Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 15 Sep 2006, 13:37 (Ref:1711064)   #1
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Infineon visit

I recently went to the US to the Indycar race at Infineon, primarily to see a friends son racing in Indycar pro. As a long time follower of Formula 1 and a casual observer of Indycars, i did not know what to expect.
I am now having to review my whole view of motorsport after experiencing a fantastic weekend. The accesability of the teams and drivers is in total contrast to the Formula 1 scene. To a person, everybody was friendly and helpfull and there was a great atmosphere. The spectacle was in my opinion the equal of Formula 1 from trackside. My pass included a "hot pit pass" which gave me access to the pit area during the Indycar race, which was facinating. I appreciate that this type of pass is not available to everyone, however as the grandstand is right behind the open pits area, anyone in the grandstand has a birdseye view of the action in the pits. I understand that a similar pass at Indionapolis during the Formula 1 race (also supported by Indycar pro) did not provide F1 pit access during the race. There is no doubt in my mind now that they know how to put an inclusive show on in the US and we in Europe should learn from them and give up with this, "we are better attitude". Hopefully i will be back next year to see an oval race, preferably Indy.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1711670)   #2
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cool, sounds like you had a great time
Old 16 Sep 2006, 10:49 (Ref:1711768)   #3
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easy Does It

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways
Hopefully i will be back next year to see an oval race, preferably Indy.
Perhaps you would like to try the St.Petersburg (Florida) GP, 1st w/e in APR? It is an airport race. PM for details.

Old 16 Sep 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1711817)   #4
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nearly went to St Pets race earlier this year.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1713204)   #5
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to Indy one day...