thing is we dont get to see him race. [/QUOTE]

Neil , we are lucky here in the UK that on F1 digital TV we have the chioce of watching 2 different battles on screen . I often choose SKY button 4 as that often focuses on the mid pack battles of the Race . This often follows a fair bit of Takuma's progress , so its good entertainment to watch . MAXIMUM ATTACK and all that !
Old 12 Jul 2002, 12:34 (Ref:332588)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
Second move stick with Honda. The WILL be winning. I hope
Yes, they will ! Go Toyota !
Old 12 Jul 2002, 16:00 (Ref:332761)   #13
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Grrr Toyota, booo hisss... Ok I feel better now.

Now our coverage here now seems even worse. I did not know that in the UK you guys had it so well. Hmmm, I do have relatives in the UK maybe I need to move .

The only problem I see in Taku's way is how fickle F1 can be. We can hope that EJ keeps his word and lets him drive. If not I hope Honda does take care of him and do their best to keep him in a race seat even if on loan. Even though he is getting better I think he needs to beat GF head to head a couple of times during the final few races. This might leave a lasting impression on teams especially since GF is rated so highly.

Last edited by neilap; 12 Jul 2002 at 16:02.