Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 18 Sep 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1410355)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who is replacing Troy, Episode II: Attack Of The CVs.

Shayne Byrne!

Wow! Who saw that coming?!?!
Old 18 Sep 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1410365)   #2
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i liked him when he was riding the Aprilia .. hope he's gonna do a better job

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Sep 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1410692)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A tremendous opportunity for "Shakey" this.

Best of luck!
Old 18 Sep 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1410775)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, great news for Shane. Lets hope he can do a good job, he has the talent and the machinery now I beleive to do very well.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 23:30 (Ref:1410957)   #5
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And adding to that, Hoffman is out to be replaced with Jacque, and rumour has it that Melandri is pretty much out for a couple of races. The only problem is that the BSB and WSBK still have races on which rules out Vermulan et al from taking his bike

Maybe Josh Brookes?
Old 19 Sep 2005, 00:50 (Ref:1410979)   #6
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kevin McGee said during the Foxtel telecast yesterday that it is highly likely that Chris Vermulen will take over the Camel Honda ride from Shakey from the Phillip Island GP once the WSBK season is completed.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 02:47 (Ref:1411013)   #7
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say that max will take the Camel position.

Shakey seems poised to take Troy's position fulltime
Old 19 Sep 2005, 08:12 (Ref:1411118)   #8
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would dearly love to think that's true, and maybe this is just some over-patriotism here, but British riders always seem to get over looked in favour of the next big thing coming out of Italy. I hope Shaky gets his chance and for anyone in any doubt over the man's ability I hope someone can point them towards tapes of his double win as a wild card in the SBK a couple of years back.

But sadly I'm still not hopeful
Old 19 Sep 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1411167)   #9
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Chris is still fighting for WSBK crown... And he is high on the list of Pons' wannabies. Y'know what : IMHO Vermeulen is a great talent, just as Edwards II, and IMHO comming to MotoGP with Honda second hand bike would be a shame to him.

It's still a question who'll get the third Honda next year, IMO this will be Biaggi, as HRC's puppy. I hope, truly, Chris will stay in WSBK because he deserve a first class machinery and treatment.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1411177)   #10
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a marshal for Bemsee, and seeing that "Shakey" is a former Bemsee racer, I think It's great he's getting a chance to prove himself on a "proper" motoGP bike.

Go Shakey! Go!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1411180)   #11
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well im sure the foxtel commentators will love this. Because they, and most, love to see Shakey do so well.

Shake it like you mean it Shakey!!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1411238)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was really pleased when I heard about this, he's done a good job on second-rate bikes thus far and should push himself into contention for a 2006 factory ride. Perhaps Ukawa will fill in on Melandri's bike. Or even Ryuichi Kiyonari, who's now leading the British Cham,pionship on a Honda, if that doesn't have any clashing races. If Bayliss will miss Philip Island then Vermeulen is the ideal replacement for him - a local rider, fast and extremely promising.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 02:18 (Ref:1411873)   #13
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Alas Ukawa is tied up with Moriwaki testing duties and Kiyonari does have clashing events I belive.

The ironic thing is that if Itoh haddn't of defected he might have got the ride!
Old 20 Sep 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1412203)   #14
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did Itoh defect to?
Old 20 Sep 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1412659)   #15
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Ducati/Bridgestone tester.

He's like a million years old too. (Started in 500cc in 93 or something.)
Old 21 Sep 2005, 09:22 (Ref:1412923)   #16
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hey, Hazza, I don't know what are off-championship Itoh's duties, but AFAIK he is Honda factory rider.

Shin'ichi Itoh is leading All-Japan Superbike 1000 Championship on his Fireblade from Honda DREAM Racing Team.
Old 21 Sep 2005, 14:25 (Ref:1413127)   #17
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
I just asumed that he would be restricted from doing anything beacause of his Ducati work:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=21929

However, is he on 'Stones in the all Japan championship? If he is a Bridgestone man then that might be the reason...
Old 22 Sep 2005, 07:04 (Ref:1413655)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have to say I think its great Shakey is getting a good ride for a few races, but hasnt anyone realised that maybe they picked the wrong Brit to ride the bike!
And as for Brits never getting a chance on good bikes then my reason for that is they simply arent good enough and driven enough to succeed sometimes! And the organiserts are Spanish!!
Old 23 Sep 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1414940)   #19
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
I was really pleased when I heard about this, he's done a good job on second-rate bikes thus far and should push himself into contention for a 2006 factory ride. Perhaps Ukawa will fill in on Melandri's bike. Or even Ryuichi Kiyonari, who's now leading the British Cham,pionship on a Honda, if that doesn't have any clashing races. If Bayliss will miss Philip Island then Vermeulen is the ideal replacement for him - a local rider, fast and extremely promising.
Winning the ashes wasnt enough for ya mate **joking**

havent seen the guy so i will pass on judgement untill i do...shame for Troy though

I wonder if Casey & Westy will get a look in MotoGP - hope so
Old 23 Sep 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1415135)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Casey stands a good chance of getting a ride in the next few years, he seems well connected and in the right places to get a ride.
As for West, I think he is a little too tied in with KTM right now to be honest and they seem to be veering away from four strokes completely.
I mean their GP engine was a complete boat anchor and whjat has happened to the WSB bike they were supposed to be building?
I guess the fact that twins are not dominant anymore swung that one for them eh!
I think Vermuelen is your man for future Aussie success!
Old 23 Sep 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1415136)   #21
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
I'd like to think that Casey would stay around for a year and clean up the title with out Dani there, and then get a decent Yamaha or Honda ride for the year after.

Just my thoughts.
Old 24 Sep 2005, 02:26 (Ref:1415200)   #22
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucio Chechinello (spelling?) is rumoured to be setting up a MotoGP team. If this eventuates it will likely provide the opening for Casey to move to MotoGP.
Old 2 Oct 2005, 09:38 (Ref:1421938)   #23
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Chris has been confirmed on Australian TV to be replacing Troy and Shayne in Australia.

Too bad for Shayne, did more harm than good imho. But great for Chris...

...That's not to say that he may do any better on a 7th rate RCV...

Last edited by Hazza; 2 Oct 2005 at 11:17. Reason: seaked clarification on 'B0rked'
Old 2 Oct 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1422283)   #24
fordo
Racer

fordo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would suspect that Casey will end up on a Honda with the connections he has to Doohan.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 06:59 (Ref:1422475)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Does Casey still have conbnections with Mick, I know he did a while ago, but so did Ant West. I think Chris V is the most likely contender. People are only talking about Casey coz he has won the last two races, he has been good but needs to string a whole season together better in my view. But I think he will get a go on a GP bike soon as he is a big lad and watching him spin it up on Saturday was impressive.
Shame for Shakey but he was only given the ride because of Dorna, if Vermin had been available he would clearly have ridden the bike.