Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 16 Apr 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2179309)   #1
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
mitzi dude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your thoughts on GT5 Prologe??

I got the game out the other day, and loved it It will be in my games case when GT5 comes out. so whats the verdict???
Old 17 Apr 2008, 02:51 (Ref:2179446)   #2
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great game, you wont be disapointed.
I have finished the game recently and quite happy with it.
The online racing is great
Old 19 Apr 2008, 20:39 (Ref:2181551)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A great companian to rfactor.

The full game should be pretty special, I can't wait to see the new Le Mans etc.
Old 15 May 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2203199)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some irritations:-

1) You buy a car having chosen a particular colour and after a few races the game changes its colour. If I'd wanted a silver Corvette, I'd have picked it, instead of yellow! They do revert back later but what's that all about?
2) You are getting on with your race, minding your own business and one of the A1 cars which has gone miles off the course, steams back on and T - bones you, and you get the ramming penalty. In fact the AI cars appear to get no penalties at all. You're chasing the car in front, it slams into the wall and carries on at unabated pace. You brush the same wall to a lesser degree, you get a time penalty.
3) Yet again the Lotus models handle abysmally compared to their real life examples, but in one of the 'S' races they fill out the top 4 places and it is really difficult to get near them.
4) Choice of tracks is poor; I know it's a Prologue, but there could be a couple more.

Nevertheless, looking forward to the full game.
Old 15 May 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2203206)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Again, humour me, is this console or pc?
Old 15 May 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2203294)   #6
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Console - PS3 to be precise.
Old 16 May 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2204411)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very very disappointing to be honest

Full of clashes and bugs and yet again nothing really that new

I think you call playing to a captive audience.

But we choulsnt be shocked polyphony have been doing it since GT2!
Old 18 May 2008, 14:05 (Ref:2205535)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ill throw in my two cents...

While there has been cases where ive driven in GT5P and thought "That really does look realistic" the handling on most of the cars is spot on in Simulation mode; My gripe as with everyone elses is the AI Cars which to be honest would have had their licence revoked long ago of the drive like that in the real world.

Take Suzuka there you are going along minding yuor own business and that C4 infront of you goes of at the same conrner every lap t-bones you and continues on like everythings ok.

My question is this:

A.) How is a Citroen C4 faster than a Honda Integra Type R....
B.) Where was the Quality Assurance Department when the game was put out for testing.

Its Eye Candy, but ill still have my Forza Motorsport 2 Thank ya very much!
Old 18 May 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2205811)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, I'm becoming more and more disappointed by this. Like Chunder, I think for playability GT2 gave me the most pleasure and I have been waiting for them to match that with more cars and improved graphics ever since. If they can get loads of really great and interesting cars for the full version, that may be its saving grace.
Old 24 May 2008, 13:22 (Ref:2210423)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I've had plenty of time to play this over the last week and I have little hesitation in saying it's close to perfect.

The physics in pro mode are sublime, better than most PC mods I've played, the AI is improved, you can pressure cars and they make mistake, but really, most sim racers will either hotlap or play online.

The graphics are massively improved over the demo, even a little better than the Japanease version of of GT5P.

We can all see the graphical improvement, but under the skin it's been transformed. Initially I took liberties I wouldn't dare in a PC sim, but in previous GT's you would get away with, now you lose control when you'd expect to.

An easy 9/10, even for a 'demo'.

Last edited by JAG; 24 May 2008 at 13:28.