Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 6 Nov 2003, 10:13 (Ref:774630)   #1
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone, 29/30th Nov

Anyone doing the BARC SEC races at Silverstone Stowe on 29/30th November? All the races (saloons, sportscars, single-seaters, 2CVs, Caterhams) are "dirt cheap" - mostly £100 for a double-header. Last chance to get your car out this year (although the Plum Pudding races at Mallory on Boxing Day are hopefully being revived)?
Old 6 Nov 2003, 10:17 (Ref:774633)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where did you hear that about Mallory, Graeme?
Old 6 Nov 2003, 10:27 (Ref:774644)   #3
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
I'm workimg with an organiser to try and put the car races back on (for purely selfish reasons - I want to race on Boxing Day!). Should be more details in a week or so.
Old 6 Nov 2003, 11:12 (Ref:774691)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats not likely this year now though surely?
I hope it is but I got the impression it was more trouble than it was worth having the two different sets of rules and regs
Old 6 Nov 2003, 13:23 (Ref:774802)   #5
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Silverstone, 29/30th Nov

Quote:
Originally posted by graeme
Anyone doing the BARC SEC races at Silverstone Stowe on 29/30th November? All the races (saloons, sportscars, single-seaters, 2CVs, Caterhams) are "dirt cheap" - mostly £100 for a double-header. Last chance to get your car out this year (although the Plum Pudding races at Mallory on Boxing Day are hopefully being revived)?
Graeme, is this an additional meeting? If so, it may be worthwhile copying this to the Marshals Forum.
Old 6 Nov 2003, 14:30 (Ref:774861)   #6
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Entry forms have just come out for Plum Pudding car races, so I feel I can say a bit more. Two races for Graduate/Academy-spec Caterhams and two races for Monopostos. Its probably a bit hidden here, so I'll put up another posting with details.
Old 6 Nov 2003, 15:10 (Ref:774896)   #7
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Entry forms have just come out for Plum Pudding car races, so I feel I can say a bit more. Two races for Graduate/Academy-spec Caterhams and two races for Monopostos.
Excellent!

Last edited by Dave Brand; 6 Nov 2003 at 15:11.
Old 6 Nov 2003, 20:09 (Ref:775194)   #8
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I should be doing the Barc SE meeting in an ADR 1000
Old 6 Nov 2003, 20:13 (Ref:775198)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For Mallory Park, entry fee is £100 for a double-header, so Alan Ward informs me. Can't be bad.
Old 6 Nov 2003, 20:14 (Ref:775200)   #10
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Entry forms have just come out for Plum Pudding car races, so I feel I can say a bit more. Two races for Graduate/Academy-spec Caterhams and two races for Monopostos. Its probably a bit hidden here, so I'll put up another posting with details.
wooo-hooo so it'll be a post Christmas b-b-q at Mallory...most excellent
Old 6 Nov 2003, 22:11 (Ref:775277)   #11
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still can't see how people can get any fun out driving fast round the Stowe circuit-It cant be very challenging, it just seems to be very Mickey Mouse to me....but then again Iv'e never driven on it!
Old 6 Nov 2003, 22:34 (Ref:775288)   #12
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've tested on it, (the only circuit I've ever tested on! - I don't do testing!) and its a bit like a kart track - short sharp, but my mind boggles as to how to race round there - its no exactly wide in the wiggly bit.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 07:54 (Ref:775672)   #13
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
First time I drove Stowe, I thought it a bit mickey mouse but when you get used to it its quite challenging and I've had some great races there. The wiggly bit is pretty tight (although I have made a few successful overtakes there) - you got to be neat through it, get on the back of the guy in front and make your manover elsewhere. Can't image testing IS much fun there - I've never tested there (I test everywhere...) - but the race is often a great laugh - can't remember a dull race there...
Old 7 Nov 2003, 10:32 (Ref:775795)   #14
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
u doing both days sam...don't think ur going to be able too if thats what u were planning!
Old 7 Nov 2003, 12:08 (Ref:775860)   #15
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
why not what else is on?
Old 7 Nov 2003, 12:31 (Ref:775885)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I should be doing the Barc SE meeting in an ADR 1000
ss_collins, what races are you entering in and what engine is in your ADR?
Old 7 Nov 2003, 17:35 (Ref:776159)   #17
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ADR is a sports 1000 car, made with the 1000cc BMW bike engine.
Old 8 Nov 2003, 11:57 (Ref:776813)   #18
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stowe circuit may look a bit mickey mouse but it does produce excellent racing which is whats important, not to mention bargin basement entry fees.
don't knock it lads until you've tried it!!

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 8 Nov 2003, 12:27 (Ref:776835)   #19
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I think it is a terrific little track, especialy if you have a lower powered car, as the wiggly bits allow you to catch the faster stuff, until they attempt to punt you off.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 08:45 (Ref:778547)   #20
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
the open sports and saloons I think. Got the regs through this morning The sports and Sallons race is on the 29th Leaving me free to race karts on the 30th and get drunk saturday night in London
Old 10 Nov 2003, 14:53 (Ref:778884)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I've never driven it either but it always provides close racing. Mind you there's outside chance it will all take place on National circuit, think that's what happened last year?
There should be a damn good entry for the races too
Old 10 Nov 2003, 14:58 (Ref:778889)   #22
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Quote:
Originally posted by falcemob
...as the wiggly bits allow you to catch the faster stuff, until they attempt to punt you off.
Made me laugh - been there, had that done to me, got the t-shirt!

As much as I'd love to raise hopes of the National circuit, I don't think its likely to happen this year. In any case, its less interesting than Stowe* - its just faster...

*Apart from Copse. Which used to be good before they put the tarmac run-off in.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 16:23 (Ref:781154)   #23
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
I like national more - I think the car will fly down the straight
Old 13 Nov 2003, 11:46 (Ref:781920)   #24
howard
Rookie

howard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the Stow circuit, do not underestimate the fun that can be had. It is close racing and great value. Will the school expand the track for next year?
I should be there on the 30th (Zetec VD'00)
Old 13 Nov 2003, 16:21 (Ref:782174)   #25
Revracing
Racer

Revracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where are you racing karts Sam?
And how many bits o racing kit have you got?
A formula Vee, A Sports 1000... does the list go on....

Steve McQueen