Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1242584)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
car - to - pit radios on TV broadcasts?

I noticed yesterday on some of the live timing with commentry I was watching that there were comments being posted like this:

11:02> Coulthard goes out for an instillation lap, he is talking to his pits about the state of the track.

etc

I wonder if we will have some team radio on the broadcasts this year?
Old 4 Mar 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1242594)   #2
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We had a little last year, the highlight in a comic sense were Renault at China congratulating JV on a lap 2 seconds off Alonso's!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1243458)   #3
mystery racer
Rookie

mystery racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were used on ITV1's coverage this morning which was quite good IMO. Well, come to think of it, it would be great if the commentators could shut up for a few seconds to allow us to hear what they are saying next time!

Last edited by mystery racer; 5 Mar 2005 at 18:16.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1243463)   #4
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They could be of interest -as mystery racer says, one of the problems is by the time the comm team have told us we will listen in - it's all over..!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1243465)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Did you catch the Sauber pit communication to Massa: " Be careful, its wet" Talk about stating the obvious!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1243469)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes , it looks like we might have more if this this year...I really hope so , as it really adds to the race coverage IMO .

They have used it all weekend so far , from Friday practice to Qualifying last night , but i do agree , that i wish Alllen and Brundle would shut up for 1 minuted so we can hear what is being said....
Old 5 Mar 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1243473)   #7
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sato san
They have used it all weekend so far , from Friday practice to Qualifying last night , but i do agree , that i wish Alllen and Brundle would shut up for 1 minuted so we can hear what is being said....
Agreed, many times in quaily Martian And James Spoke over the teams and I miss heard what was said !!!!
But its new to them so hopefully they will learn !!!!!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1243488)   #8
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's one thing that got me yesterday,MB and JA must see that little pit radio box pop up on screen .........so why talk over it ??

JA said at one point " rest assured if anything interesting is said we will make sure you know about it"............ it's ALL interesting to us!!!!!!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1243519)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He didn't say 'interesting', he said 'juicy bits'
Old 5 Mar 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1243522)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
He didn't say 'interesting', he said 'juicy bits'
Kill me now.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1243529)   #11
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, the telemetry looked new to me, I hadn't seen that G-meter thing before (it was on one of the McLarens lap).
Old 5 Mar 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1243532)   #12
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sato san
i wish Alllen and Brundle would shut up for 1 minuted so we can hear what is being said....
ditto, to that, was quite annoying!
Old 5 Mar 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1243546)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The worst was when Ted Kravitz was speaking above the pit radio, because you knew he would never shutup in a million years whilst he spouted innaccurate drivel (like Trulli taking pole at Spa 2004 on slicks. Err, no he didn't).
Old 5 Mar 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1243581)   #14
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
P.Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Setanta had good coverage. Very good infact. And the car-pit radios was great. Yeah, Massa and Sauber "Watch it at the top here, its very wet. Its very wet".

Really!?! Thanks

Last edited by P.Cummins; 5 Mar 2005 at 20:49.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1243583)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Careful Felipe, it's raining heavily" has to be understatement of the year.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1243591)   #16
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
The worst was when Ted Kravitz was speaking above the pit radio, because you knew he would never shutup in a million years whilst he spouted innaccurate drivel (like Trulli taking pole at Spa 2004 on slicks. Err, no he didn't).
you mean james allen? what a numpty, he most certainly was not on slicks, i was there at spa at remember it being very very wet for qualifying
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1243597)   #17
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had an overwhelming urge to throw something at Ted Kravitz last night when he babbled over the pit radio, he's probably the only person in the world more annoying than James Allen when it comes to working on F1 coverage.

There's a little box which reads "Team Radio" guys, please shut up when you see this.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1243598)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No, it was definitely Kravitz. He was giving an update on Trullis tyre choice and chose to ramble on for ages about how it could be a masterstroke when it patently was never going to be.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1243601)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The pit radio thing is awkward though I'd imagine for the commentators. I guess they can't just suddenly stop mid sentence (although I wish James would).

This is where ITV could introduce an option for digital viewers to customise what they listen to. Just the commentators? Just the radio? Nothing? There could even be an override option whereby the commentary would be silenced whenever the pitradio came on.

I do realise this is ITV we are dealing with though and such a thing would be incredibly difficult and beyond them.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1243604)   #20
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the pit radio is going to be used heavily this season then I do really hope they find some hassle free way of balancing it with the commentators otherwise it's going to be a frustrating season of viewing.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1243606)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I think, like most good ideas, it will be dropped.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1243607)   #22
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
P.Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well David Kennedy and Declan Quigley did a good job of keeping shut. Im enjoying watching it on Setanta. Anyone else watch it on Setanta?
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1243609)   #23
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
No, it was definitely Kravitz. He was giving an update on Trullis tyre choice and chose to ramble on for ages about how it could be a masterstroke when it patently was never going to be.
okay i stand corrected, certainly not a case of 'right you are there ted'
Old 5 Mar 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1243611)   #24
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it should be very easy for the producers to just show the communication with a, say, 30 seconds time delay and then give the commentators a warning (maybe a big red flashing light, 'cos it often seems like they can't even see what's going on on the screen)... then they'll have 30 seconds to stop rambling and announce it to the viewers.