Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 17 Feb 2012, 18:55 (Ref:3027222)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 1 - WSBK 2012, Phillip Island

So the 1st two wheel action starts next weekend and we are playing waiting on injured riders after testing crashes before the 1st race in Phillp Island. as per normal i get my sky + ready for this. who is fave to get the 1st checked flag of the year.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 03:51 (Ref:3028198)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a leave pass for the day, better not rain...
Old 21 Feb 2012, 01:55 (Ref:3028658)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This series is walking wounded and the first race hasn't even happened yet. Hopkins is out for one race. I believe Laverty is trying to make the race. Haslam had a high side in the final turn today and broke a bone in his leg. He is looking to race, but unsure.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3028726)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dont you just love traction control?

All these riders injured just like 800 MotoGP, all hurt testing new bits and new tech.

If I stood for the FIM and promised to ban ALL rider aid electronics instantly

Who would back me?
Old 24 Feb 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3030458)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Q1 done with Rea on top. Haslam and Laverty being very brave and turning a few laps today with injuries. Dauntless. 25 riders set a time.

http://motomatters.com/results/2012/...a_holds_o.html

Supersport looks very competitive with 28 riders. I can see Cluzel doing well in this class.

http://motomatters.com/results/2012/...kes_steal.html
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:04 (Ref:3030731)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Chaz Davies out now with a broken wrist.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:09 (Ref:3030732)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Superpole has been cancelled today due to a fatality in a previous race.

I have no details on who was involved or even what class of bike it was , but the organizers have decided to cancel superpole.

My condolences to the familes and friends involved
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:21 (Ref:3030734)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Marcus, been sat here with it on mute on Eurosport player at work wondering why its not on. RIP to the dead rider and family.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:26 (Ref:3030735)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Australian Supersport championship rider i am lead to believe
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:38 (Ref:3030739)   #10
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah Ive just seen a name of someone on Crash.net but until its confirmed officially probably best to leave it at that.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 06:05 (Ref:3030751)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
It has now been officially announced, 17 year old Oscar McIntyre has died today at Phillip Island in a Supersport/Superstock race.

My condolences to his family and friends and thoughts are with them and the other riders involved in the accident.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/02/25/...support-event/
Old 25 Feb 2012, 08:20 (Ref:3030772)   #12
expaddockrunner
Racer

United Kingdom
coventry
expaddockrunner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.I.P Oscar McIntyre
Old 25 Feb 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3030808)   #13
skells22
Veteran

that mucks up Eurosport plans, so how we find out who is on pole for this Sunday's race now?
Old 25 Feb 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3030820)   #14
Tazz
Racer

Romania
Brasov, RO
Tazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom Sykes is, according to the Q2 times. Fallowed by Biaggi, Checa and Smrz.
What a way to start the season
Old 25 Feb 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3030831)   #15
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
that mucks up Eurosport plans, so how we find out who is on pole for this Sunday's race now?
I'm sorry that it mucks it up for you!......not like someone has died or anything!

Rip Oscar
Old 25 Feb 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3030833)   #16
skells22
Veteran

thanks. Rip Oscar. another bit of news. the lap count for the Supersport has been cut to 15 laps due to high tyre wear.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3031527)   #17
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Oscar

the season start was ok .. especially Supersport
we should have those top 5 battle year long i hope..
also .. Kenan with Kwaka was a bit of a surprise as i wasn't following the silly season.

SBK .. Checa's crash was huge but manages to win race 2
Biaggi wins one and almost does a field through in the second.
Melandri gives BMW best ever results in his first race but the bike still seems behind Ducati and Aprilia

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Feb 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3031665)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I fear the Flammini/Biaggi run WSB series might soon be unwatchable

The staggering level of coverage his team and him get simply amazes me.

He is not a draw anymore, hasnt been for many years even in GP, so please, just stop arse licking!

Its awful
Old 26 Feb 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3031682)   #19
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

I thought Max made them look foolish in race 2.

So ufkin good to have bike racing back, WSS was good to see Cluzel getting his eye in too. Cant wait for Moto GP/2/3 & BSB to start now
Old 28 Feb 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3032297)   #20
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Went down on the Satdy, stinking hot... Was good to see the bikes racing again - had to get used to the new teams & paint jobs! Disappointing Laverty/Haslam where injured & Hopkins wasnt there!
Biaggi & Checa where dominant, good to see Sykes & Kwaka doing well too...
Supersport was a good race - pity Yamaha aint there mixing it up!

Ten Kate Honda's, surely they can come up with a better paint scheme???

RIP Oscar, terrible accident - question should be asked at National level as to whether 17yo's should be on 600's, 10 years ago they where on 250 proddies or 125cc...
Old 28 Feb 2012, 11:00 (Ref:3032363)   #21
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well PI is normally a very safe track.

I dont think its an issue having kids on small bikes really, Chris Jones was killed here in the UK at that deathtrap Cadwell Park and he was only 15 or 16, on a 125.
Adn we have serious injuries there nearly every year, but thats a different soapbox with me.

PI is a safe track, this I imagine was a freak incident and very sad. But getting kids onto what is basically a road bike with better tyres, brakes and suspension is no bad thing.

What could be doine perhaps is a link between young riders and some sort of training and safety programme Seminars that they must attend. Safety gear for a lot of these lads is a fashion thing and an income source. Maybe should be taken more seriously.

I didnt see the crash and dont know the lad, but these things happen, to anyone at times. All we can do is make tracks safer, make riders very aware of what they are doing.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3033505)   #22
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
....Supersport has been cut to 15 laps due to high tyre wear.
So that was why, thanks for that.

Incidentally, does anyone know what Mr. Batta and his team are up to these days?
Old 1 Mar 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3033544)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I hear a rumour that Batta was getting involved in the MV Agusta Supersport bike.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3033997)   #24
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I hear a rumour that Batta was getting involved in the MV Agusta Supersport bike.
I read that too but didn't the rumoured rider (Luca Scassa) deny it all and hasn't he now signed to ride in the BSB? Time will tell I guess.
Old 2 Mar 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3034001)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Scassa indeed is riding in the UK

Doesnt kean Batta has given up on the MV thing I guess, but they ahve been rumoured to be getting invovled for donkeys years but sice the death of Claudio Castiglioni the former owner of Cagiva and a pure racer, I cast doubts on MV racing again.

They are a bit like KTM, they buiklt a bike to race in WSB basically but kopped out coz they knew it would flop, thats why I give huge respect to Foggy for trying as hard as he did to make that turd of an engine work in that jewel of a frame. Guaranteed if that engine was beter the FP1 would have been a winner, coz Corser always said the chasis was superb