Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 4 Sep 2000, 03:07 (Ref:34877)   #1
John B
Rookie

John B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was one wild race, with twists and turns from the halfway point on. I'm amazed they got as much of the race in as they did with the storms edging past. Every time a car pitted its crew chief must have felt lots of stress hoping they wouldn't be caught deep in the field by the rain.

Towards the end when Labonte was running between Earnhardt and Jarrett, I said he probably would be quite happy right there, maintaining the points lead without losing ground. Getting the win moments later must have seemed a bonus, especially after Friday, though it seems like BL and J Burton have become the masters at winning from the back of the grid........
Old 4 Sep 2000, 15:55 (Ref:34961)   #2
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does seem that Darlington has seen more than it's fair share of rain for the past couple of years. Hopefully, next year the races there won't have the same problems.
Old 5 Sep 2000, 14:18 (Ref:35130)   #3
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Labonte goes into the pits, comes out first, and then the rains come. I guess when it's your year, it's your year. Unfortunately, I believe that he will cruise to the Winston Cup Championship unless he really screws up.

When Dale Sr. was leading and the caution came out for rain, I just about exhausted myself doing a rain dance. Did any of you see the #3 crew put the umbrellas out? Great stuff.