Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 24 Jul 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1362328)   #1
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hornish wins Milwaukee (including moderator thoughts on spoliers)

Pretty good race I thought. Franchitti and Hornish had a good battle at the end.

Maybe Hornish found a little more motivation after his moment with Helio. Castroneves is such a good natured guy but he seemed pretty peeved in the post race interview.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 23:40 (Ref:1362427)   #2
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Franchitti and Kanaan had to take the gamble on the fuel...if Dario wouldn't have been conserving, I think the race would have been even better....

But the amazing moment of the race for me wa when Sam got in the marbles, saved it, got passed, and just flew back towrds the front to pass Daio a few laps later...

He was hooked up all day long....outstanding performance!!!!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 24 Jul 2005, 23:51 (Ref:1362430)   #3
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

A spoiler warning would've been great. Canada doesn't get the race for another fifteen minutes.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 05:58 (Ref:1362533)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't go in the forum then!

On topic: A very strong drive from Hornish. I was surprised at the commentators (Gary Lee and Larry Rice) blaming Sam, as did Roger Penske.

As I saw it, Helio turned down too early and clipped him.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 06:05 (Ref:1362537)   #5
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate this Spoilers Crap...

if u dont want to know the results... dont enter the forum..

plain and simple.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1362659)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah rush1 you could have posted it in the official thread that way the results would have not been spoiled to others.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1362702)   #7
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

As I saw it, Helio turned down too early and clipped him.
Actually, from what i saw, it looked like Sam maybe started to drift a little high and went into the side of Helio.

Either way you slice it, it's the first time i've EVER seen two Penske cars have contact...
Old 25 Jul 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1362837)   #8
tbman
Rookie

Finland
Finland
tbman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know why Penske cars haven't onboard cameras in any race?
Old 25 Jul 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1362889)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought Sam bobbled a little and that caused him to go up the track...at least the ABC announcers alluded to that in the replay....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 25 Jul 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1362894)   #10
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Helio has asked team mate Sam half of his prize money after the inicident.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 14:51 (Ref:1362998)   #11
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Don't go in the forum then!

No, this is different than just going into the forum. When you enter ten-tenths from the front page, you are presented with a list of the latest threads, where the title of this thread stuck out like a sore thumb. Now, most people use common sense and post a thread called 'comments about ___ race', not 'Paul Tracy wins Toronto race' or 'Fernando Alonso wins the German Grand Prix'. It's one thing for a spoiler to be within a post in a thread, it's a completely other thing for the spoiler to be in the thread title.

It is not my fault that the race was spoiled.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1363108)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well said StickShift - the only way around it is to have links to the individual title pages for each branch of the forum and only access the ones whos race you've seen, btu even then a bit of common sense could avoid the need for that.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 23:11 (Ref:1363351)   #13
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickShift

No, this is different than just going into the forum. When you enter ten-tenths from the front page, you are presented with a list of the latest threads, where the title of this thread stuck out like a sore thumb. Now, most people use common sense and post a thread called 'comments about ___ race', not 'Paul Tracy wins Toronto race' or 'Fernando Alonso wins the German Grand Prix'. It's one thing for a spoiler to be within a post in a thread, it's a completely other thing for the spoiler to be in the thread title.

It is not my fault that the race was spoiled.
I concur.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1363558)   #14
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
mod hat on

Yes i happen to agree , unfortunately I wasnt here when the race was on live so i was unable to move the thread or change the thread title.

Please do not just come in and post the results of the race ,without mentioning a spolier in the title.

this wont be accepted , to many peoples weekends are wrecked by this kind of thing.

Now im not getting angry at Rush1 for doing it this time , but in future I wont have it and you will be given a warning and several warnings (in all forums) can add up to being banned from ten tenths.

having said that i hope this doesnt happen in the future.

Mod hat off

as for the race , was an interesting one , there was some good racing there for a while , dario and Sam at the end was excellent , and i enjoyed the little stoush between Danica and Tomas.

was all good stuff , a shame the Penske cars came together but in the end I was hoping Franchitti could take the win , oh well always Michigan
Old 27 Jul 2005, 01:33 (Ref:1364280)   #15
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
mod hat on

Yes i happen to agree , unfortunately I wasnt here when the race was on live so i was unable to move the thread or change the thread title.

Please do not just come in and post the results of the race ,without mentioning a spolier in the title.

this wont be accepted , to many peoples weekends are wrecked by this kind of thing.

Now im not getting angry at Rush1 for doing it this time , but in future I wont have it and you will be given a warning and several warnings (in all forums) can add up to being banned from ten tenths.

having said that i hope this doesnt happen in the future.

Mod hat off

as for the race , was an interesting one , there was some good racing there for a while , dario and Sam at the end was excellent , and i enjoyed the little stoush between Danica and Tomas.

was all good stuff , a shame the Penske cars came together but in the end I was hoping Franchitti could take the win , oh well always Michigan
Sorry, didn't mean to cause a fuss. It won't happen in the future.

Now if it did wreck anyones weekend I have to tell you thats depressing stuff. If someones weekend is wrecked because they found out the results of some auto race beforehand they need to get out a little more. You know, have a beer, chase some girls or see a movie with your significant other.

Not you Marcus because I'm sure it didn't ruin your weekend.
Old 27 Jul 2005, 02:23 (Ref:1364289)   #16
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting race, kind of had booms and troughs throughout the race, but you will always get that at Milwaulkee.

Wheldon would be a bit disappointed, his car hit a brick wall after his final stop.

Just wondering what was attendance like for the race ?
Old 27 Jul 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1364436)   #17
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
but even then a bit of common sense could avoid the need for that.
Sometimes the realization that someone will be the first to comment on a race throws common sense out the window, hence not caring about the fact that not everyone get the race live and in return, when someone comments on being spoiled, turns around the blame on the one being spoiled. I mean, those spoiling it can't be at fault, right?

As for the race, those last forty or so laps were the best open-wheel racing laps I have seen at Milwaukee in many, many years - side-by-side racing, thrills & spills, intense and nerve-wracking battling for the lead, the leader almost wiping out and then comes back etc etc. Good stuff.
Old 27 Jul 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1364554)   #18
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
no idea what your talking about rustyfan , but in future all spoilers will be deleted (unless specified in thread title) and warnings will be issued

end of story
Old 27 Jul 2005, 20:31 (Ref:1365016)   #19
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
no idea what your talking about rustyfan , but in future all spoilers will be deleted (unless specified in thread title) and warnings will be issued

end of story
I'd have to admit it's really a phenomenon more common on less serious forums where the average age is a bit lower. Still, I've seen the same tendencies here at Ten-Tenths several times in the past, but to be honest I'm not sure the intial poster him/herself was been aware of it.

Anyhow, good to hear a policy is in place, even though I doubt it will branch out to the other sections of the forum where it's needed as well sometimes. Like after a fairly major sports-car race that took place not too long ago.