Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 May 2003, 04:00 (Ref:593072)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
M3 GTR Testing photos

http://www.nurburgring.de/?rubrik=fotos&lang=eng&type=h

Cool old photos (check out desktop for some flying DTM M3s) and the M3 GTR testing (are they just keeping it warm for LM/ALMS/LMT?)

M3 GTR here:-

http://www.nurburgring.de/event.php3...d=11&lang=eng;)

Last edited by JAG; 8 May 2003 at 04:01.
Old 8 May 2003, 05:36 (Ref:593092)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cool 'Ring photos, but what's the M3 doing here? This is about sportscars........

Old 8 May 2003, 07:11 (Ref:593124)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Ring is quite simply, the greatest proving ground in the world.

So is the M3 GTR coming back to the GT's?
Old 8 May 2003, 07:19 (Ref:593136)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No BMW are running 2 M3's in the Nurburgring 24 hours later this month
Old 8 May 2003, 08:33 (Ref:593205)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=29576
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=29588
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=33425
Old 8 May 2003, 10:45 (Ref:593330)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Cool 'Ring photos, but what's the M3 doing here? This is about sportscars........
I have the same feeling about the BMW, but it is a very hot car.
Old 8 May 2003, 12:22 (Ref:593410)   #7
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

Erm, no. It's a mixed event for GTs and touring cars, sportscars won't be in it at all.

So is the M3 GTR a GT or a touring car? You be the judge; it doesn't matter anyway because... - see above.
Old 8 May 2003, 12:24 (Ref:593415)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You know my opinion onyl too well - its neither a GT or a sportscar. As far as I'm concerned, a GT is (should be) a sportscar anyway. I may be mixing terms, but....
Old 8 May 2003, 12:28 (Ref:593423)   #9
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so the question isn't should it be at the nurburgring...but rather should this topic be in the sportscars forum.

bring back the v12 lmr i say!
Old 8 May 2003, 13:03 (Ref:593470)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
so the question isn't should it be at the nurburgring...but rather should this topic be in the sportscars forum.
Well, there will be GTs, too...
It's in both fora anyway.
Old 13 May 2003, 01:12 (Ref:597506)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The M3 GTR is a GT- the V8- the 2 litre would be the touring car, The straight 6 is an enigma, but this may prove the versatility and magnificence of the chassis it has. I am not really a BMW lover, but this is one fine auto.
Could the V8 GTR be ready for the DTM?
Old 13 May 2003, 05:23 (Ref:597601)   #12
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
The M3 GTR is a GT- the V8- the 2 litre would be the touring car, The straight 6 is an enigma, but this may prove the versatility and magnificence of the chassis it has.
Nice try but - naah...

Quote:
I am not really a BMW lover, but this is one fine auto.
Could the V8 GTR be ready for the DTM?
It could if they built one. But they seemingly don't want to.

Last edited by cybersdorf; 13 May 2003 at 05:24.